Nick Gage

SproilerBlotch

I just want to know who likes Nick Gage? If you do like him that fine..but why? I personalty can't stand the guy. And I don't mean his ring work...mostly, but just him in general. The dude looks and acts like a complete scumbag. Not to mention going to prison for armed bank robbery. But whenever I hear people talk about hardcore wrestling its all "NICK F'N GAGE". I just don;t understand why so many people like this guy.

Not a fan of ultra violence in wrestling in general. I was...when I was about 15. But I outgrew it. If it isn't Nick Gage, then it's Nick Mondo...or New Jack. Every generation has "that guy". It's too much of a cliché at this point. Combat wrestling is cliché in general.

To each their own, but yeah...my answer is no. I'm 29 years old and I don't have health insurance. I can't watch people break light tubes or fight with weed-whackers anymore. :lol:

I don't care what people are like in their private life. I do not know Nick Gage, I do not care for him personally so I can separate what I watch on screen than who the real person is. Every has a bad side, and his doesn't effect me directly so it doesn't bother me. Saying that, I do not condone his illegal actions in anyway, but again, I can separate that from the 15 minute segments of him I watch online every so often.

Most of the people you meet in life have done unethical things.

Not a fan of ultra violence in wrestling in general. I was...when I was about 15. But I outgrew it. If it isn't Nick Gage, then it's Nick Mondo...or New Jack. Every generation has "that guy". It's too much of a cliché at this point. Combat wrestling is cliché in general.

To each their own, but yeah...my answer is no. I'm 29 years old and I don't have health insurance. I can't watch people break light tubes or fight with weed-whackers anymore. :lol:

What does that even mean?

Combat wrestling is cliché in general.

Pretty straight forward...

The type of wrestling that uses excessive blood and weapons is cliché. What else is there to be meant? It's stereotypical, unoriginal, done to death, all the same, etc. You watch one match where someone breaks a dozen light tubes and gets shredded by barbed wire, you've seen them all. The gimmicks are the same (thugs, "gangsters", rednecks)...and the matches are cliché.

No offense to anyone who enjoys it...but it really is all the same. It's all for shock value and little else.

The type of wrestling that uses excessive blood and weapons is cliché. What else is there to be meant? It's stereotypical, unoriginal, done to death, all the same, etc. You watch one match where someone breaks a dozen light tubes and gets shredded by barbed wire, you've seen them all. The gimmicks are the same (thugs, "gangsters", rednecks)...and the matches are cliché.

No offense to anyone who enjoys it...but it really is all the same. It's all for shock value and little else.

It depends what you watch IMO. There are a lot of deathmatch wrestlers, and promotions who are exactly what you described. It has evolved though. A lot of the guys these days have redeeming non-deathmatch skills.

--

On topic though, I think I like Nick Gage for the same reason I like GG Allin. He's a legitimately scary person. There are so many guys in the wrestling business who try to come off as tough guys, but Gage is the real deal. The way he talks, the way he walks, and just the look in his eyes. When "For Whom The Bell Tolls" hits, you know what you're about to see. I love it, but I can see why someone can dislike it.

It depends what you watch IMO. There are a lot of deathmatch wrestlers, and promotions who are exactly what you described. It has evolved though. A lot of the guys these days have redeeming non-deathmatch skills.

--

On topic though, I think I like Nick Gage for the same reason I like GG Allin. He's a legitimately scary person. There are so many guys in the wrestling business who try to come off as tough guys, but Gage is the real deal. The way he talks, the way he walks, and just the look in his eyes. When "For Whom The Bell Tolls" hits, you know what you're about to see. I love it, but I can see why someone can dislike it.

GG Allin sounded like a genuinely frightening person to be around. I'd have loved to have attended a show of his.

Archived