Official Greatest Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching and nursed a triple moscow mule through the show, but I had a fun time.

Skipped Cena vs Trips

Cedric vs Kalisto was good fun

Skipped Bar vs Woken Warriors

Skipped Jeff vs Jinder (but I saw the Whisper in the Wind botch, JESUS)

2B vs Uso's was forgettable

Ariya Daivari being top heel for the night was kind of great.

Ladder Match was pretty good

AJ vs Shinsuke was solid, but the ending was pretty shite

Rusev vs Undertaker happened. Didn't expect much, but Aiden's antics were fun.

Skipped Brock vs Roman, ending was pretty dumb though. Brock was very clearly still on the steel panel while Roman was on the ground.

Royal Rumble was a ton of fun. I love me my lower carders, so it was great seeing so many of them around for the match.

Elias eliminating New Day, Angle AND Orton was pretty amazing

Daniel Bryan looking like ground beef was hardcore

Titus eating it was AMAZING, and then he was immediately followed by Dan Matha, who my buddies and I fonldly refer to as "That Guy Joe Killed" left us laughing our asses off for a solid couple of minutes. Actually though, wtf was Matha doing in that Rumble?

Nese and Gulak were nice surprises, especially Gulak.

Tucker Knight was an odd choice, but he was good. Shame Otis didn't follow, they could've had a nice Big Boiz spot with someone.

Breezango's spot was short but sweet. Can't complain.

Mojo and Jericho not interacting after Jericho's promo was a sin.

Braun winning felt sooooo good man. Bout time he got a big accomplishment.

Overall a really fun show, especially having skipped what I didn't care about.

Mybad if posted

Saudi sports officials are apologizing after images of scantily clad women appeared on big screens during a world wrestling event held in the kingdom, which hosted women and children for the first time.
The Saudi General Sports Authority apologized in an online statement Saturday.
Viewers said the broadcast of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.’s ”Greatest Royal Rumble” was cut off for a few moments as the images played.
The sports authority said there were shots of woman who were ”indecent.” It also said it will not show matches involving female wrestlers.
Friday night’s event featured WWE star John Cena and others. It came as the ultra-conservative kingdom is gradually loosening restrictions on public entertainment.
Source LOP

There was a shot of women with her hair all open, wearing make-up etc., in the crowd

Yup, which was actually great to see. A few months ago, you couldn't even imagine seeing something like that, I just hope it's not all propaganda.
considering they apologized for it... Clearly not

What a weird show. I felt really awkward watching it, especially when commentary was praising Saudi Arabia and shit. The people constantly walking around in the front rows were distracting as shit.

Apparently Corey Graves is having a bit of a hard time dealing with the situation he was put in, he's posted some stuff on Instagram and twitter about it.

I'm not sure about a propaganda as the kings and prince has genuinely done a lot for the nation and women in the last decade or two. However, so much more work needs to be done as the nation's leaders are still stuck in their old mentality and deep into their religion that Saudi is still one of the worst progressed countries in world.

Their city looks modern and they use technology but it's like many arabs still think the same as they did centuries ago. Such a shame!

I'm not sure about a propaganda as the kings and prince has genuinely done a lot for the nation and women in the last decade or two. However, so much more work needs to be done as the nation's leaders are still stuck in their old mentality and deep into their religion that Saudi is still one of the worst progressed countries in world.

Their city looks modern and they use technology but it's like many arabs still think the same as they did centuries ago. Such a shame!

That hardly negates the *censored*ed up customs and laws they have regarding certain things. "Not sure about propaganda"? Then look a little closer.

That hardly negates the *censored*ed up customs and laws they have regarding certain things. "Not sure about propaganda"? Then look a little closer.

Don't tell him facts like that, he doesn't like it when you do that.

Archived