Football Thread

Lunchbox

second 5-0 in a row, jesus christ. killed mk *censored*s 5-0, 10 goals in two games. wild. up to third now...altho every single team in the division has games in hand on us - some even with 4 in hand - so if every single one of those goes against us we drop to 6th so thats an oof. just gotta keep winning

Edited by Muur

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

into the pizza cup final, noice. first final in 19 years. let's actually win this one, would be the first cup win since 1989 - therefore the first in my life time.  not counting league and play off wins as cups since cup vs league

On 2/20/2023 at 12:07 PM, dje_wba said:

Are you looking forward to watching your team play at The Toughsheet Stadium next season?

be funny to use it as a meme name

Edited by Muur

Just about beat Port Vale, now only 6 off automatics. 

On 2/23/2023 at 9:22 AM, dje_wba said:

Will you be going to the final? I can't remember whether you went to the cup semi-final 12 years ago, the last time Bolton were at Wembley.

I did indeed go to the 0-5 against Stoke. Not gonna go this time round though last time I had a lift for the 7 hour drive this time I wouldn't and I don't really want the hassle of getting down there. I've been before and in all honesty though it's once in a decade thing it's quite pricy and I didn't pay when I was a kid (my dad did), this time tho... lol. I've been there and done that so call me tinpot shit fan if you want

Edited by Muur

lost to portsmouth rip. losing 3-1 when youre 1-0 up for almost all the game then letting in 3 in the last 10 is ugh

On 3/12/2023 at 1:09 AM, dje_wba said:

Never mind, I've now seen that Liam Manning has been given the job.

Sorry for the late reply! Not been on! 

Would have been happy with Appleton,  whoever got it has got a tough task of keeping us in the league! 

Ex manager royally messed up the last 2 transfer windows and now we're 3 points above drop zone! Bearing in mind we've not won since 21st January 

we didnt play this week but went up one place anyway lmao as derby lost, putting them below us on goal difference 

also no league game next week (cuz pizza final), so after every team in the division had games in hand on us we will now have a game in hand instead. the other teams bottled their points really, teams having 2/3 games in hand on us but we ended up 5th when all the games in hand were done with thats pretty wild. like, this was their chance to shut us down to mid table with their multiple games in hand but instead almost of all of them went for us. we could still be 5th next week but now with a game in hand. weve been in shit form but so have everyone else i guess. 8 games and a cup final left for us to win a trophy then also get promoted. either the season ends as one of the best ever with 2 trophies or a waste of a year if we lose the final and bottle the play offs. there's now 4 teams vying for two play off spots, we need to be one of them. 3rd/4th is too far aware at this point so we need 5th or 6th. 5th is better, since youd wanna play against 4th, not 3rd. the last month pretty much has 5-8th fighting for two spots.

Edited by Muur

On 3/27/2023 at 10:36 PM, Oufcad32 said:

We didn't play and we went down a place! 

We've got Peterborough, Sheff Wednesday,  Port Vale and Bolton all coming up! 😬😬

you drawing did us a favour, thnx. keeps us 5th with a game in hand lmao as derby lost and peterbrough drew to you guys

jesus christ, 4-0. way to exorcise the ghosts of that 5-0 wembley defeat in 2011

will be be at wembley again next month in the play off final?

Edited by Muur

On 4/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, dje_wba said:

In hindsight, are you disappointed at all that you didn't go yesterday? If Bolton were to reach the playoff final, then would you go?

a bit, but the price and travel are ehhhh. i dont wanna fork out that much. more than the season ticket, basically, is what id be forking out for a one time thing