Official Greatest Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

So is it safe to say that if Roman does win Universal title it's only because Brock throws him out of the cage like I see the whole Roman getting suplex and going through the cage spot

pRiD4R2.jpg

Jokes aside...

Maybe WWE could run a video package of the female division, and be like "look what your're missing by being a bunch of sexist jerks". Are they allowed to show taped footage of women performing?

No

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Censored* goverment policies and behind the scenes deals. I'm more interested in the fans there.

Are many of them disappointed in no wwe women showing up?

How excited are they to see their favorite stars in action and who are they most excited about?

What matches are they interested in the most?

Will be there be fans from near by countries or from all over saudi Arabia?

Did they get good tickets?

Are they saving up for merchandise?

Have some made their signs yet?

Do they mark out whenever they see a commercials for the event?

Are they proud or thankful of their country or whoever is responsible for getting an event like this by the somebody like wwe?

I look forward to checking out the fans and their reactions as I always do

Being from Egypt, I can tell you that in the middle east people are crazy about wrestling. Not everyone of course, but it's the second most beloved and watched "sports" after soccer.

Hardcore fans like me know all about the indies and whatnot, but the majority only know about WWE. And they are fans of both men and women wrestlers.

Maybe it's different in Saudi Arabia than in Egypt, since Egypt is not really a "religious" country.

But I can definitely tell you that the WWE is huuugggeee in the middle east. People just love it, they love the men and women of WWE, the heroes and villains.

Many people from the region are flying specially to attend the event, even people who never travel to Saudi Arabia. I would have traveled but unfortunately I'm saving up to buy a new place, so sacrifices are to be made (monetary ones lol)

Overall, I'm really excited for the people, the fans and really screw governments and politics, the people is what matter

*Censored* goverment policies and behind the scenes deals. I'm more interested in the fans there.

How excited are they to see their favorite stars in action and who are they most excited about?

Are they proud or thankful of their country or whoever is responsible for getting an event like this by the somebody like wwe?

Being from Egypt, I can tell you that in the middle east people are crazy about wrestling. Not everyone of course, but it's the second most beloved and watched "sports" after soccer.

Hardcore fans like me know all about the indies and whatnot, but the majority only know about WWE. And they are fans of both men and women wrestlers.

Maybe it's different in Saudi Arabia than in Egypt, since Egypt is not really a "religious" country.

But I can definitely tell you that the WWE is huuugggeee in the middle east. People just love it, they love the men and women of WWE, the heroes and villains.

Many people from the region are flying specially to attend the event, even people who never travel to Saudi Arabia. I would have traveled but unfortunately I'm saving up to buy a new place, so sacrifices are to be made (monetary ones lol)

Overall, I'm really excited for the people, the fans and really screw governments and politics, the people is what matter

I find that so strange given then when asked to name ancient gods, Egyptian gods are probably at the top of the list more often than. Those and Greek gods.

Obviously it's not the same country as it was back then, I recognise that. I just find that a little surprising.

I find that so strange given then when asked to name ancient gods, Egyptian gods are probably at the top of the list more often than. Those and Greek gods.

Obviously it's not the same country as it was back then, I recognise that. I just find that a little surprising.

I guess it's different. Ancient Egyptian Gods and their whole mythology is still a huge part of Egypt, but I meant not religious in a way that it's not as "Islamic". We have clubs, we have bars, shops that legally sell alcohol, etc... It's a desert full of veiled women and camels like some people think lol

How are the woman treated there? I just looked up women rights in saudi and they have a small victory where they will get to drive vehicles for the first time ever. Apparently some royal people support women and want the country to be modern and equal to have better relations with foreign visitors but they still have far to go.

It's incredible in an insane way how women are treated there and apprently saudi is like the worst country in the world when it comes to women rights

How are the woman treated there? I just looked up women rights in saudi and they have a small victory where they will get to drive vehicles for the first time ever. Apparently some royal people support women and want the country to be modern and equal to have better relations with foreign visitors but they still have far to go.

It's incredible in an insane way how women are treated there and apprently saudi is like the worst country in the world when it comes to women rights

Bro, use the internet, none of us are experts in Saudi Arabia :lol:

Although, here's an interesting video of how the modern Middle East (including SA) as we know it was shaped (i.e. *censored*ed) by the West:

WWE's Triple H was interviewed by The Independent in Great Britain about this Friday's Greatest Royal Rumble event and discussed the criticism of the company not having any female performers at the event.

Triple H commented, "I understand that people are questioning it, but you have to understand that every culture is different and just because you dont agree with a certain aspect of it, it doesnt mean its not a relevant culture. You cant dictate to a country or a religion about how they handle things but, having said that, WWE is at the forefront of a womens evolution in the world and what you cant do is affect change anywhere by staying away from it. While, right now, women are not competing in the event, we have had discussions about that and we believe and hope that, in the next few years they will be. That is a significant cultural shift in Saudi Arabia. The country is in the middle of a shift in how it is dealing with that the position is changing, and rights are changing, as are the way women are handled and treated in society. We think thats a great thing and were excited to be at the forefront of that change.

You can read the entire article by clicking here: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/wwe-mma-wrestling/wwe-greatest-royal-rumble-saudi-arabia-triple-h-interview-defends-no-women-wrestlers-a8319446.html

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=117064

Although, here's an interesting video of how the modern Middle East (including SA) as we know it was shaped (i.e. *censored*ed) by the West:

Yeah bro, use the internet :D

I've never been there before so I can't help any further :D

I meant how are they treated in Egypt in comparison? I said I looked up women rights in saudi..looked it up on the internet

Joe is in the IC title ladder match...so, he can bring the IC title to SD if he wins that. Reigns will take the belt off Brock, and the universal belt will stay on Raw...and then Joe will be able to afford a loss against Roman Reigns at Backlash, because he will have had a nice win in the IC title ladder match. That's the best case scenario for me. US title is going to land on Raw...because they always swap those belts.

I meant how are they treated in Egypt in comparison? I said I looked up women rights in saudi..looked it up on the internet

Sorry, missed that part. No in Egypt it's far better. They are treated almost equally, we have women as ministers in the government, there is no such thing as being forced to cover your hair, and so on. Won't say though they are as free as other countries because unfortunately a lot of people here are judgmental and there's still a bit of a mentality way past it's time, but overall it's a lot better than before and than other countries in the region.

I jumped fully onto the Miz train back when he had that shoot promo on Talking Smack where he got all pissed off and looked like he was about to cry tears of rage. I was liking him a little bit before then...but that promo was awesome. Anyone with that much passion for something is someone I can get behind.

Archived