Most famous wrestlers to never be playable characters in video games

Craig Warden

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a pretty long list overall as most wrestlers from Mexico and Japan never made it to WWE, much less video games. Of the ones to never make it in a video game (yet), I'd have to say El Santo, Blue Demon, Atlantis, and Volador Jr, though these guys "parts" are available in Fire Pro I don't consider them actually being in.

Marty Jannetty. I don't think he's ever been in one to my knowledge, going way back to Steel Cage Challenge. I would say The Mountie, but he was in Steel Cage Challenge on the Gameboy if I recall.

The Shockmaster

The Iron Sheik (gimmick, colonel Mustafa is different)

Bob Backlund

Fairly sure Sheikh and Backlund were in Legends of Wrestling.

I still hate that the Spirit Squad never made it in, especially with their entrance being in for years. Random choice, I know lol.

The Shockmaster

Bob Backlund

Nah, I don't recall Backlund ever being in. A tag entrance with Darren Young is in tho in 2K18 lol.

Guest Shades of Cool

Cherry, Rosa and Hornswoggle, I'm surprised he was never playable.

I never aspired to play as any of them but I would have, even the bringer of death (Hornswoggle). I would have thought they all would have been in a game playable at least once.

I never aspired to play as any of them but I would have, even the bringer of death (Hornswoggle). I would have thought they all would have been in a game playable at least once.

Swoggle was in several games as a manager. He was never playable because he was too ahort for most of the animations to work.

Guest Shades of Cool

Swoggle was in several games as a manager. He was never playable because he was too ahort for most of the animations to work.

That being said you'd think they could have made something work, like giving him specific animations or something.

That being said you'd think they could have made something work, like giving him specific animations or something.

It would require specific animations for pretty much everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I still hate that the Spirit Squad never made it in, especially with their entrance being in for years. Random choice, I know lol.

The Shockmaster

Bob Backlund

Nah, I don't recall Backlund ever being in. A tag entrance with Darren Young is in tho in 2K18 lol.

Bob Backlund was in Showdown: Legends of Wrestling, not sure if he was in the previous games though.

Who are the biggest names in the industry to never be in video game before that you always wanted to play as?

Tito Santana!

The guy was in the first 8 Manias well 9 if you count the dark match.

Fairly sure he was in a WWE 2K game, wasn't he? Also I think El Matador was in the Mega CD version of Royal Rumble.

Archived