Football Thread

Lunchbox

On 12/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, Muur said:

Well, another loss. So those 5 wins in a row were pointless in the end, we're back to where we were before them.

They weren't really pointless, were they? I mean, if Bolton hadn't picked up those 15 points, they would be in a worse position than they are now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win away against 2nd in the table, clean sheet too. They even had fans in the Stadium. Great result. 3 points off the play offs now, and next we play Trampere with Hill in charge...

If Greater Manchester goes into tier 2 tomorrow, we'll be allowed fans in the Stadium and I've been allocated as part of "group A", so I'd be allowed into the Stadium. With 8000 season tickets they're splitting it into four groups and each group alternates, so Group A would be first (probably? would be weird to be group A and then not be up first). If this happens and I get to go and watch them beat the shit out of Trampere and laugh at Keith Hill it'd be good times. Might not happen though since their match was called off today cuz of Corona Virus

edit: so it's randomised from group A, B, C, or D. WTF lmao, why name my group A then? so there's only a 1/4 chance then

On 12/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, dje_wba said:

They weren't really pointless, were they? I mean, if Bolton hadn't picked up those 15 points, they would be in a worse position than they are now.

You know what I mean lol. Just made it feel like "guess we're mid table"

Edited by Muur

Well lost at home to Trampere. More annoying when their manager is Hill who we had last season and half their line up was former Bolton players. 

Win then lose win then lose is just gonna see us come 12th

I was ready to say RIP Bolton but then we came from 0-3 down to draw 3-3 and nearly won in stoppage time, so dang. Problem is the fact we we 0-3 down. A draw away against second is a good point, but this is the third time we've scored three away and not won. Annoying 

We have the best attack in league two but a relegation tier defence. Annoying. Need a big Jan window. 

Edited by Muur

I'm not sure. I like Bilic, I didn't want him to be sacked, so I was sorry to see him leave, but I'll admit that replacing him with Allardyce probably improved Albion's chances of staying up.

At present I still think Albion are more likely to go down than stay up, but as I said, with Allardyce in charge they're probably more likely to stay up than they would've been if Bilic had remained Head Coach.

Fair enough,  I would like you to stay up, always good to see teams we have links with doing well( think Denis Smith managed you after us in 98? Also the Michael Appleton link and Kemar Roofe) lol 

We beat Plymouth 3-2 at their place tonight 

Edited by Oufcad32

Denis Smith did in indeed join Albion from Oxford, being appointed Albion manager on Christmas Eve 1997. His first match in charge was away to Reading on Boxing Day, which - given the Oxford/Reading rivalry - is kind of ironic, thinking about it now; he was sacked a week and a half before the start of the 1999/2000 season.

From holding Liverpool to a 1-1 draw away from home, to shipping 5 at home to Leeds without reply...

Well that's another loss. Somehow. Hit the post, the cross bar, and had more than 20 shots. One lad literally missed an open goal. We got FMed. At this point we just gotta prepare for next season I guess. 

Game mid week was cancelled from corona. They basically got two weeks off now as we're not in the FA Cup. We need half of a new team by the time they're back. 

draw against a team in the play offs, but we beat them away so a draw at home against them seems more meh

we should've won really, but their GK apparently decided he's a god with some of the saves he was pulling off

seven points above the relegation zone, 8 points from the play offs. truly mid table I guess