Xbox Game Pass getting huge upgrade.

Generations

Microsoft is planning to bring its own exclusive Xbox games, published through Microsoft Studios, to the company’s Xbox Game Pass subscription. Future games, including Sea of Thieves, will be available via subscription on the same day they’re available to purchase at retail stores or through the Microsoft Store. “The number one request from our customers... was to get new blockbuster games into Game Pass,” explains Microsoft’s games chief, Phil Spencer, in an interview with The Verge.

Sea of Thieves will be the first title available on launch day, March 20th, through the Xbox Games Pass, and that will “follow through with State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, and the rest of our portfolio,” says Spencer. “Not just those games, but our future Halos, our future Gears of War, future Forzas, and other games. Our plan is to launch those to our Game Pass subscribers at the same time they go to retail.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fy2W1HiB0s

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/23/16922558/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-subscription-future-games-microsoft-studios

This is seriously amazing, tbh.

I've had game pass for a while now...and I never really had any complaints about it. It's a nice thing to have, and I think there is always something on there to play. I think it gets a bad rep. But, with that said...the addition of games like Sea of Thieves and SoD2 is huge. I really wasn't expecting anything like this. Great to see some games that I was definitely going to buy, and now I don't have to. Especially when it comes to Sea of Thieves, which I wasn't really feeling a strong commitment to, but definitely wanted to try.

Seems like a bad idea for MS to me but I guess they will make more money if they have millions of subs to it. Can't be good for the companies involved like Rare though, cuz Game Pass subs wont count as the game selling etc. It's gonna effect the actual total number of sales.

I guess it might be true that subscription based gaming is the future though... not interested in that. Maybe if they removed Xbox Live Gold and PS+

What the *Censored* is Xbox Love?

Muur, I swear you live on a different planet.

It's almost as if the "i" and the "o" are positioned right next to each other on a keyboard and he hit the wrong key by accident.

Lmao

I never really had any complaints with game pass either besides there only being around 100 games. As long as new titles keep being added it's worth it, much better than the PS one whatever it's called, I couldn't play more than a few games on that one because my internet connection couldn't handle even the oldest of 2D games like Final Fight.

Archived