Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the chance to get off the bottom but dropping to ten men means it's an okay point I guess. Just a big missed chance that I hope we don't regret.

Beat Lincoln, now 3rd!

Wow damn I didn't realise how well you were doing. Maybe you'll get championship :0

Edit: you're second with a game in hand. Dang

Edited by Muur

Still a long way to go, my worry is people sniffing around our players in Jan. Just hope we can hold onto them.

Hard to believe 10 years ago we was in the Conference now we're starting a new decade second in League One lol

Albion started the decade second in the Championship and are ending it... second in the Championship.

Consistency.

from what I read on twitter, were the team to have dropped the most spots, going from 18th in the Premier League at the end of 2009, to bottom of League One in 2019.

Of the 20 teams in the PL at the end of 2009, 10 of them are no longer in the divsion, half of those are in league one, and one of them have been in league two (and if you add 2010, two of them since blackpool)

Dare to dream.

I can remember the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Swansea, Cardiff, Hull, Huddersfield, and Wigan being in League Two, and they all subsequently went on to reach the Premier League, so if they can do it, who's to say that Oxford won't one day?

well we lost again. we were unlucky as we played well, but yep another loss. hill played a really questionable team too, multiple players out of position, with players in said position on the bench or not in the 18 (such as playing a CB in CM, even tho we had a CM on the bench, and another CM in the stands who isn't injured)

Is Jake Wright still with you?

nah he was sent back

as were all the loans actually, and half the squad have been released too

whoops.

yeah bolton fans aren't happy with hill right now, we literally don't have a left back anymore and we had three two weeks ago. we're back to playing mostly our youth team again for the reason of "i dont want players only on 6 month contracts"

well its not like he's signing anyone to replace these guys... and it seems like he forgets we're in embargo for another 18 months, and can only give out 6 month deals in the first place

and tbh, Wright was passed it - he wasn't really good enough for us

Edited by Muur

welp another loss. this time we were the better team but still lost 1-0. my thought going into it was that we'd lose 3-0+, so I guess in a way that's a win lol

Ah okay, yeah we had him for 6 years from 2010. Was why I was asking lol blimey can you keep the youth team until the final day? We might need a win to go up! Lol

its away, youve already won it