WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

I don't even know where to begin with that post... like, urm...

Their gimmick has nothing to do with them being European. Just their image is somewhat Celtic/Germanic. Their gimmick (even you even want to call it that) was that they started as enemies, into reluctant friends and then best friends. They don't have a gimmick, not really. Also the pun that you think is in their name is all in your head. They are called The Bar because they set the level that other teams should perform at. Hence their catchphrase.

You are genuinely something else Muur.

Tbf...They did start being friends in a bar :P

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse if posted

Raw to be EVEN LONGER starting this fall

Okay, not longer exactly. But thanks to NBCUniversals new advertising strategy, there will be more of it and SmackDown.

If youre in the ad game, the below marketing-speak probably contains some worthwhile information. Even though I used to be in said game, that was a bunch of years and worlds of technology and data away from where things are now. So mostly all I took from this was decrease advertising time by 10 percent across its networks during its original primetime programming - which I think means the three-plus hours of WWE I watch every Monday will now contain even more sports entertainment (or attempts at the entertainment part).

Looking at this as a positive, maybe theyll use the extra few minutes on Tuesdays to push Rusev?

A man can dream, cant he?

Heres the press release, which also mentions using artificial intelligence to deliver contextual relevant ads. Not sure how that will work on pro wrestling programming - maybe commercials for therapists to help you cope when your the co-worker assigned to work on a project with you stabs you in the back, or headhunters for when the boss refuses to give you a shot despite the fact youre really popular with customers?

Anyway...

NBCUNIVERSAL REIMAGINES THE COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE

Press Release - February 28, 2018

Cuts Advertising Clutter by 20% and Time by 10% In Prime Originals Across Portfolio

Increases Commercial Innovation Using Artificial Intelligence To Introduce New Contextually Relevant, 60 Second PRIME POD And New Advertising Formats for Stronger Brand Connection

FEBRUARY 28, 2018, NEW YORK NBCUniversal today announced its plan to decrease the number of advertisements in commercial pods by 20 percent and decrease advertising time by 10 percent across its networks during its original primetime programming. The company will also launch a new 60 second contextually-programmed PRIME POD in the first or last break of a show dedicated to up to two advertisers for stronger impact with viewers.

In making the announcement, Linda Yaccarino, Chairman, Advertising and Client Partnerships, NBCUniversal said: Sometimes, a little bit less means a whole lot more. The industry knows that television is already the most effective advertising medium there is, but we need to make the experience better for viewers. We promised some big swings last fall to move our industry forward and this is the first one. Now, NBCUniversal is advancing the TV experience as consumer behavior has evolved: lower ad loads, more innovation and more targeting. Were reimagining the advertising experience for consumers, marketers, and the entire industry.

Over the past five years, the video viewing environment has become more cluttered with more than 400,000 advertisements added[1]. Consumer behavior has shifted and as viewers have migrated to other platforms, advertising effectiveness has waned.

STARTING THIS FALL

NBCUniversals audiences will see fewer, better ads that are more relevant than ever before. Less clutter and less ad time means theres space for more. More premium content, more opportunity, and more commercial innovation.

Fewer Ads:

· NBCUniversal will reduce the number of ads across its networks by 20%, and total ad time by 10% in Prime Originals across the entire portfolio.

· The company is making reductions in more than 50 Primetime original shows across its entire portfolio.

Better Ads:

· Research shows that innovative advertising products increase consumer engagement by more than 20%

NBCUniversal will also unveil a suite of innovative new ad products including Interactive Picture in Picture and Social Commercials and Social First Pods.

· Contextually targeted ads fuel greater consumer conversion and NBCUniversal will use a new artificial intelligence (AI)-based contextual content targeting product that combs through scripts and data sources to make every ad that much more contextually relevant to its audience.

More Relevant Ads:

· NBCUniversal will use its unparalleled technology, tools, talent and creative capabilities to help clients advertisements resonate the most and deliver them in new ways.

· NBCUniversal has created a new 60 second PRIME POD of National ad time in the first or last break of a show.

· This transformative new pod, which will be dedicated to up to two advertisers, combines the power of fewer, better, and more contextually relevant ads, and gives clients a unique opportunity to connect with audiences in the most effective, exciting, and efficient way.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/2/28/17065624/raw-even-longer-starting-this-fall-nbcuniversal-prime-pod-advertising-initiative

Luke Harper has decently placed billing for a movie coming out tomorrow thats getting pretty damn good reviews. The movie is called Mohawk.

It seems like he really has a movie career waiting for him because I remember he was pretty good in that USA show he was cast in.

Oh well. Not to take away from his impact or accomplishments (he was one of the best big men in WWE history), but its past due for him to hang up being an active competitor, as well as others.

When speaking about former Impact Wrestling World Champion Eli Drake possibly returning to WWE after his contract with Impact expires, Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter said that he hasn't heard anything about WWE being interested in Drake:

I dont know. I havent heard. He was there before and hes a good talker. I dont know where he fits in though. They have so many guys. I think Ethan Carter III had exposure for years there, when they were actually getting viewers when he first got there I think that when he first arrived there was interest in him and hes a really good talker. Drake is a good talker but he hasnt been viewed by as many people and for the most part NXT is more about being able to have good matches. So, I dont know that.. If I am running NXT, I dont know about Eli Drake. I dont know that he fits in. I really love his promos, so there is something there. Again, I dont know what they think on it. I havent heard his name mentioned at all. They are stockpiling on a lot of guys. If it was me, it wouldnt be a high priority compared to other guys.

As fans may be aware, Eli Drake had previously worked in WWE developmental under the name of Slate Randall. He was released from his WWE developmental contract in August of 2014.

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/50924/Dave-Meltzer-on-Eli-Drake-Possibly-Returning-to-WWE/

I remember always hearing about how good he was on the mic in developmental and Dusty Rhodes praising him huge, so I remember being surprised when he got let go. Fast forward to the Facts of Life and he's the best thing on Impact. I do like his main event matches whether it be against Johnny Impact or Alberto El Patron. But yeah, I can see them watching the average Eli Drake match on Impact that doesn't mean anything and not being too impressed. Shame, cause he really is one of the best talkers going today.

Eli isn't THAT good with promos, he just copies The Rock. I suppose it's a skill in itself.

Nah. Eli Drake just sounds like the Rock. Not his fault, really. He doesn't really copy him.

Now this guy copies the Rock:

Archived