Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to back clean sheets is good shit

Clean sheets are over-rated - the team that's top of the Championship, whoever they are, have only kept one clean sheet so far this season.

You hate Pulis-ball so much that you now hate clean sheets, fair play lmao

One of the lamest things history in MLS was when the NY/NJ Metrostars sold out to Red Bull. Seemed tacky at the time.

Yeah, I loved their AC Milan kits as well. Still the money was really helpful to the league as a whole I suppose.

Jose needs to *Censored* off, team quit on him.

It's going to get much worse, United won't sack him until at least we're out of the Champions League, whatever their reasons - yesterday's lack of effort was unacceptable. They didn't quit only on Jose, they quit on the club, the badge and us fans.

Jose needs to go, and Pogba needs to *Censored* off asap as well. It's a situation where we cannot allow either to appear to win because then the next manager has practically no power from the start.

Im just worried they are gonna *Censored* up with the next manager and hire Zidane or someone like that. I don't think he did to much as a manager at Real. Giggs to me seems like the right choice. He might be young into his managerial career but he knows what the club is about.

How has Giggs proved himself exactly other than being a club legend?

Exactly, he knows the ethos of the club - but I fear he'd just simply try and run the Fergie playbook page for page because he hasn't had the experience in top level management to forge his own. The Fergie playbook was fine in 1992-2008, but the game has moved on since then, on and off the pitch. Also Ryan simply does not have the ruthlessness required to manage United.

I watched a documentary about his brief run as caretaker, and he said himself he couldn't sleep at night when making a decision about dropping someone. Also we tried giving the job to an "up and coming" manager, and that put us on the decline we're reaping the final outcome of now.

Put simply, we cannot afford a "project" or to "blood a team" any more. We're being left for dust by Liverpool and City, Arsenal and Chelsea are evolving - Spurs are a step down from being legit challengers too. We need a proven top class manager who can hit the ground running.

The biggest gamble I'd take right now would be to prise Poch away from Spurs. He's the minimum level we should be looking at.

No win in September in the league...second bottom.. we are woeful

Sucks that, I thought you guys were the third best team in League One when we were there

How has Giggs proved himself exactly other than being a club legend?

Exactly, he knows the ethos of the club - but I fear he'd just simply try and run the Fergie playbook page for page because he hasn't had the experience in top level management to forge his own. The Fergie playbook was fine in 1992-2008, but the game has moved on since then, on and off the pitch. Also Ryan simply does not have the ruthlessness required to manage United.

I watched a documentary about his brief run as caretaker, and he said himself he couldn't sleep at night when making a decision about dropping someone. Also we tried giving the job to an "up and coming" manager, and that put us on the decline we're reaping the final outcome of now.

Put simply, we cannot afford a "project" or to "blood a team" any more. We're being left for dust by Liverpool and City, Arsenal and Chelsea are evolving - Spurs are a step down from being legit challengers too. We need a proven top class manager who can hit the ground running.

The biggest gamble I'd take right now would be to prise Poch away from Spurs. He's the minimum level we should be looking at.

Arsenal isn't evolving.

We'll be relegated by 2021.

Lost 0-2 to Stoke. Shame, didn't get revenge for 0-5/relegation

one day

though we already got the 5-0 revenge when we won 5-0 too, so just need relegation revenge

So maybe not Giggs but someone to just get the club on track. No big superstar coach who thinks hes bigger then the team. Shoulda got Klopp when he was available.

Should have got Jose when Fergie first retired. We ended up with the right man, but far too late.

I'd like Poch next. I like Nuno Espirito Santo at Wolves, but I think he's lacking in experience for the United job just now. One for maybe a few years.

Really unlucky match that. Still lost tho... at home, to Blackburn...

Their GK with MOTM, the *Censored*. Also had one saved off the line and hit the cross bar. Did everything but score. Even had a penny that was over ruled by the linesman at 89 mins for offside, ugh

Least we're not Wigan, losing 4-0 to bottom of the table

Mexico is the only country besides Brazil in the last 6 or 7 World Cups that has qualified every time and advanced to the second round every time. I'd take that over not qualifying any day at this point. It's not looking good for the US at least at this point, perhaps when they finally get all the guys playing over in Europe on the national squad things will start to look better but right now it's a bunch of MLS scrubs just trying to hold things down until something hopefully happens.