Superstar Shake-Up Predictions

Oresama

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yeah, any given star seems to have a better chance at becoming World Champion than Universal Champion right now because of Lesnar's lame ass...but aside from that, would people still have the same feeling towards SmackDown and "how much better" they book their talent than RAW's?

The way I see it, not everyone is gonna get to shine and not every star is gonna get booked the way you want them to or how they "should". For practically every "well-deserving" star that has decent to good booking, there's always someone else (like Dillinger, Rusev, Revival, Gallows n' Gun, or whoever else a fan deems as underrated) getting booked nearly the complete opposite or "just not good enough".

Take The Club, for instance; they've been booked pretty crappy for the majority of their career in WWE so far, although I've never been a big fan of them to begin with. However, it wasn't until recently when they reformed w/ Bálor that they started receiving more TV time and winning more matches here and there, but who's to say they won't be treated the exact same (or even worse, if possible) on SD if they were to get drafted?

Are the writers on RAW much different from the writers on SD? I'm asking because I'm always seeing posts like "I think ____ should go to SD because they'll be treated better...", etc. Fans act like SD can do no wrong when it comes to the booking of particular superstars, yet they claim guys Iike Rusev and Tye Dillinger are being wasted right now. Would anyone say they'll be used "correctly" on RAW, or what?

I've always been a SD guy tbh. I've always found it the easier and chiller show to enjoy, especially since the brand split. It's had a bit of a slump, but I'm kinda hoping sending a few guys over will help revamp it a bit.

Also selfishly I'd rather a few of my favourite guys be on the show I find easier to enjoy.

Are the writers on RAW much different from the writers on SD? I'm asking because I'm always seeing posts like "I think ____ should go to SD because they'll be treated better...", etc. Fans act like SD can do no wrong when it comes to the booking of particular superstars, yet they claim guys Iike Rusev and Tye Dillinger are being wasted right now. Would anyone say they'll be used "correctly" on RAW, or what?

I've always been a SD guy tbh. I've always found it the easier and chiller show to enjoy, especially since the brand split. It's had a bit of a slump, but I'm kinda hoping sending a few guys over will help revamp it a bit.

Also selfishly I'd rather a few of my favourite guys be on the show I find easier to enjoy.

Basically same. I always have fonder memories of my favorite wrestlers doing well on SmackDown over the years, so it's easier for me to forgive their 'slump' periods. Hell, if we can trade Orton and Jinder off the show, that's a huge opportunity for them to bounce back.

That look strong thing really blew up more than what it needed to. Reigns can make himself look strong. Dude delivers in the ring for the most part.

Still doesnt change the fact that WWE puts him in favorable situations to make him look like Superman instead of his work speaking for itself.
LOL hahahahahaha. Thats cute.

Yeah, thats fine and dandy. Roman is more than solid in the ring. He helped get Braun over with their program. He put over Balor before Balor beat him. Took the L to Seth at MITB. Braun beat him clean I believe. Reigns definitely deserves more credit than he gets. Hes not even booked like Superman anymore. But ok.

He's put in a position and they give him favoured opportunities. I think that is what Bestintheworld meant and you cannot really argue that. Dude is hella talented and no one here is discrediting the stuff you listed AOL, but he is certainly favoured. That much is blatant.

I like the dude a lot if I'm being honest.

I used the Superman comment for times when Reigns took out the whole League of Nations. That whole feud with Sheamus is a perfect example of what I was saying and how Reigns is put in favorable positions to look overly great. He is protected, and Im not saying it hasnt been done before but you cant say it hasnt been down for Reigns.

That League of Nations this was like.....not even recently I dont think. Hes not booked like that currently. Actually the whole past year hes been booked more believable or credible. Theyve definitely been careful with him this past year. I was very clear not to say he hasnt been put in favorable positions. That wasnt really my issue with what you said. It was really the Superman comment. And why wouldnt he be put in good positions? Hes groomed to be the face of the company lol Did people complain about Austin back in the day for putting over like nobody at all. Very minimal list compared to Reigns and even Cena. But because Austin was cooler or edgy its not frowned upon. I never understood that. Its a double standard in my opinion. Same with Cena Backlash to this day, its a double standard. But hey is what it is I guess. I dont have an issue with Reigns booking. Now Brock, that is somebody you guys need to be complaining about. Thats the culprit.

I think the difference with Austin, is that his ascension to the main event level was a lot more natural and organic than Reigns' was. Not only that, but Austin's popularity at the time was nearly untouchable and was really only rivaled by stars like The Rock. More than anything else, Austin seemed to be a hell of a lot more entertaining on a consistent basis than Reigns ever has or will be.

When Braun was recently destroying everything and everyone, people wanted him to continue to climb up the ladder and win the title. Thats the difference between Austin and Reigns/Cena. When your whole fan base enjoys the performer that you are pushing, no one is going to complain about the expense of others.

I agree with Kazu on this, although he could have worded it way better. Austin was really cool and super entertaining. He can put over as little people as possible if he keeps rekting stuff and being really entertaining.

Roman is groanworthy and would rather other people be pushed instead of him. There is a difference between the two. People who bring up Austin tend to act like it's a hard thing to fathom. Plus what Starstruck said about his rise to the top being organic rather than forced.

It's not a double standard at all.

Archived