Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Twisted... said:

Enjoying Marlon Fossey, Muur?

He's basically been playing as a winger rather than a RB. As a winger, he's really really good. Too good for League One. He could probably even do it in the Championship

In the Prem though? yeah, you're not gonna use a 24 year old that is out on loan in League One lol, youll prob sell him to us in the summer

Also a little weird he's 24, yet he's only made 14 appearances in his career and 5 of those are with us the frig happened there

Edited by Muur

Sorry for the late reply, Muur. Glad you're enjoying Fossey.

He basically had 2 major injuries in his youth career, so that took  a few years off his playing time. Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep improving.

Question for Oufcad32, how is Ben Davis getting on since joining you guys? I've seen he's been on the bench for you a few times, but has he been playing for your youth teams at all? I'm guessing he might have had international duty with Thailand at some point, too?

5 hours ago, Twisted... said:

Sorry for the late reply, Muur. Glad you're enjoying Fossey.

He basically had 2 major injuries in his youth career, so that took  a few years off his playing time. Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep improving.

Question for Oufcad32, how is Ben Davis getting on since joining you guys? I've seen he's been on the bench for you a few times, but has he been playing for your youth teams at all? I'm guessing he might have had international duty with Thailand at some point, too?

He's played in the Papa John's trophy and come off the bench a couple of times,  however not really featured. He's good on my fifa 22 career though 🤣

Four wins in a row now! and best part is four clean sheets in a row as well. First time in our history a GK has made his Bolton debut then gone on to get four clean sheets in a row, crazy.

Shame Wigan/Oxford was a draw. First time ever I wanted Wigan to win since they're basically already promoted and Oxford are in the last play off spot right not need ya'll to lose more so we can catch up ;)

Another win, 5 in 6 now (should be 6 in 6 with the BS that happened the other day...). Beat Oxford on Saturday (sorry lad, you gotta lose!) then win our game in hand on the Tuesday after and we can get to within 5 points of the play offs... but on the other hand, lose to Oxford on Saturday and the play offs might be too much of an ask. Basically a 50000 pointer on Sat

22 hours ago, Muur said:

Another win, 5 in 6 now (should be 6 in 6 with the BS that happened the other day...). Beat Oxford on Saturday (sorry lad, you gotta lose!) then win our game in hand on the Tuesday after and we can get to within 5 points of the play offs... but on the other hand, lose to Oxford on Saturday and the play offs might be too much of an ask. Basically a 50000 pointer on Sat

Are you coming to it? 

21 minutes ago, Oufcad32 said:

Was a tight game,  could have gone either way to be honest 

Tbh, you guys were the better team for first half of the game and then basically died allowing us to win. Ya'll shouldve scored more with your better performance in the first 45-60 mins

1 hour ago, dje_wba said:

Wow, Bolton 3-0 down against Burton inside 20 minutes.

Least they didn't score any more

but yeah losing our game in hand wasn't ideal. Hopefully they got that out their systems and we march on

Another win! 4-0 this time, and it could've/should've been more with the chances we had. 15 matches left to slip into 6th. 7 wins in 9! we've also been 10th for the last 6 weeks though... be nice to at least move up quicker

1 hour ago, dje_wba said:

Sad news about Joey Beauchamp, I always rated him-- when Denis Smith left Oxford in 97 to become manager at the Albion, part of me hoped that he might bring Beauchamp with him.

He was my idol growing up, had the pleasure of meeting him when I was mascot. Absolutely quality player