Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps saying Mexico did good, but I honestly couldn't tell with my Mexican relatives yelling at the TV like they did yesterday lmao.

Mexico were much quicker on the field. Germany were slow.

It was obvious in the first half, and it was more obvious after the goal.

Now that Sweden won, we have to beat them convincingly to avoid embarrassing ourselves like France, Italy and Spain before us.

Edited by lightning116

England should have wrapped this up with the chances they've created. It's usually these types of games that bite you in the ass.

Did anyone else laugh when the commentators talked about "Kane being wrestled in the box"? I had this mental image of Tunisia's defence being chokeslammed throught the penalty spot.

Did anyone else laugh when the commentators talked about "Kane being wrestled in the box"? I had this mental image of Tunisia's defence being chokeslammed throught the penalty spot.

Edge was proud of that spear

was it that bad?

was it that bad?

Mv5BtpT.png

Bolton are going to be bottom of the Championship after the opening day of the season then, Muur. ;)

Yeah well you've been bottom three of the Champs for weeks

Edited by Muur

As an Englishman I take no delight in the shambolic world cup display of Argentina. Not one iota. As a Ronaldo fan, I am drinking in the abject failure of Lionel Messi to do anything while Ronny is banging in goals for fun.

Also at this rate, Marcos Rojo will be back in Manchester by the weekend, can have a holiday and then be ready for the plane to Los Angeles with the lads.

Iceland bottling it means Argentina prob get through now.

I don't remember England reaching the final in 2006...

100 years for England.

The World Cup could be expanding to a new format of 48 teams. Groups will be of 3 teams each. It may come into effect in 2026 or even 2022.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/upshot/why-groups-of-3-will-ruin-the-world-cup-so-enjoy-this-one.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

The World Cup could be expanding to a new format of 48 teams. Groups will be of 3 teams each. It may come into effect in 2026 or even 2022.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/upshot/why-groups-of-3-will-ruin-the-world-cup-so-enjoy-this-one.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

No could it was confirmed forever ago