Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another win woohoo and so forth. Annoyingly our form in the last 21 games is the best in the entire division. If only the first half wasn't relegation form. One hand game left and we can finish between 9th and 11th. If we win and Oxford lose we'll finish only 2 points behind them lol

So looking it up, if we win next week we finish on 73 points and in most League One seasons 73 points is enough for the play offs dang

Yeah this season has been competitive,  I'm hoping next season might not be as bad, Derby and Barnsley will be in and around it, Bolton should be,  hopefully we are, then Ipswich and Pompey,  obviously whoever misses out in the Play Offs 

13 hours ago, Oufcad32 said:

Yeah this season has been competitive,  I'm hoping next season might not be as bad, Derby and Barnsley will be in and around it, Bolton should be,  hopefully we are, then Ipswich and Pompey,  obviously whoever misses out in the Play Offs 

Derby might not be, if they finish the season still in admin theyll start at -12 again and if they don't pay off their creditors when coming out of admin which is apparenlty around 15 million of debt, theyll also take a -15 deduction as well. If this happens they'll get relegated 

As for us, if we continue off the way we have ended this season we'll win the league. Since match day 25 we are the team with the most points by far, by more than 10 points,

Ended on a win but didn't relegate fleetwood as they stayed up on goal difference oh well

and we finished 9th! Finished above Portsmouth on goals scored lmao 

3 hours ago, dje_wba said:

Nothing to say about Bolton's fluke of a third goal, scoring with a tackle?

Weirdest goal i've ever seen lmao, was a massive fluke and when it clear it was about to loop over the gks head we were all like wtf lol

Ended on a draw with Doncaster, onto next season now. However this was our biggest points tally for quite a few years (also on another season it would have been enough for a play off spot) 

• 1 month later...

we have a pretty tough start, though we did beat ipswich 5-2 at their ground last year so doing that again would be nice. wycombe and sheff wed after that tho... were starting off with a lot of teams that could be int he top 6

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, dje_wba said:

I meant to ask, did you go to the Kassam when Albion visited for a pre-season friendly a few weeks ago?

No I didn't,  I was saving money for away trips rather than pre season. 

Did you come down? 

3-0 win against Wycombe, a team excepted to be in the top 6 and were in the play off final last year. I'm confident we can get top six if we can beat Wycombe that easily, and it could/should've been 5-6 as well we missed some sitters. Good shit lads, get that trophy

On 8/5/2022 at 9:07 PM, Oufcad32 said:

No I didn't,  I was saving money for away trips rather than pre season. 

Did you come down? 

No, I think the last time I attended a pre-season match was back in 2000.

Well done on knocking the Jack Bastards out of the League Cup.

0-0 against vale. usually would be a bit shit but when youre down to 10 men for most of the game it's not bad. two in a row with reds cards as well

Just about beat Morcambe, they played 6 at the back and never really looked like scoring. They played for a 0-0

the hell is going on with Exeter they're killing everyone and only just came up. Crazy. One was 7-0

Oxford not doing very well