Official Elimination Chamber Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny...because, I'm really not even a "Roman sucks" guy. I don't mind the guy on most days. But it's frustrating to see that WWE keeps going so hard with him. He could be a perfectly tolerable performer (enjoyable even)...if they didn't always do such "balls deep" pushes for him. He's a lot like Batista, IMO. He has that potential to be likable when he's doing his own thing, but WWE micro-manages him into the dirt. He's been a bit better now that he has a mean-streak...but there's still too much emphasis on him being "the guy".

As for Rousey...she is incredibly socially awkward and not a strong speaker at all. That will be her biggest challenge in the WWE for sure. Table spot was good though. I wish it hadn't been spoiled for me by the time I got around to watching it...because I'm sure I would have popped for it. Hilarious anyway, but could have been much better if I didn't know it was coming.

It's funny...because, I'm really not even a "Roman sucks" guy. I don't mind the guy on most days. But it's frustrating to see that WWE keeps going so hard with him. He could be a perfectly tolerable performer (enjoyable even)...if they didn't always do such "balls deep" pushes for him. He's a lot like Batista, IMO. He has that potential to be likable when he's doing his own thing, but WWE micro-manages him into the dirt. He's been a bit better now that he has a mean-streak...but there's still too much emphasis on him being "the guy".

As for Rousey...she is incredibly socially awkward and not a strong speaker at all. That will be her biggest challenge in the WWE for sure. Table spot was good though. I wish it hadn't been spoiled for me by the time I got around to watching it...because I'm sure I would have popped for it. Hilarious anyway, but could have been much better if I didn't know it was coming.

Completely agree about Roman. I like him, I do, but the way the WWE is going about it is making fans upset. Especially when Braun has been built how he has. If theyd let Roman turn heel, or just flat out kick ass, I think hed be more tolerable. He would be for me, at least.

Rousey's debut was cool. It started off awkward as hell to me to me, though. And of course, Kurt botching his lines on the mic, lol.

Agreed. But I didn't hear how he botched his lines.

I think there was one botch, where Kurt recalled Ronda *censored*ing up Stephanie at "WrestleMania 21", lol. For the most part, it was really just Kurt sounding awkward for some reason and fumbling is words from what I remember. He's been doing that a lot lately and I don't know why.

Rousey's debut was cool. It started off awkward as hell to me to me, though. And of course, Kurt botching his lines on the mic, lol.

One thing I caught, was he mentioned Ronda/Rock & Triple H/Stephanie segment from WM 21, which he then corrected to WM 31. :lol:

Didn't need to let her slap her. Or I'm supposed to believe an elite mixed martial artist couldn't block that slap?

You definitely have a strange perspective of the situation.

If you go back and watch it, Ronda is staring right at Steph when she swings. She obviously could have blocked it, but wanted Steph to see that she could take a full swing from her and react like it was nothing. Again...it's about intimidation. Surely you've seen people say "go ahead, hit me" before...

It was a free shot that was 100% intended to let Steph know that she wasn't shit.

Her reaction after the slap defo wasn't 'I let you hit me' but I know you have your weird narratives so I'll let this die here.

Yes...my "weird narratives".

The badass MMA icon who could have destroyed Steph in 2.7 seconds was definitely caught off guard by her slap, and then let her go even though it made no sense...(and my narrative is the one that is stretching). I never said that she baited Steph into slapping her, or even asked for a slap...but she didn't block it because she clearly didn't give a shit. Steph spun her around. She knew it was coming. It was a conscious decision.

I think there was one botch, where Kurt recalled Ronda *censored*ing up Stephanie at "WrestleMania 21", lol. For the most part, it was really just Kurt sounding awkward for some reason and fumbling is words from what I remember. He's been doing that a lot lately and I don't know why.

One thing I caught, was he mentioned Ronda/Rock & Triple H/Stephanie segment from WM 21, which he then corrected to WM 31. :lol:

Ah. I didn't hear that well. Hopefully nothing is going on with him, fumbling words and all. Other than that, I wonder if this segment is hinting at Kurt and Ronda vs. Trips and Steph.

Ah. I didn't hear that well. Hopefully nothing is going on with him, fumbling words and all. Other than that, I wonder if this segment is hinting at Kurt and Ronda vs. Trips and Steph.

noooo ya dont say

Her reaction after the slap defo wasn't 'I let you hit me' but I know you have your weird narratives so I'll let this die here.

Yes...my "weird narratives".

The badass MMA icon who could have destroyed Steph in 2.7 seconds was definitely caught off guard by her slap, and then let her go even though it made no sense...(and my narrative is the one that is stretching). I never said that she baited Steph into slapping her, or even asked for a slap...but she didn't block it because she clearly didn't give a shit. Steph spun her around. She knew it was coming. It was a conscious decision.

Please continue building up your dream story but now take into account what she said and did on raw.

Please continue building up your dream story but now take into account what she said and did on raw.

Why's that? Because she told Steph to apologize for the slap?

What world do you live in where that means that she was caught off guard or something? That changes absolutely nothing. She let the slap happen at EC, she let Steph walk away at EC...then she told Steph that she better apologize for what she did. It's all intimidation tactics. Do you know nothing of intimidation, or are you just being that obnoxious? She embarrassed the shit out of Steph by making her apologize. She got to toss her husband through a table and then made Steph grovel at her feet...

Ronda will do better when she's clear of Stephanie. Any Stephanie storyline is awkward to begin with.

Of course Steph had to be involved with the debut of Ronda...that shouldn't surprise anyone. But she'll be better off when she can wash her hands of it all. Not sure what would be next for her...but anything is better than a cornball Stephanie feud.

Why's that? Because she told Steph to apologize for the slap?

What world do you live in where that means that she was caught off guard or something? That changes absolutely nothing. She let the slap happen at EC, she let Steph walk away at EC...then she told Steph that she better apologize for what she did. It's all intimidation tactics. Do you know nothing of intimidation, or are you just being that obnoxious? She embarrassed the shit out of Steph by making her apologize. She got to toss her husband through a table and then made Steph grovel at her feet...

Ignoring that she went straight after Steph looking pissed off as hell, said that she'd never been slapped before and clearly wasn't happy about it.

But sure, it's all intimidation fam, don't be obnoxious, she Steph slap her because she wanted to know what it feels like. Your theory makes all the sense in teh world and it's exactly what they had in mind.

That's my new argument for everything. I'm wrong about something and I just say 'oh yeah, it doesn't make sense because it's just intimidation, bruh.'.

Yes...it was all intimidation.

Nobody on this planet has "never been slapped before"...you get slapped every day of your life when you're a child. Are you really not understanding the point of what Ronda was saying to Steph? She wanted to make Steph scared of the repercussions that she'd confront if she didn't apologize. That was some obvious shit. It's like saying "nobody makes me bleed my own blood"...it's a nonsensical statement that is meant to intimidate. The entire thing was done to make Steph look like chicken shit, and paint Ronda as an intimidating force who can stand up to Steph without flinching. Stephanie's character has always been the one who used intimidation tactics on other women...and now she's facing someone who is impervious to them. She's been embarrassed and dragged into the light for what she is.

Stop acting like this is some elaborate story that I've come up with in my head...it's literally the *censored*ing angle that WWE is booking. It's obvious to everyone except your obnoxious ass.

What does that have to do with Ronda letting Steph slap her? Lmao she could've stopped her from slapping her and having done exactly the same thing.

That's that thing you do when you add stuff that was never told on TV or made reference to and try to make it cannon. If Ronda had said I let you slap me, I gave that one for free or had even told Steph before she slapped her 'go on, bitch' that part would be true but you have this necessity to backup story incongruencies (when it's something you like) so you basically just make stuff up.

Archived