Football Thread

Lunchbox

I'm not too convinced USA is going to qualify for the 2022 WC. They can't beat anyone yet except Mexico.

The current coach isn't gonna be the coach in 2019 and there are alot of young talent playing. They play Columbia better with Adams and McKinnie protecting that backline.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like we got kicked in the teeth today, I mean a draw away at Chelsea this morning wouldn't have been a bad result, but we literally threw it away with the last kick.

If we could start games with the intensity we play with late on when we're behind - then we'd be up with City in the league.

Well that was *censored*ing dreadful. another home loss, gave away two pennies lol

I'd say they "At least they tried" but then I'd be lying

At least we conceded less than West Brom did

Edited by Muur

‪Is there a Voodoo curse where if we score a goal at home everyone dies? ‬

Something like 6/7 home losses in a row now. No wins in something like 13/14. This loss being to second bottom Hull who tbh were just as shit as us. Their goal being because of a defensive error leading to a free tap in from *censored*ing Frazier Campbell lmfao

Indeed it is.

On an unrelated note, how come Oxford were playing in orange yesterday, rather than their usual yellow?

One of my pet hates, teams changing colours when there's no need. We had Newcastle up at Old Trafford wearing their away kit. Couldn't they just have worn white shorts like Juve did?

Red Bull won the Supporters Shield today, wish it was the end of the season. With the win thought they become the best MLS team points wise in MLS history with 71 points on the season.

and the shield is the true title because the team with the most points in every other league is the champions. the playoffs mean nothing

On an unrelated note, how come Oxford were playing in orange yesterday, rather than their usual yellow?

One of my pet hates, teams changing colours when there's no need.

I'm the same. There have been a number of times when I've been at an away match, Albion have lined-up in their change kit, and I've turned to my Dad and said, "Since when does navy blue and white clash with red (or some other colour)?"

The weird thing about Oxford not playing in yellow on Saturday though, is that they were at home.

I'm the same. There have been a number of times when I've been at an away match, Albion have lined-up in their change kit, and I've turned to my Dad and said, "Since when does navy blue and white clash with red (or some other colour)?"

The weird thing about Oxford not playing in yellow on Saturday though, is that they were at home.

I wonder if they're contractually obliged to wear the away kit a certain amount of times or something.

RIP Leicester owner, that's shocking stuff.

I wonder if they're contractually obliged to wear the away kit a certain amount of times or something.

We had that in the PL once, wore our away kit at home on the final day. Supposedly Adidas had kicked off saying we hadn't worn it enough

Red Bull won the Supporters Shield today, wish it was the end of the season. With the win thought they become the best MLS team points wise in MLS history with 71 points on the season.

Yeah, I expect them to choke like they always do. So bummed about the Galaxy not winning yesterday. Zlatan couldn't finish the job but I wont be mad at him. He was the sole reason why the team was even in a spot to make the playoffs and the whole season was pretty damn entertaining. Here's hoping he comes back next season and the Galaxy are actually a good team.

*censored*ing Frazier Campbell

Now I can empathise with you, Muur.

lmao

but also ffs, cuz it just puts us even closer to the bottom 3

Anyone see the rumors of the new European Superleague that is expected to launch in 2021?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46078651

It wont happen

and if it does it'll kill European football tbqh

Indeed it is.

Sorry just seen this, we played in orange last week as it was our 125th year anniversary and that was our original colours