Retaining save data while going to an earlier version of the game?

ECWDanSelby

Hi guys,

I had no intention of updating my game to the most recent version (1.07?), but unfortunately my game updated in the background without asking me. I was a big fan of the steps glitch which they inexplicably 'fixed' (quite why they didn't just modify the steps physics to allow us to use them as they were in the glitch is beyond me, as they were a marked improvement).

So anyway - I wondered if I go could back to the start (version 1.0), while still retaining my save data?

I assume it's impossible.

BUT...

Failing that, could I start a separate save game as version 1.0, while retaining my current 1.07 save game, too?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I had no intention of updating my game to the most recent version (1.07?), but unfortunately my game updated in the background without asking me. I was a big fan of the steps glitch which they inexplicably 'fixed' (quite why they didn't just modify the steps physics to allow us to use them as they were in the glitch is beyond me, as they were a marked improvement).

So anyway - I wondered if I go could back to the start (version 1.0), while still retaining my save data?

I assume it's impossible.

BUT...

Failing that, could I start a separate save game as version 1.0, while retaining my current 1.07 save game, too?

Thanks in advance!

I dont believe thats possible. Tried it with 2k17 and couldnt do it.

You could probably upload your 1.07 to your cloud save and turn off cloud auto update for the game. Or maybe upload the save to some removable storage device. Then delete the game save and game file from your system. Then don't update on reinstall.

But I don't think it will be easy to jump back and forth between versions.

Thanks, guys.

It's a really tricky one to risk without definite knowledge on the matter. I just wondered if anyone had tried anything not too dissimilar?

I don't mind having a 1.0 version with no CAW's/DLC etc, and a 1.07 (my current save with all of my CAWs etc).

Archived