Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this Nations League? I don't understand it lol

From what I understand it's only European teams and each "league" has 3 groups of 3 teams each, and you can be relegated or move up to a higher group depending on how well you do. The winner of each league will face off in a semifinal next summer. I think the winner of each league also qualifies for the Eurocup so this way a country like Slovenia for example has a chance to qualify for the Euros that they normally wouldn't have.

What is this Nations League? I don't understand it lol

From what I understand it's only European teams and each "league" has 3 groups of 3 teams each, and you can be relegated or move up to a higher group depending on how well you do. The winner of each league will face off in a semifinal next summer. I think the winner of each league also qualifies for the Eurocup so this way a country like Slovenia for example has a chance to qualify for the Euros that they normally wouldn't have.

CONCACAF has their own league aswell. Don't know if it follows the same thing though.

I don't understand the last line up for the USMNT. Trapp isn't even the best at his position in MLS never mind on a international level. Still trying to figure out the best formation for the team. I really want some sort of high press system. Tyler and McKennie would be great together in the middle of the park in that type of system.

CONCACAF has theirs as well yes, but it's for the Gold Cup so it doesn't really matter. I really wish CONCACAF and CONMEBOL would team up and make the Copa America a championship that also included the top 6 teams from CONCACAF that way it would be 16 teams total and 4 groups of 4 that way international games would mean a lot more for the US.

Holy *Censored*! We actually won!

I would've also been saying this if not for a 87th min equalizer. Oh well, an away draw is a good result, though we usually do beat Millwall away

the biggest shock is actually scoring a goal though...

Whereever it is, it's not acceptable

Just like if we lose to Wigan on Saturday. This is the one month I do no want to lose ever

Edited by Muur

There goes our one match undefeated streak

and wtf at those pics. context?

SuperClassico in Argentina I'd guess.

Superclassico is on hold, probably going to be played in a different country, i think that was Ajax fans getting legitimately bombed during the game by whoever they played last night.

Well, a 1-1 draw against Wigan. Doesn't feel like a good point tbh. Wigan had a 50/50 penny given, whilst in stoppage time we had one turned down, in which their defender seemed to punch/slap the ball out of play, so feels bad. Better than losing to scum FC I guess... but it doesn't feel like it lol. Wigan's first away point since August... and speaking of August, still no wins in Sept, Oct, Nov and now the first day of Dec for us.

somehow, we're only in the bottom 3 by GD. still tho, its something like 16 without a win

Beat Plymouth 2-1 in the 2nd round of the fa cup... who wants US in round 3? Lol

We clealrly need a third match. you won 2-0 at the Macbok, but we won 4-2 at yours, meaning we're 4-4, although we win on away goals ;)

plus we need a win now and you suck more than us