When will be the day?

bigboi2-2

This probably will never happen, but Im just like I wish 2K would someday allow us to edit existing superstars more than attire, meaning add/edit/remove hair, facial hair, tattoos, etc. that would make life so much easier. Also, I wish we could still put custom music in the game like we used to be able to day back on the 360.

Just me thinking lol

They would have to rework how they create models for that to work and who knows what kinda money or resources would be needed to make that happen. Pretty sure if they could they would. As far as custom music, I miss it dearly as well and Im still not all the way sure why we dont have it. I know it has something to do with both Microsoft and Sony but I dont really know the specifics.

They would have to rework how they create models for that to work and who knows what kinda money or resources would be needed to make that happen. Pretty sure if they could they would. As far as custom music, I miss it dearly as well and Im still not all the way sure why we dont have it. I know it has something to do with both Microsoft and Sony but I dont really know the specifics.

The reason why we dont have custom music is because Sony & Microsoft refuse to let us save MP3s to our hard drive like they did during the PS360 era. If they gave us that then there is no reason for custom music not to return.

I miss it so much! Like its really been a huge deal to me since it went away. I remember playing SVR2011 on my 360 and having everyones real music that I made or downloaded from CC. It makes the CAWS seem that much more real to me. The titontrons arent a big deal to me, but the music is/was. I remember I had so many created guys that I downloaded and I burned like 20 CDs to my hard drive and added their real songs as their entrance themes. I even had Batman at one point with the Batman theme lol

I wish they would bring it back so bad! And if they made the game where wed be able to edit superstars appearances other than their attires, I would be stuck playing this game forever lol. One can only wish I guess

Why dont they give us that then?

I wish!! If we could be able to add custom music like we used to, that would just increase my desire to play the game way higher lol. And to be able to edit superstars would be awesome as well. For example, like deleting some of Batistas tattoos and adding longer hair to make him look like 2005 version. Or to be able to add face paint to Jeff hardy. Just a few examples of what I am wishing for lol

I think it would be possible if 2k could set the in game wrestlers up as if they're Caws like WWF No Mercy did on the N64.

Have all the in game models (wrestlers, commentators, interviewers, etc) faces available to select in the Caw modes pre-made Face Template menu along with the tatoos and call names it should work fine I'd think.

WWE_2_K18_20180224140430.jpg

WWE_2_K18_20180224140528.jpg

From my assumption, I don't think we'll be able to edit hair & facial hair on in-game superstars for a while... until then EAS is probably going to remain untouched for years to come, that is no new features added to it. I'd definitely like to see it finally added in 2K19, but chances are 9 times out of 10 that we won't see it next year either.

There's a real simple reason we won't be allowed 'Custom Music' and the ability to edit the in-game wrestlers:

Money.

With the custom music, you've essentially encouraged users to rip/download music illegally. The only way you'll see it re-implemented is through a steaming service such as Spotify, and even then, you won't have access to WCW themes etc.

And i'd almost say they'd be foolish to allow users to edit the in-game wrestlers, as their main selling point each and every year is the updated rosters.

Sure, in an ideal world, they would add a ton of new match stipulations and exciting customisation features to make you want to purchase the new game, but instead we'll have Universe 7.0, My Career 4.0, and the updated roster.

I think that's just the realities of the situation, sadly.

The reason why we dont have custom music is because Sony & Microsoft refuse to let us save MP3s to our hard drive like they did during the PS360 era. If they gave us that then there is no reason for custom music not to return.

I thought we could with the media player program but then again I've never really tried it out.

I would love to be able to edit wrestlers the way you could back in the N64 days. But I can live with out that.

But custom music was a HUGE part of these games to me. Not having it really does take away a lot from the game. And MLB the Show allows custom music, so at least the PS4 version should be able to do it. Unfortunately, as long as people still buy the games, 2K won't change much beyond the basic roster update each year.

There's a real simple reason we won't be allowed 'Custom Music' and the ability to edit the in-game wrestlers:

Money.

With the custom music, you've essentially encouraged users to rip/download music illegally. The only way you'll see it re-implemented is through a steaming service such as Spotify, and even then, you won't have access to WCW themes etc.

And i'd almost say they'd be foolish to allow users to edit the in-game wrestlers, as their main selling point each and every year is the updated rosters.

Sure, in an ideal world, they would add a ton of new match stipulations and exciting customisation features to make you want to purchase the new game, but instead we'll have Universe 7.0, My Career 4.0, and the updated roster.

Well the games already allow us to change in game attires so I don't it's out of the question that they could eventually let us change hair styles and facial hair, add tats, etc too at some point.

Money.

Well the games already allow us to change in game attires so I don't it's out of the question that they could eventually let us change hair styles and facial hair, add tats, etc too at some point.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, for sure.

But you have to admit, it'd reduce the chances of you buying the following year's offering if you could simply download updated versions of everyone in the game. It'd essentially mean 2K would have to work much harder to implement new features (which work properly!) on a yearly basis.

People would just do the same thing all over again on the next game just like how they download/create the same wrestlers that aren't in the game.

Like if that feature was in 2k18 right now I'd still be looking forward to 19 because of all the new roster addition possibilities and new match types.

People would just do the same thing all over again on the next game just like how they download/create the same wrestlers that aren't in the game.

Like if that feature was in 2k18 right now I'd still be looking forward to 19 because of all the new roster addition possibilities and new match types.

Therein lies the problem. It would require some pretty cool new match types to warrant people buying the game, I reckon.

Plus, to your first point, if anyone else out there is like me, i'm real fed up of creating the same guys and arenas year in, year out. Been doing it for so many years, and nothing really changes dramatically.

Therein lies the problem. It would require some pretty cool new match types to warrant people buying the game, I reckon.

Plus, to your first point, if anyone else out there is like me, i'm real fed up of creating the same guys and arenas year in, year out. Been doing it for so many years, and nothing really changes dramatically.

Well I think the Womens Royal Rumble, Mixed Match Challenge and WarGames is a good possibility for it and who knows what else? Maybe Triple Cage match to go along with Jeff Jarrett's Hall of Fame addition to name one more. We shall see. :)

Also yes I understand your point on the Caws but I always end up doing it anyway ha.

Custom Music is possible since we can Play custom Music through a usb stick for over a year now.

All they need is to make the game compatible to that and custom Music would be possible again.

Well I think the Womens Royal Rumble, Mixed Match Challenge and WarGames is a good possibility for it and who knows what else? Maybe Triple Cage match to go along with Jeff Jarrett's Hall of Fame addition to name one more. We shall see. :)

Also yes I understand your point on the Caws but I always end up doing it anyway ha.

Women's RR is a no-brainer and dead simple, 'Mixed Match Challenge' is essentially an old mode bought back, so again dead simple to program. WarGames would be a genuinely new match type which would be outstanding, but given the frame rate issues seen in 2K18, i'm not holding my breath, sadly.

As yes, Triple Cage would be immense.

I'd just love to see them spend a lot of their time adding tons of new match stips from over the years. Would really freshen up the game. Plus, make it so much easier to put people through a bloody table with any move we want!

Agreed. I have yet to put anyone through a table in 2k18.

I suggested on the feedback form that they should have a 'Gravitate to Weapon' button you could hold during any move, and it'll steer you towards the nearest weapon.

Fairly simple, but would be awesome.

Archived