Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good 3-0 win against doncaster, ha *Censored* them they finally got to play at the macbok and got rekd. 7 points off the play offs now

we only had 13 fit outfield players for that match and one got injured at 30 mins and another suspended due to 5 yellows next game so thatll be fun

On 11/24/2021 at 12:13 PM, dje_wba said:

And they've responded by sacking their manager.

I had a day off work yesterday so that I could go to Blackpool to watch the Albion fail to score again.

You're having a bit of a wobble aren't you? Asking genuinely 

Yeah, still in third, but the gap to the top two is growing, and the teams below are catching up. The team have been struggling to score lately, only scored twice in the past five matches-- they've been having plenty of shots, but most of them have been off target, not being clinical enough, or at least working the goalkeeper.

I hope for an improvement tonight against Forest, but we'll see.

Yup, another goalless draw. Albion have had something live 65 shots in total in the past 3 matches without scoring. In fact, I've attended 3 matches in the past week, and only seen a single goal (scored by Huddersfield). With the way the other results have gone today though, nothing really has changed at the top of the table.

draw against chelthem but their goals were from our defensive errors so we shouldve won really. if we cant get promoted this year then maybe we should try and win the pizza trophy. weirdly enough we got fleetwood in the pizza trophy on tuesday then fleetwood again on saturday in the league. two wins would be nice

• 2 weeks later...

beat fleetwood in the cup then lose to them in the league a few days later. standard bolton that and I even called it and said wed do that before the cup game lol. it worse when fleetwood had 1 draw and 11 losses in the last 12. good times. only way to salvage this season really is to win the pizza trophy

• 3 weeks later...

2-1 loss to rotherham, who are top of the table. it was actually really close and we nearly got a point and its our first game in a month cuz of covid, so tbh id say this is a good result even tho we lost. last time we played them away it was 7-1 rotherham just gotta have a good jan then go on a good run and get that top 6. i dont expect it though, so plz win the pizza trophy (which rotherham are still in actually...)

So, out of the pizza trophy after our gk literally passed the ball from a goal kick to their striker. season over now and tbh at this rate we might even get relegated

Edited by Muur

wasnt expecting to beat wycombe anyway, but a goal wouldve been nice. need to stop being bad now, cuz were creeping closer and closer to the relegation zone...

We finally won a match. Ipswich pulled a bolton, their lad giving the ball to our lad in their box for a free goal looks like they watched us a bit too much in scouting 

so two wins in a row now, though this match was a 0-0 where nothing happened only for our new striker to score a wonder goal with seconds left. didnt really feel like a win when nothing happened for 90 mins lol, oh well three more points and one step closer to another crazy run like last season where we won 14 in a row and went from 20th to 3rd ;)

in fact if we win our game in hand were only 9 points off the platy offs (hello oxford)

Edited by Muur