Football Thread

Lunchbox

6 hours ago, Muur said:

technically it wasn't a "suggestion" but was just me saying to do what italy and germany said theyre gonna do

cancel this shit. keep us in league one. starting on -12 and having only 2 players to start with, meaning we lost the opening 10 with he U18 was unfair. wed get a real shot at league one with this. hell i feel like wed be able to get play offs if they keep us in league one next season

doing it for champs/L1/L2 would be 26 teams in each. it even works with burys *Censored* up as league two has three automatic promotion spots that takes us to 26. league two/conference would need to sort out the missing team for league two tho. I suppose no one going down and and promoting 1 from the national league makes it 24 teams... but maybe they need to just take three from the NL so they match on 26 (but normally only two go up from the NL, goddamn it bury)

ps @Twisted... and @Oufcad32 your teams wouldn't go up in this situation because youre both 3rd. you will stay in your league to allow bolton to live. thanks for your sacrifice. with the exception of bury's *Censored* up, you need even teams in a league, so its either top 2 or top 4. they aint gonna promote 4 teams

oh god what if they relegate us anyway cuz of how many point we're behind lol

No I know they wouldn't,  can dream though cant I? Considering we've not been in the Championship since 1999! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, Crazy. said:

It's almost a guarantee at this point that the season wouldn't resume. I believe the date they've given for resuming is actually the date on which they'll reassess as to what needs to be done, because the 14-day quarantine period for any affected player/manager is a must and if it clashes with said date, you'll have all the other members of the club in self-isolation too during that time. It just isn't going to happen, especially when you also consider that the virus is expected to peak in April. 

yeah, I'm aware. 

I read they have to finsh the season by june 1st under efl rules

cancel it. for uh, health and stuff. not relegation reasons.

final match of the season (against oxford) is the only one technically not postponed for us right now altho I doubt that'd be the first game back lol. the last match suddenly being match 35 would be weird. 

problem we have is that only 3 of our players are contracted after June 30... thatll be fun. (this even includes most youth players. efl transfer ban only allows us 23 pro contracts until june 2021)

Edited by Muur

You are right that normally the rules would require the season to be finished by the 1st June. However, these are, of course, not normal times, and so that date has been pushed back indefinitely.

The season might not resume by the 1st June, never mind finish by then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same. But we will see how it goes. I'm only for restarting if the situation allows it. But with no audience, I think it can be done. 

I still feel like we are robbed of live title win celebration and all that it would bring :(

Edited by AONO.

• 2 weeks later...

woohoo we didnt finish bottom! edit: huh, the EFL have us listed bottom on PPG - that doesnt make sense. how does 5 wins and 11 draw be less PPG than 4 wins and 7 draws? that must be taking the -12 into account still. at least we have the biggest stadium in league two

6 hours ago, dje_wba said:

Bolton and Southend were both destined to go down. If you want to feel sorry for anyone, it should be Tranmere.

tbf, had we started with an actual team instead of a group of 15 year olds for 2 months we'd stay up easily even with the -12. 

and tranmere went down because we beat them just before their good run of form 

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Edited by Muur

17 hours ago, Muur said:

woohoo we didnt finish bottom! edit: huh, the EFL have us listed bottom on PPG - that doesnt make sense. how does 5 wins and 11 draw be less PPG than 4 wins and 7 draws? that must be taking the -12 into account still. at least we have the biggest stadium in league two

tbf, had we started with an actual team instead of a group of 15 year olds for 2 months we'd stay up easily even with the -12. 

and tranmere went down because we beat them just before their good run of form 

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

I hope you come straight back up, League One  will be very tough next season,  kind of hope we go up lol 

itll depend on signings and what not. we have only three players contracted after June 30, and were only allowed 23 players over the age of 18 and can only offer 2k a week (and that was in league one, so itll be even lower now) as part of our two year embargo for going into admin. another year of that to go

we were in embargo in league one last time when we were runners up (After bottling winning the league when we were two points behind with a game in game with 6 games to go) but thats just cuz we had a championship team

so yeah... league two might not be fun. 

19 hours ago, вrаndоn. said:

Anyone from the US or UK tuning into the AFL? (Australian Football League).

After a 10 week break due to the virus, our great game finally returned this past week. Just wondering if anyone has seen it... and thoughts?

All I know about it is that Adam le Fondre is wrecking shit over there

happy for the lad, since Parky *censored*ed him about here. 

Edited by Muur

5 hours ago, Muur said:

All I know about it is that Adam le Fondre is wrecking shit over there

happy for the lad, since Parky *censored*ed him about here. 

That's soccer 😝

If you've ever got time, YouTube 'Australia Rules Football highlights'. I guarantee you'll be confused, but it's a great game.