Official_Magz

I've created a CAW named Magz and I think he looks alright, but I'm not entirely happy with him (I would show a picture, but I'm new and I don't know how to do it). I must say that I'm not happy with his trunks, which is possibly the biggest issue. What tips have you guys done that works for you? Also, if you can help out with trunk logos, I would greatly appreciate it (I'll think of some ideas on how I can show my appreciation).

I learned to try and use the in game designs, but to be honest if you download GMP2, you can convert images (even made in MS Paint) to downloadable format - most of mine are knocked up in MS Paint, just a simple text box can enhance a CAW.

Most people on here will help you out, but make sure you give credit if you use it.

As for inspiration, I've drawn on many different things, and moulded and shaped them - one of my caws is basically a version of me, mixed with AJ Styles and Shawn Michaels. Another owes his look to Billy the puppet from Saw.

I've only recently started taking CAW creations seriously. I'm still learning the ropes myself, but there are videos on Youtube that give good tips and tutorials on how to make more polished appearances. I recommend looking up "CAW University" tutorials on FineTunedGaming. It's from this dude who does a CAW promotion for the PS4 and he does very good work. He uses software like photoshop. I have that too and it delivers good results when you take the time to learn how to use it. If you don't have photoshop, that's okay. There are alternatives to it.

I hope this helps. If you don't agree with FineTunedGaming's tutorials there are others.

Sometimes it's just a matter of going into a photo editing program, and toying with shapes and color schemes. Archetypes are your friend as well; sticking close to a theme, can help formulate ideas, while designing ring gear. For inspiration, I keep a personal reference folder of wrestlers tropes (lotta fighting game chars, real wrestlers, marvel/dc costume files/etc.) that help out alot.

Happy to help. The single most important thing though (which I forgot to say) is don't ever forget it's supposed to be FUN. Don't be afraid to try things (although it might be worth copying a caw if you're almost finished, so you don't have to do it all over again) I'm always amazed at how what can seem like a fairly set idea of what I have in mind, can evolve and evolve and end up taking on a life of it's own. Mostly this comes from an item I'll see in the game that I like (for example the Optimus Prime helmet) and I'll take it as a base (say as entrance attire) and then work backwards.

Okay he comes to the ring wearing the helmet. Why?

What would look really cool with it as entrance gear?

Now I've sorted the entrance, what's his in ring gear going to be like?

What's he physically like?

Now I've got his look, what about his name, identity etc?

Okay now I've got this really cool looking guy, how's he going to fight?

Now I've got all of that - his ring entrance has really got to match how cool his gear is, and the lights will need to be dim to show off the lights on the attire.

Or I'm watching a movie or something and I'll think "ohh that looks cool, I could use that in a character" Like the spirals in Saw, and the white face of the puppet. Then in the game I might try set entrances and think "Shango's entrance works really well", but instead of a top hat, let's give him a hood and a cloak.

This guy projects fear, and darkness - what have we got in the in game call names - Nightmare. No better than that, I'll make his real name Damien Knight, so he can be "The Knightmare". Hmm, kinda has an 1999 Undertaker vibe about him, lets tailor his strengths to that, but make him a bit faster. That poison mist and blood spit move is cool - I'll have that.

And on and on it goes. As I say, just cut loose and have fun with it.

Archived