Opinions...

Lapo.

Folks, a bit late to the band wagon here as I opted not to purchase this game when it was released. Ive went off the WWE since Mania last year but getting the bug back (Elias can take the credit for that!!)

Ive noticed the Wrestlemania edition is being released shortly! Is the game worth spending £40 on for the DLC included or so I just play 17 a few days before Mania?

Thanks for your responses in advance

That depends entirely on how tolerant you are of bugs and some stupid AI moments. The game is far less buggy than it was when it launched but it still has its problems, and there are some odd design decisions here and there; plus the AI can be really, really, really frustratingly stupid on occasion. If you can get past that, however, the gameplay is the best its been, and despite the fit-throwing people had over the lesser amount of DLC in comparison to previous years, the DLC in general is regarded as really damn good this year.

In my opinion it is worth it, yes, but your opinion and others opinions may differ.

The roster is proper stacked which is great! And I like the idea of 8 men in ring

Admittedly 8 men in-ring is laggy. Not unplayable, its not TOO bad on PS4. I am told that Xbox One got it worse though.

The roster is proper stacked which is great! And I like the idea of 8 men in ring

Admittedly 8 men in-ring is laggy. Not unplayable, its not TOO bad on PS4. I am told that Xbox One got it worse though.

Yup, I steer away from 8 man matches entirely on the XB1. Real shame.

I feel a bit shafted, tbh. They clearly designed the game with the PS Pro (is that what it's called?) and XB1 X in mind.

No lag at all on the pro.

Unfortunately I neither own a 4K TV nor do I have 400 dollars to spend on an upgraded version of a console I already own.

Unfortunately I neither own a 4K TV nor do I have 400 dollars to spend on an upgraded version of a console I already own.

True. True. They shoulda given the original consoles more love.

True. True. They shoulda given the original consoles more love.

I'd be willing to bet its more an issue of optimization than anything else. They simply don't got enough time to do that as much as they should because of that stupid once a year contract.

My OG Xbox One gets laggy with 3 lol

Folks, a bit late to the band wagon here as I opted not to purchase this game when it was released. Ive went off the WWE since Mania last year but getting the bug back (Elias can take the credit for that!!)

Ive noticed the Wrestlemania edition is being released shortly! Is the game worth spending £40 on for the DLC included or so I just play 17 a few days before Mania?

Thanks for your responses in advance

I'd say wait for '19. If not, then get '18 because of its stacked roster. Not a fan of the game in general, but the Universe Mode isn't so bad.

Archived