Football Thread

Lunchbox

Well if they wanted to play us they shouldve been less shit. Sweden went through from Germnay's group, so it's Germany's fault. Had Spain not *censored*ed up against Russia, they would've played against us

You can only beat who is in front of you. We got to the last 4, they didn't because they were all dog shit

We beat a Colombia side who were ranked as the third best team in the world for over a year, beat Sweden who are always a good team, beat Panama who qualified over Lunchbox's precious USA

If Panama qualified and USA didnt if we had played USA instead would it have been 12-1 in place of the 6-1?

Stop being a little pessimist and be happy England got to the last four. I'm devastated we lost but I'm not a downer who actually wants England to lose

In other words, youre echoing what Im saying, we made it so far because we were lucky enough that the other teams screwed themselves over and got out of our way.

Exactly, and had we had a little less luck we woulda faced them and they would have destroyed us.

And how many finals did any of them make it to before now? Ill wait.

What are you even talking about there?

It is not pessimisim, it is realism for when we get get a hard dose of reality in 4 years time and go back to crashing out in the group stage/quarter finals at best.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Leicester only won the Premier League because the entire top six had a terrible season all at once. There were multiple seasons where the points Leicester won the league with wouldn't have even bee enough to make the top four in other seasons

Do Leicester give a shit? no. they won the Premier League.

Do we give a shit that all the other teams are dog shit and allowed us to get into to the last four? no. no one will remember who we played in those games but you know what will be remembered? England won a shoot out. Harry Kane. Sir Gareth Southgate. England getting to the last four, four years before winning the whole thing in Qatar 2022.

I was actually pissed off at our semi final ITV coverage. they kept getting celebs on to say it and it clearly was going to bite us in the ass

ITV's coverage was typically awful, and provided a reminder of why they shouldn't be allowed to televise football. Or perhaps any sport, for that matter.

I was actually pissed off at our semi final ITV coverage. they kept getting celebs on to say it and it clearly was going to bite us in the ass

ITV's coverage was typically awful, and provided a reminder of why they shouldn't be allowed to televise football. Or perhaps any sport, for that matter.

At least the ITV player didn't die lol. The BBC iPlayer died with around 8 mins to go because of everyone logging onto it so I was like ffs vs Sweden

So good we lost to Iceland. There is a lot more negative than positive in Englands football history.

Iceland have been an extremely good team the last four years, they eliminated not only England but Holland (2010 2nd place, 2014 3rd place), they finished above Croatia in the qualifying group and actually beat Croatia in the qualifying, drew to Messi's Argentina

Just because "It's Iceland" doesn't mean they're shit. They've been one of the best teams in Europe since 2014

You only show up for tournies, don't pretend like you know how good other teams are.

Can we at least agree on one thing though? How the hell does Raheem Sterling play in the starting lineup of England? He is terrible.

Because our league is so full of foreign talent we dont know how to make homegrown stars anymore.

Sterling scored 23 goals this year. Kane scored 52.

...no homegrown stars my ass.

2 players out of 16 isnt a team. When was the last time any of the top six in the last season (City, United, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal) played each other and at least 50% of the players on the field were from England, Wales or Scotland? It is so much easier for our top clubs to buy players from other countries and as a result our international teams suffer.
So you admit we had the luck of the draw that made us look better than we really are? Fun fact, the last time any of our opponents in this world cup saw the final was Sweden in 1958.

Luck of the draw? we lost on purpose to GET that draw

How is it our fault everyone else was so shit they lose to teams like South Korea?

So were cheats then? And it says a lot that we went for the easier route and still managed to balls it up.

I mean, if you weren't cheats you would've never won a World Cup so I guess so.

How is the ref calling the ball over the line England cheating? that's just luck and Germany got karma in 2010 when ours WAS over the line and it wasn't called

Anyway *Censored* watching the final, I'd be too depressed from knowing Croatia are there over England

I'll watch England and Belgium not give a shit for the second time against each other

How is the ref calling the ball over the line England cheating? that's just luck and Germany got karma in 2010 when ours WAS over the line and it wasn't called

If only that was the only cheating you did in the '66 World Cup... Shady refereeing from the get go, most notably vs Argentina (thankfully Maradona would avenge that for them), last minute changing of stadiums from Liverpool to Wembley vs Portugal against regulations and without Portugal's consent. That shit would never fly today. You're a disgrace and always will be. I'm happy that the England national team is 'coming home'!

Someone on twitter pointed out that Luca is actually older that Croatia itself which is wild.

Well technically most, if not all, of this forum's users are older than Serbia.

last minute changing of stadiums from Liverpool to Wembley vs Portugal against regulations and without Portugal's consent. That shit would never fly today. You're a disgrace and always will be. I'm happy that the England national team is 'coming home'!

That was FIFA's choice and the kick off was delayed. Both teams had to travel to get there. So no, it wasn't against regulations and didnt change anything

The president of FIFA was English I suppose but the fact of the matter is that both teams had to travel

If that was cheating than literally FIFA itself cheated

Edited by Muur

Not counting the bronze match

England's next game

Vs Croatia in the Nation cup.

In typical England fashion we'll win as no one gives a shit about a friendly tourney

The "it's coming home"-bit was always a joke that evolved into a slogan for people to rally behind England. Anyone taking it seriously as the English being dead convinced they were the best team at the World Cup is being stupid.

Can we at least agree on one thing though? How the hell does Raheem Sterling play in the starting lineup of England? He is terrible.

Also stupid = this. Sterling was a constant threat through out the tournament and England lost fluidity up front, suffering literally every time he got subbed. You can tell whose opinions on football you shouldn't rate on what they think of Sterling's performances. Daily Mail doing a good job in creating a scapegoat.

last minute changing of stadiums from Liverpool to Wembley vs Portugal against regulations and without Portugal's consent. That shit would never fly today. You're a disgrace and always will be. I'm happy that the England national team is 'coming home'!

That was FIFA's choice and the kick off was delayed. Both teams had to travel to get there. So no, it wasn't against regulations and didnt change anything

The president of FIFA was English I suppose but the fact of the matter is that both teams had to travel

If that was cheating than literally FIFA itself cheated

What a coincidence!

The "it's coming home"-bit was always a joke that evolved into a slogan for people to rally behind England. Anyone taking it seriously as the English being dead convinced they were the best team at the World Cup is being stupid.

Also stupid = this. Sterling was a constant threat through out the tournament and England lost fluidity up front, suffering literally every time he got subbed. You can tell whose opinions on football you shouldn't rate on what they think of Sterling's performances. Daily Mail doing a good job in creating a scapegoat.

Yeah Sterling was a good threat. Seems the pressure got to him gosl wise but at least he's getting into the positions. Rashford offered nothing.

As for the memes it's just because Americans don't get banter and casuals don't realise it's a meme

Just because all over Reddit it wasn't English people saying it doesn't mean they weren't saying it lmao. Look all over twitter, and like it said look at the English analysis at Fox Sports they were all screaming its coming home after the England won the shootout. Your just extremely salty lol.

Just because all over Reddit it wasn't English people saying it doesn't mean they weren't saying it lmao. Look all over twitter, and like it said look at the English analysis at Fox Sports they were all screaming its coming home after the England won the shootout. Your just extremely salty lol.

Americans.

Some people would've done it yes but that, like I said, was either casuals or just English people embracing the meme as a joke. It's been said that Americans don't understand banter and I guess it's true.

Also, I'm not the only person who has said in here that anyone saying it wasn't saying it seriously.

No one was saying IT CUMIN OME in a serious way of INGURLUND IS DA BEST DA GUN WIN ALL DUR GAMEZ 57-0!!!!!!!1111!!11 it's a meme. Mostly posted by other countries fans.

and how am I salty? I'm proud of the lads for getting to the last 4 and that bronze medal is cumin ome

Who gives a shit if the English were saying it? It was their meme. Again, who tf takes that seriously?

Who gives a shit if the English were saying it? It was their meme. Again, who tf takes that seriously?

Americans. They don't know what banter is

And to the surprise of no-one except Antonio Conte himself, Chelsea sack Antonio Conte.

I thought it had happened months ago lmao