Official Elimination Chamber Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bliss vs. Asuka just sounds underwhelming, especially when the other option is Charlotte. I like Bliss too, but she's hardly a great wrestler and I think she should defend her title in a match with multiple opponents. Maybe Sasha, Bayley and Nia.

I'm thinking Sasha vs Bayley happens as a singles match.

I definitely agree that Alexa shouldn't be Asuka's opponent, not when they already had a match on RAW a month ago and Alexa didn't match up at all. That said, I'm not sure who Alexa should be facing. A one on one with Nia is the stuff of nightmares, but who else is there?

All I can really think of is if Asuka goes to SmackDown and RAW demands someone in return, that person then faces Alexa. I guess that or they just shove the entire division in a match like they did for the SD belt last year, but I would hope not.

I liked Asuka vs Nia. I thought Nia was great in the match. And I wasn't surprised to see fans cheering for her either. She's getting a lot of love from fans and I give it a thumbs up.

The whole killing Asuka after Nia lost cleanly though? Not so much.

Especially when they copied the exact same thing with Braun and Roman.

They also did the exact same thing in the women's chamber that they did in the men's chamber where in the Women's you had Bayley and Sasha working over Alexa and on the men's you had Rollins and Roman working on Braun and then Seth and Sasha showed that they are dumb af and turned on the person that was helping them.

Triple H said Kurt's flu relapsed and the nL guys completely misheard it. Then they bitched that it made no sense and criticised the segment for it. I just thought...if you stop mumbling over them talking you'd hear it. God I hate when Duel complains at every little bit.

Still, had me laughing though. :lol:

They also did the exact same thing in the women's chamber that they did in the men's chamber where in the Women's you had Bayley and Sasha working over Alexa and on the men's you had Rollins and Roman working on Braun and then Seth and Sasha showed that they are dumb af and turned on the person that was helping them.

Like I said earlier, Elimination Chamber 2018 was......a show.

I honestly didn't pick that up the first time around. I was more along the thought of "are they really gonna have Braun Strowman eliminate EVERYBODY and then have Roman Reigns win?"

Why didn't Finn pin Strowman after doing Coup De Grace? You'd think that'd be his priority, or anyone else's in the match.

It wasn't Falls Count Anywhere. I'm pretty sure Finn did it when Braun was outside the ring and there was no way they were rolling his giant ass back in lmao.

It really does suck that there aren't FCA rules tho. I swear the Chamber definitely used to be...definitely always has been in the games lol.

Ooooh. I play EC so much that I don't even know the real rules anymore... it still doesn't make sense because they could work together to roll him back in and then pin him, given he's the biggest threat. His loss was also ridiculous - took finishers after finishers, still dominated, and somehow lost to a spear? And after that he gets back up like nothing happened.

Why didn't Finn pin Strowman after doing Coup De Grace? You'd think that'd be his priority, or anyone else's in the match.

It wasn't Falls Count Anywhere. I'm pretty sure Finn did it when Braun was outside the ring and there was no way they were rolling his giant ass back in lmao.

It really does suck that there aren't FCA rules tho. I swear the Chamber definitely used to be...definitely always has been in the games lol.

Ooooh. I play EC so much that I don't even know the real rules anymore... it still doesn't make sense because they could work together to roll him back in and then pin him, given he's the biggest threat. His loss was also ridiculous - took finishers after finishers, still dominated, and somehow lost to a spear? And after that he gets back up like nothing happened.

You never seen wrestling before?

I watched the show late last night, and only paid half attention to it...I'd say that it seemed decent, but entirely forgettable...and I could have probably skipped it altogether. Bliss' title defense was probably the most noteworthy thing to happen. She had me going with her crying routine and cornball "you can do anything" speech. She is a truly magnificent heel.

You know, I'm not so sure if Braun Strowman even is gonna go after the IC title at all considering what happened at EC. Besides, think about it, the Miz vs Braun Strowman for the IC title, Braun would win it hands-down, it's an obvious predictable win.

In my opinion, it should be Finn Balor vs Miz for the IC title, that could be a good match.

I'm thinking they might add Braun to the main event, making it a triple threat match. I mean, remember the last time Brock and Roman fought each other at WM? Seth cashed in, and became world champ, and everyone was happy that Seth won it and not Roman. I think they're probably gonna do the same with Braun as a precaution.

After all, everyone still have a strong disdain for Roman Reigns...

The only way I'll be satisfied with Roman winning the title, is when they turn him heel afterward, as he starts a feud with Seth Rollins.

Lmfao, at this point I highly doubt they're gonna go with a "precaution" scenario for the Universal title match. Roman beat the *censored*ing UNDERTAKER at last year's show. At this point, they should know what type of reaction to expect from a Reigns win - and they accept it.

And don't say "everyone" has a strong disdain for Roman, please. Speak for yourself, lmfao.

how was the show?

*censored*ing brutal, Jesus Christ. No matches worth going out of your way to see, the Rousey segment was a trainwreck and nothing important happened. Plus it felt like it was at least 12 hours long.

"Asuka is a monster and probably the most irresistible force in wrestling ever. So let's have her beat Nia Jax, but do it via roll-up and have the fat *Censored* destroy her after the match to make it look like she got lucky, going into Wrestlemania."

Yes but did you know that Nia is THE IRRESISTABLE FORCE?

- Asuka and Nia may have had the best match of the night. It kinda looked like Nia maybe had a shoulder up on the pinfall? Regardless the post match attack was vicious. With two weeks before Fastlane Asuka has time to clap back ar Nia before (hopefully) switching to SmackDown to face Charlotte at Mania. I would have her make an appearance at Fastlane at the conclusion of the womens title match.

- All in all a solid show. The women had really good showings and the Ronda Rousey segment was very good even with some forced dialogue from Kurt Angle exposing Steph and Hunters plan for backstabbing. Several stories have been setup for Mania which I expected and expect to continue in full force starting tonight on Raw.

Can I call this sexism or?

Oh ffs, that's actually Nia's nickname. Jesus, I hate everything about her.

For whom?

Apollo. I find his character boring, but his in-ring work is entertaining. Titus is not entertaining at all.

Lmfao, at this point I highly doubt they're gonna go with a "precaution" scenario for the Universal title match. Roman beat the *censored*ing UNDERTAKER at last year's show. At this point, they should know what type of reaction to expect from a Reigns win - and they accept it.

And don't say "everyone" has a strong disdain for Roman, please. Speak for yourself, lmfao.

Not turning him heel is a shitty move.

Corey wouldn't shut the *Censored* up about it, so cringe.

Get ready for the MOTY - Jax vs Bliss.

If Alexa can make something out of that, I'll never call her overrated again, but it's essentially a basic performer vs. a below average fat *Censored* and that's a train wreck I'd love to see.

I kinda hope their match is *censored*ing awful, like one of the worst matches of all time so all the people who constantly overrate both of them can shut the *Censored* up for good. I'm sure they'd say some dumb shit like 'even Shawn Michaels had bad nights :(', though.

Archived