Football Thread

Lunchbox

Looks like we're going into admin lol

good job we got all those points I guess...

although it does come with a two year embargo+ -12 points

so yeah, 99% chance we're in admin at 10:30

Edited by Muur

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So looks like a local businessman has paid the 4-6 million and the company we owed it too decided not to put us into admin, though the football league might still count it as happening so now we gotta wait to see what the FL say and if we lose points or not

edit: and our former owner, who was helping in this situation today has died. That's weird timing

Edited by Muur

No I am hes just wild lol. Was proud of Miazga when he scored against NYCFC at Yankee Stadium then pretended to hit a home run. Hes becoming a A+ troller. All Mexico fans are fuming mad, meanwhile they chant puto on goalkicks and throw piss bottles and batteries on the field. Im more proud that their were 5 people who came through New York Red Bull at the last camp. Miazga, Tyler, Long, Paker and Weah.

Since I'm Hispanic and my parents are from Mexico I'm "supposed" to cheer for Mexico when they play against United States but I'm just embarrassed when the fans do shit like that and throw piss or batteries on the field and chant those things, and especially when Mexico wins a game at the WC and people go out on the streets with huge Mexican flags and cruise up and down the street honking their horns and causing a ruckus. Really embarrassing.

By all means go out and celebrate but piss bottles, batteries and shitty chants are lame.

The worst has been Mex fans on twitter saying Matt was looking for the World Trade Center. Its wild he made fun of the dude for his height and the guy who he was making fun of said he didn't care.

That other Mexican who got a red card 2 minutes later cared. Love what Miazga did.

It's an wonderful example of mind games working out beautifully, but I've seen people say that it was disrespectful and has no place on the football-pitch. Football is not a gentleman's sport to begin with and you're supposed to disrespect your opponent. That's the enemy. More so when it's a rivalry-game between two nations.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the US being a good team again and Mexico sliding down a little and eating a humble pie. Anybody keeping up with this UEFA league of nations? I think it's pretty cool what they are trying to do and hopefully North and South America can do something similar together some day.

‪Would've been nice to get a win to put administration stuff behind us and to honour Eddie but shit happens I guess. Losing to a team like QPR at home is ridiculous though‬

Hopefully this is the beginning of the US being a good team again and Mexico sliding down a little and eating a humble pie. Anybody keeping up with this UEFA league of nations? I think it's pretty cool what they are trying to do and hopefully North and South America can do something similar together some day.

Still need a forward. Because *Censored* Jozy, Woods isn't good enough and they won't play Weah uptop for some reason. Ideal line up going forward for me would be:

Weah

Green - Pulisic - Acosta

Adams -McKennie

Licaj - Mizaga/Parker - Brooks/Carter Vickers - Yedlin

Steffan

So a loss due to one of our players *censored*ing up, that sucks. Top half was fun whilst it lasted

Ah well, I expected to be tonked 5-0, so a 2-0 isn't that bad, since the 2-0 was at 95 mins due to having literally everyone forward

so yeah, our defender gave the ball to their striker in the box for their first goal lol

One of the lamest things history in MLS was when the NY/NJ Metrostars sold out to Red Bull. Seemed tacky at the time.

I didn't get into the team until 2008 so i never was a fan of the Metrostars but I hate the Red Bull name. They have a weird relationship with the fans here. For about 5 years they ignored the Metrostars existence and acted like this was a brand new team but the past few years its been a bit better. They have given us what is right now the top youth program in the country, gave us a few nods to the past in honoring past players but its like every time they take a few steps forward they take a ton back.

The whole program pretty cool though. Each team is focused on building through youth rather then big name signings which i think is fantastic for the game, ESPECIALLY, in America. I mean the last international break we had 9 people going to play with their national teams between the first and second team and when you looked at the US roster 5 dudes were either with Red Bull or are currently with Red Bull at different points in their career.

All they need to do is bring my team a cup. And a sweet Metrostars throwback kit.

0-0 away at bottom placed Ipswich. 10 men for 70 minutes means it's a decent point I guess but since they're shit, we could've got 3

Ah well, point is a point

Poor Lamp Frankpard, losing 1-0 to Bolton. He was so confidant and cocky before the game that they'd win, boo hoo mc poo hoo to you

Back to back clean sheets is good shit

What sucks though is we're still only 14th, but 1 point off 4th. A ridic amount of teams on 16/15 points but we have the shittest GD :(