Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First team to beat Salford at their ground this season, dang. Only just though.

Tranmere lost again so we're five points clear of them. Morcambe are who I'm worried about though, theyre on really good form and just leap frogged tranmere. we play them in 2 weeks so that match could be the decider at this point. we're four points above them, so by next week they could be above us. we have last place next and thats always a banana slip. guess we'll see. five matches to go

On 4/13/2021 at 9:23 PM, Muur said:

we have last place next and thats always a banana slip. guess we'll see. 

and we lost. how expected that was. ah bolton wanderers. a win would've put us first.

Knew this would happen. *censored*ing greed is ruining this sport! All the greats that have passed will be rolling in their graves at this!! Absolutely disgusted! It's time that fans put aside the club fan banter and unite against this shite!!

It's funny when teams like Arsenal and Spurs are involved. How long would they keep their "fans" when they'd become the relegation level teams every season? they want 20 teams. If Arsenal and Spurs come 17th every season, who would give a shit about them? they'd lose most of their fanbase etc. they'd become the new Bolton Wanderers 

"A board member of one of the 'big 6' tells Sky Sports: "Our job is to maximise our revenues. The wider good of the game is a secondary concern." He also confirms the clubs don't care about the backlash."

*censored*ing *Censored*!!

Perez is a *censored*ing disgrace! Saving football? SAVING FOOTBALL?! Is he *Censored*! Football over the last year has been the one decent thing during this god awful pandemic. And now this?! I feel like my heart has been ripped out!

Back to winning ways, 1-0 win against Carlisle. three games to go. next up... Morecombe, the current in form team who are 1 point below us. winner will probably be promoted tbh, could be the biggest game in league two this entire season. since theyre 1 point behind us with 3 games to play, id be very happy with a point. would keep us third with 2 games to go. saturday will sure be interesting...

The battle has been won, but the war is FAR from over! We need the 50+1 rule that Germany have. I'm sick of these rich *censored*ing owners thinking they can do whatever the *Censored* they want! And LOL at John Henry with his apology. *Censored* off. That's what I'd say if I were a Liverpool fan. But since I'm a Man Utd fan? *Censored* THE GLAZERS! GET THEM OUT!  I will not forget the hell we fans have been put through the past 72 hours. These greedy bastards underestimated the power of the football fans, and boy did it come back to bite them in the ass!!

You can't just slap an American sports model onto European sports and expect it to work lmao. The big six thinking they're above playing against teams like Crystal Palace 

Find it hilarious that the Glazers issued an apology. Do they think we're stupid? They didn't give a flying *Censored* for 3 days! They didn't care what we went through. They tried to destroy football, and the magic of Tuesday/Wednesday European Champions League nights! Oh but they are sorry! That makes it all ok! It's the 14 clubs I really feel sorry for, having to endure all this. As well as the lower league clubs.

Edited by Graeme Jones

Wahey we won, Morecambe were 1 point and place below us. We are now 4 points clear in the automatics with 2 games to go. all we need is 1 win in the next two games and we're promoted. And we're even only two points off the title. Imagine we win the league on the final day after not being top the entire season lmao

3 hours ago, dje_wba said:

More confident about Bolton winning promotion than you were a couple of weeks ago then, Muur?

Still time to bottle it

a lot of this season has come down to other teams bottling it lmao. but also we have 16 1-0 wins, jesus christ. gonna need to improve that next season (if were in league one) if we want back to back promotions to the championship

well, there we go. lost in the 96th minute. bottled promotion. 1 point clear with 1 game to go. we *censored*ed it

even a point would've had us the same as cambridge which could've been useful

Edited by Muur

lmao looks like if we *Censored* up, which we will, we could be playing exeter in the play off semis who literally just beat us

we play crawley, who have nothing to play for. morcambe play bradford, who also have nothing to play for. we're away and theyre home though, so even though we're 1 point ahead we're not really the favourites any more. would've been nice to get a point since at least we'd be on the same as cambridge and if they lost and we drew that point wouldve taken us up...

Edited by Muur