Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two in a row with stoppage time winners dang dude 

we started 433 which was nice and dominated for 25 mins then switched to 532 and did nothing for an hour. Then we conceded, went back 433 and scored twice. Just use 433 the entire time ffs

47 minutes ago, Oufcad32 said:

Lost to Peterborough, currently drawing with Portsmouth. Down to 10 in both games! 

Dreading Saturday

Gonna need you to give me 3 points for my birthday ;)  you winning against Pompey would've done us a favour but at least you getting a point allowed us to jump up one spot. Just would've been nice to be an extra point ahead oh well lol. 

Edited by Muur

• 2 weeks later...

0-0 in which basically nothing happened till bolton get a guy sent off then have to cling to a point. Hurray for terribleness. They played for a draw so fair play to Cambridge I guess. They were in awful form before this so they were there for the taking. That drops us out the playoffs and we'll struggle to get back in 

Edited by Muur

A 3rd win in a row for Albion, after having only won 2 of the previous 17, 3 clean sheets in a row as well, and out of the relegation zone just in time for the start of the World Cup break.

Am I right in thinking that League One [and below] are continuing during the World Cup?

On 11/12/2022 at 5:13 PM, dje_wba said:

A 3rd win in a row for Albion, after having only won 2 of the previous 17, 3 clean sheets in a row as well, and out of the relegation zone just in time for the start of the World Cup break.

Am I right in thinking that League One [and below] are continuing during the World Cup?

yeah a few years ago was pretty wild to have bolton play at 3pm then get home and watch england a few hours later the same very day. bolton prob have matches same day as england this time too. but then i guess that was just international break stuff...which this also counts as. l1/l2 plays during international breaks rather than have half the games as mid week games. which i prefer, mid week games are meh.

Edited by Muur

Two goals in the last 5 mins to beat fleetwood after being 1-0 down for almost the entire game lmao. Wasn't really deserved at all, Fleetwood bottled it 

Oxford have really shot up the table 

stoppage time 1-1 draw, we sure do that a lot

miss of the season from charles when he was 1 on 1 and hit at the gk. was harder to miss than score like damn

shouldve beat bristol rovers with our record against them of something like 6 wins i a row. they hd one shot too and scored it

So we beat ManU U7s in the Pizza Cup 4-0 but it was a bad result as we had 20 shots and only had 3 shots on target (one was an og) and only scored the 4 goals in the last 20 mins when I guess they were tired. We're not gonna get 20 shots against real teams and 3 on target in 20 shots is disgusting. They better buck their ideas up cuz we're only in the top 6 due to multiple teams below us having games in hand...one of them having three in hand.