Game Changer Wrestling

Lil' Kazu

I was surprised to see Raver back so soon. A month seems like a quick turnaround from what was said to be a bad concussion. Especially when he's doing shit like he did for the finish.

I guess I was expecting to see him ease back into the crazy stuff but it seems like he went the opposite route and got crazy af to make up for lost time

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Him and Lloyd and both insane, Lloyd took a chunk out of his skin and just duct tapped it up and then took another chunk out of his skin.

This show was just great, i watched it again. The wrestling isn't the best for the entire show but god it was fun. Deppen is probably one of the most underrated dudes out there right now and Zayne is a star after that match. Gage on commentary is fantastic aswell as Janela shitting on people when the cops came.

Im pumped for the show on the 26th, im gonna get to see Mercer and Seikmoto beat the ever living death out of each other and they just booked Zayne plus Gage/Cassidy and im gonna witness the death of Marko Stunt cause hes going against the Dirty Daddy.

Jimmy had shit luck for sure. What are the chances he gets two big cuts in the same match? Plus he's had two scares with scissors this year.

This Summer is gonna be the weirdest era in wrestling ever. Janela and Marko are going to be on national TV in the Fall and they were doing crazy shit in the backyard. I'd assume Janela is going to have a lot of his remaining dream matches in the next few months. Really curious what's happening with Spring Break (which was already announced) if he's exclusive to AEW

That would make sense. If there's ever a reason to make an exception, it's here. I'd imagine this will be the final Spring Break under Joeys name though. My body is ready for Jimmy Lloyd's Spring Break in 2021.

Question, and I may have asked this before and forgotten, but how do y'all feel about Kevin Gills commentary? For me he really brings the shows down tbh. He tries to come across as hip and knowledgeable but it feels really forced and phony. He's got that "your friends dad" vibe to him. He's been doing GCW a lot lately and his Twitter says he lives in Cali. Really hope GCW isn't flying him in to do commentary. The west coast scene had so many backyard legends (what a term to type. 2019 is wild) that would've been super cool to see on the Backyard show and Gill wouldn't have been missed on commentary.

Edit: On Sekimoto - Just saw he's wrestling KTB at AIW in Ohio while he's over here. That's gonna be f'n amazing. I feel like this will be the trip that finally gets Sekimoto the attention he's deserved for the last decade. Give him 6 months after this tour and he'll be getting a lot more attention in the US. Not sure if he's signed anywhere in Japan that would prevent New Japan/AEW/ROH/etc stuff though

Sekimoto said he is Big Japan first and foremost but open to working other promotions as long as it doesn't conflict with Big Japan, hes facing Dickinson at Beyonds show that Sunday i'm bummed i can't make it to that its going to be so dope.

Im not a fan of Gill, his jokes don't land and he keeps doing them nonstop throughtout the show. There are a ton of people who can do a better job.

Also currently drinking White Claws in honor of Janela at the Backyard show.

Dickinson/Sekimoto sounds amazing. Saw Dickinson on Twitter or IG say he was hurt though. Hopefully that doesn't affect the match. But yeah definitely wanna see more of Sekimoto in more places.

Speaking of Big Japan - G-Raver, Jimmy Lloyd, Alex Colon, Shlak and Markus Crane were all announced for some BJW shows. Man, GCW has done amazing things in just a few short years. I thought the US/Japan bridge was burned after DJ (seemingly) flubbed it again in 2012 but they managed to build it back up, possibly stronger than ever

Honestly I feel like if he wasn't locked up, he'd be retired now. The 5 years did him wonders as odd as it sounds. He got into great shape and was able to rest his body. Look at some of the listings of the '09-'10 deathmatch shows he was in and count how many people are no longer wrestling.

I really liked the venue they ran 5150 in. Reminded me of a hybrid of the ECW arena and the old Howell building. Actually spent most of the show wondering if they could run an NGI or a TOS there. Guess I got my answer in the main event.

Main event opinion/thought

Tough break for Louie. Realistically he wasn't going to win but that show obviously meant a lot to him. Shame he only got to work for like 2 minutes but from what I've read it was a serious cut

Ruckus is fat again and worked the GCW Backyard show against Janela.

You know the most wild thing about Mox at Bloodsport, he was at the one this past mania weekend watching the whole even with Regal on the balcony.

He's fat again? Dang it. Oh well, good to hear he's still in the business. Mox being part of Bloodsport is pretty surreal. I'm sure he watched it and thought "Man, I would love to be part of this stuff." Now, him and Barnett are facing off. I'm looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...

2 Cups Stuffed isn't even over and im ready to fully declare GCW the best promotion in North America.

I completely agree. It has everything a wrestling fan could love: Great events, great action, and violence.

By the way, there's this YouTuber named "Xav Tru" that has the Best of GCW, and the Best of CZW and IWA: Mid South. I highly recommend his channel.

I reallllllly hope G-Raver is ok, dude sprinted out of the ring and apparently was rushed by Janela to a hospital for a really bad cut on that spot with lloyd. There was a *Censored* ton of blood really *censored*ing fast.

But good god that DLC match was just crazy.

Seriously that was the *censored*ing craziest match ive seen all year.

I reallllllly hope G-Raver is ok, dude sprinted out of the ring and apparently was rushed by Janela to a hospital for a really bad cut on that spot with lloyd. There was a *Censored* ton of blood really *censored*ing fast.

But good god that DLC match was just crazy.

Seriously that was the *censored*ing craziest match ive seen all year.

People compared it to the Nick Gage cut years ago. He tweeted that he was okay but had some blackout moments and had some nerve damage in his hand. Dude cant catch a break. 4 close calls in 3 months

Man, G-Raver must be really lucky because he's really cutting it close.

Terrified his luck is going to run out tbh. He's pretty sloppy at times and rarely has a match without a close call it seems. tbh I was a bit worried when he returned to wrestling only like a month after getting what was supposedly a bad concussion and did that high fall

Archived