Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoke currently being destroyed by Leeds.

Every time a team comes down

"it's gonna be easy lol we'll bet everyone and be unbeaten"

reality:

they're shit and usually get relegated a secon time

I'm not pressing the panic button just yet, it's only one match. Besides, in Albion's previous five seasons at this level they only won once on the opening day, and that was the only one of the five seasons that didn't end with promotion.

I'm not pressing the panic button just yet, it's only one match. Besides, in Albion's previous five seasons at this level they only won once on the opening day, and that was the only one of the five seasons that didn't end with promotion.

Losing to Bolton at home is basically the worst result possible lol. We won 0 away in 15/16 and 1 away in 17/18

Today's signings for Fulham:

Sergio Rico - Sevilla - Loan

Joe Bryan - Bristol City - Permanent

Luciano Vietto - Atletico Madrid - Loan

Timothy Fosu-Mensah - Man U - Loan

André-Frank Zambo Anguissa - Marseille - Permanent

Bolton's

lol - lol - lol

I'll take that all day long. Alexis was having one, but aside from him and Darmian, everyone played well. Made up for Luke Shaw. Pogba played like he was playing for France tonight.

One down, 35 to go.

I'll take that all day long. Alexis was having one, but aside from him and Darmian, everyone played well. Made up for Luke Shaw. Pogba played like he was playing for France tonight.

One down, 35 to go.

37*

One down, 35 to go.

37*

Corrected, I deleted two from 38 instead of 40.

One down, 35 to go.

37*

Corrected, I deleted two from 38 instead of 40.

40? you counting the first round of the FA Cup and League Cup maybe? even then you should only remove one

Edited by Muur

What did he do?

Just not satisfied with how he runs Newcastle, nothing really new, same ol' complaints. I'm under the impression a lot may have been promised by him to Benitez in relation to the summer transfer window, and Ashley never lived up to them, Rondon, and the two on loan just arent enough for a manager of his caliber, but again its moreso lies on Ashley and his lack of funds he's put into the club over the past two years. I dont think Rafa got a single one of his desired targets, but thats just me guessing. Ashleys response to fan criticism and the petition that was put together basically calling for his exit were filled with half truths, and inconsistent info. I just dont foresee a good run for Newcastle this Premier league season.

What did he do?

Just not satisfied with how he runs Newcastle, nothing really new, same ol' complaints. I'm under the impression a lot may have been promised by him to Benitez in relation to the summer transfer window, and Ashley never lived up to them, Rondon, and the two on loan just arent enough for a manager of his caliber, but again its moreso lies on Ashley and his lack of funds he's put into the club over the past two years. I dont think Rafa got a single one of his desired targets, but thats just me guessing. Ashleys response to fan criticism and the petition that was put together basically calling for his exit were filled with half truths, and inconsistent info. I just dont foresee a good run for Newcastle this Premier league season.

Looking at the opening game, you might be right. During the game, I heard them mention something about players not being paid performance-related bonuses from the previous season and that they're now boycotting the fulfillment of media obligations because of it. So it's a mess again at Newcastle apparently.

Are you a Newcastle-fan? Never knew that.

‪No shots in the first half/should've been a few goals down, get two flukey goals only to throw it away and nearly lose 2-3. Typical Bolton that ‬

What did he do?

Looking at the opening game, you might be right. During the game, I heard them mention something about players not being paid performance-related bonuses from the previous season and that they're now boycotting the fulfillment of media obligations because of it. So it's a mess again at Newcastle apparently.

Are you a Newcastle-fan? Never knew that.

Yup. Always loved the underdog , even as a kid.