Is there a way to make the AI utilize pin combos more often?

DDX2k

The AI used to actually utilize their pin combos most of the time (and sometimes pins off of other moves), even at the beginning of the match. This really helped to make the match feel more realistic, as we often see pins in the beginning of the match even when there's no chance of the opponent staying down. The AI was great out of the box, but after every patch, I've noticed them using pin combos less and less, now I'm lucky to see 1 or 2 (outside of finishers) in a match. It kinda takes me out of the match to see someone use a sunset flip, release the pin, and then pin right after. Last year, I think more Respectful or disciplined superstars would pin more frequently, but that no longer seems to be the case. Does anyone know of any sliders or personality traits that might influence this?

Check your pin combo.. since Ive put them all down to 1 for example.. dont really do it.. its as if they know it wont do much if wrester youre using is 90* with good pin kickout.

Remember the game aims to beat you, not roleplay with you..

That's a good thought! I checked abilities and I still have wrestlers with Lv 3 pin combos using them very rarely =/

Check your pin combo.. since Ive put them all down to 1 for example.. dont really do it.. its as if they know it wont do much if wrester youre using is 90* with good pin kickout.

Remember the game aims to beat you, not roleplay with you..

ARGHhH annoying! This game so frustrating!

That's a good thought! I checked abilities and I still have wrestlers with Lv 3 pin combos using them very rarely =/

Yeah, while it wasn't without its quirks, 2k17's AI was much better overall. The matches had a great flow, were challenging, and the AI was more customizable than most gave it credit for thanks to the personality traits. With every patch, the gameplay in 2k18 just gets worse and worse. Since the most recent patch, it takes 5 finishers to put jobbers down for 3, which is just ridiculous and catch finishers are still broken, not to mention the AI not using pin combos and continuing to get worse overall. I actually play mostly with my original CAWs and I have a really well-built Universe in 2k17 so I think I'll just go back to it. Plus, I have Fire Pro too. Better luck with 2K19, maybe? =/

Archived