Football Thread

Lunchbox

I never though I'd go to a JPT match since all that B Team Boycott and what not, but what a match that was. None of the new players played and they actually didn't use the senior players we already, so we broke the record for youngest ever team again and we got a 1-1 draw against Bradford's fully professional line up!

I missed the goal though... wasn't even in the stadium yet. Thousands of us were stuck outside and they had to open another stand cuz of how many Bolton fans turned up lol, eventually they just let everyone left over in for free, so I got a free match out of it lol

They got to the penny shoot out and lost, and that was the first shootout I've seen in person so that was neat. No pressure or anything, it was quite the shootout, shame we lost it, but we clapped them all off. What ruined it though was a Bradford player trying to push over the lad who missed the penalty for us... like, it was so bad their Bradford keeper had to run in and stop his team mate from fighting a *censored*ing 17 year old lmao, and even then three more Bradford players had to then come in and stop him as he got away from the GK, like wtf? a 17 year old misses a penny and then... a random Bradford player tries to fight him? it made no sense. Hope the FA suspend the *Censored*

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen five penalty shootouts in person (that I can remember off the top of my head).

I did wonder whether you were at the match last night. What's happening with season tickets?

Looks like they start in October, meaning two matches this month aren't part of it (and neither is the postponed Doncaster game)

I'd most likely just not do those matches

Edited by Muur

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up going to the Bolton vs Oxford match, couldn't miss the Muur vs oufcad21 derby. The first 30 mins were some of the best 30 minutes of football I've seen us play in years. And the entire match, if we had a striker (we have none fit and played four wingers) we would've won honestly, we dominated from start to finish but you know what, before the match I thought we'd lose like... 0-3, so to get a point and a clean sheet is way better than I was expecting. Get our new stikers fit (annoyed we signed two on deadline day and they got injured already...) and we'll stay up easily.

Ended up going to the Bolton vs Oxford match, couldn't miss the Muur vs oufcad21 derby. The first 30 mins were some of the best 30 minutes of football I've seen us play in years. And the entire match, if we had a striker (we have none fit and played four wingers) we would've won honestly, we dominated from start to finish but you know what, before the match I thought we'd lose like... 0-3, so to get a point and a clean sheet is way better than I was expecting. Get our new stikers fit (annoyed we signed two on deadline day and they got injured already...) and we'll stay up easily.

Hi Muur so I watched our game on ifollow, you guys should have beaten us! We were awful.

Good luck today

Would've been happy with a point before the match but the fact it was a 92nd minute penalty is gutting. Still drawing to Oxford who won 6-0 today and a draw against Sunderland is two good results. Getting closer to zero points!

Hi Muur so I watched our game on ifollow, you guys should have beaten us! We were awful.

Good luck today

Yeah lol you guys were bad. You're just lucky they were a new team playing without a striker. Good 6-0 for you guys today though!

It seems we're attempting to draw all our matches lol.

although this was in the who gives a shit trophy and we lose the penno shoot out a second time

Jesse Marsch is the greatest American and i cried real tears when FC Salzberg equalized against Liverpool. THATS MY DAD.

as in your actual dad, or just you memeing?

Another game another draw. It was against 3rd place Blackpool and we got a clean sheet I guess but we need wins and goals. We'll get there I guess... but we're not gonna draw our way to safety.

Onto -8 points now.

Missed the first 40 minutes because of traffic. four way crash outside the stadium. Geeze.

Also we lost 1-3. Broke our record for most games in a row without winning lol. Last win was in March

At least you got to play lol, Lincoln's non league quality pitch caused the pitch to get frozen, cancelling the match

Edited by Muur

Wow two wins in a row, and we scored 3 for the first time in... two years?

I mean it was against Man City's 7 year olds in the JPT so I guess it doesn't really count but a win is a win, and goals are goals and we're through to the next round