Football Thread

Lunchbox

Performance wise it wasn't terrible, they scored at the start due to a bolton mistake and then for most of the game it was 1-0 and we then hit the cross bar twice (so could've been 3-1). then they got the 2-0 from a wonder goal after which we put everyone forward and even took a defender off for an attacker, then they finished us off now we had one less defensive player

makes it worse when james mcclean scored though... match had to be stopped for 10 mins due to all the bolton fans (at the opposite side of me) throwing shit at him. police had to get involved. bolton and mcclean just really hate each other for years

Only worse result ive been to was prob the 0-5 vs stoke at wembley, but at least that was at wembley (tbh 4-0 was flattering to them)

Edited by Muur

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/17/2021 at 7:53 AM, Oufcad32 said:

We lost to Plymouth.  If only we could hit the target! 

same for us tonight

playing the top 2 back to back was bad i guess. two losses without scoring

2-0 down after ten mins again only to score twice in the last 5 mins. we need to play for 90 mins, not 5

in worse news supposedly evatt and captain sarcevic had an argument that was so bad he has now signed for a non league team like WTF your captain just *censored*s off after 14 games to drop multiple divisions how bad was this argument

3-0 win against Rochdale, shame it was only in the pizza cup. At least it's a win though let's hope they can take that form into the league

next up is Stockport in the FA Cup though and gee I wonder who our now former Captain joined two weeks ago from no where signed for... he's basically guaranteed to score against us lmao

2-2 draw against Stockport in the fa cup. Kinda bad when the first team played. First team prob won't play in the replay prob best to play kids in that. Former bolton captain that left last week didn't play. "Picked up a knock in training" suuuuure

Edited by Muur

So a good win against Crewe which shows improvement as they beat us three times at home last season (in pre season, the league cup and the pizza trophy). tis a shame were so stuck in mid table but a good run of form can change everything

On 11/14/2021 at 4:21 AM, dje_wba said:

Bolton played at the same time as England?

yeah league one/two doesnt have the international break and we played on friday (theres always a friday game, was us this time) at 8pm (england kicked off at 7:45)

also we lost the fa cup replay to stockport so that sucks too especially as our former captain from last month plays there

Edited by Muur

I know Leagues One and Two don't have an international break-- I can remember when Division One/The Championship didn't have an international break either-- I was just amazed to learn that there were matches, or a match, being played at the same time as England were playing, that seems so daft. Was the match live on Sky, was that why they we're playing at that time?

I watched like the last ten minutes of Stockport/Bolton, looked like Bolton only had themselves to blame after being 2-0 up and 3-1 up.

21 hours ago, dje_wba said:

I know Leagues One and Two don't have an international break-- I can remember when Division One/The Championship didn't have an international break either-- I was just amazed to learn that there were matches, or a match, being played at the same time as England were playing, that seems so daft. Was the match live on Sky, was that why they we're playing at that time?

I watched like the last ten minutes of Stockport/Bolton, looked like Bolton only had themselves to blame after being 2-0 up and 3-1 up.

wasnt even on tv weirdly enough. its also not the first time weve played at the same time as england I think that happened twice during the 16/17 season

anyway we lost 1-0 to wycombe today. not that bad against a team that was in championship last season when we were in league two season really and it was super close and really if we played a striker i think we could've won (we literally played 460 cuz our strikers are all injured)

Edited by Muur

Ole is sacked! Thank *Censored*! However, appointing Michael Carrick as interim Manager until they find someone to become interim Manager?! We can't get an actual Manager to manage our club?! What an ABSOLUTE joke! Get Woodward and The Glazers out!

Edited by Graeme Jones