Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/19/2022 at 9:41 PM, Oufcad32 said:

We drew 0-0 with Sheffield Wednesday,  could have won! 

you shouldve, would've done everyone in the play offs a favour lol

0-0 draw against derby, biggest attendance at the macbok for over 10 years. we missed an open net so shouldve won really. a draw against derby isnt a bad result tho, keeps us in the play offs and above derby

1-1 draw against 10 man lincoln. should've won really, thats 2 points dropped. and with barnsley next, who are just above us in 4th, that could make or break. 

So we lost to Ipswich on boxing day,  beat Charlton on Thursday and lost to Exeter on Sunday! Grrr lol 

Onto Arsenal next on Monday night in the fa cup.  It's on ITV so if you want to see us humiliated,  feel free to watch 

0-0 against top of the table, where we dominated and only drew because we hit the post and had two saved off the line. dang. keep that up and dominate everyone and who knows how this season could end...

next up is portsmouth twice in 3 days. knowing bolton we'll beat them in the pizza cup then lose in the league

On 1/8/2023 at 3:37 AM, Muur said:

next up is portsmouth twice in 3 days. knowing bolton we'll beat them in the pizza cup then lose in the league

won both, noice

Good job we played against the team with the worst form in the country, we lose otherwise. We were awful. Ref also sent off the wrong player. Black player punches a guy and white guy gets sent off. Ref surely should get in trouble for that

I read the match report on the BBC Sport website and was going to ask you whether you could tell, sat in the stands, that the referee had sent off the wrong player, although if the two players in question are of different races then I'm guessing the answer is yes.

I had a look to try to find what happened to the referee who incorrectly sent off Gareth McAuley against Manchester City in 2015, instead of Craig Dawson, but I couldn't find anything. I'm assuming that the referee, and possibly his assistants as well, will not be given a game to officiate next weekend.

On 1/25/2023 at 12:17 AM, dje_wba said:

I read the match report on the BBC Sport website and was going to ask you whether you could tell, sat in the stands, that the referee had sent off the wrong player, although if the two players in question are of different races then I'm guessing the answer is yes.

I had a look to try to find what happened to the referee who incorrectly sent off Gareth McAuley against Manchester City in 2015, instead of Craig Dawson, but I couldn't find anything. I'm assuming that the referee, and possibly his assistants as well, will not be given a game to officiate next weekend.

I didn't see what happened in the match, so everyone is like yo wtf is going on. I was watching where the ball was then suddenly everything kicked off with the manager and others running onto the pitch etc. it took a while before someone was like, oh they sent the wrong guy off etc. So it was as off the ball incident I missed and had to experience the confusion of what was happening. Like, I didnt see anyone get punched but of course on the way back seeing Twitter I could finally see what truely happened. I, and many others, can't connect to mobile data at the Macbok so it wasn't till later that I got to see what happened. I'm sat behind the other goal from where it happened and with it happening away from the ball I had no chance to see what had actually gone on. At first I thought he'd called for offside and everyone was fighting other that lmfao. Was certainly an experience 

But yeah, the red card for Charles has been swapped to Kachunga. Just a good job we still won. Confusing a white guy for a black guy is wild tho. Kachunga punching a gun in the chest is a massive wtf and a lot Bolton fans want him fired. 

Also no the ref actually has a Championship match on Sat

Edited by Muur

we beat chelthem just about, sure been saying that a lot

just noticed that despite being 5th for 10,000 years wer're now only 8 points off automatics. neat