The one change I want to see in WWE 2K19

sirocco_jim

If there's one thing I want added in 2K19, its the ability to edit hair & facial hair for in-game superstars... but I've pretty much lost any hope of them bringing it back. Edit a superstar will probably remain unchanged for years to come.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing they definitely need to do, is to note use the base game of the previous release for the new release.

Or else we're gonna have all the bugs & glitches in again that have since been patched.

Thats simply not an option. They cannot make an entirely new engine with all the same features and content in a less than one year dev cycle. Simply an impossibility.
Wait a sec, maybe I'm missing something. If they release a broken game, which they have been to varying degrees, and fix it little by.little over time, you're basically saying they have no choice.but.to start the next game in the previous game's broken state. How does any game get fixed in a sequel if.that's the case and what does that have to do with a brand new engine?

In any case, I havent had very much time with this game. Maybe like 3 weeks, but.if.there were.two things I'd like changed without thinking about too hard

The minor thing: I'd like the random select button in play mode(?) to be available from the moment you enter the mode, not make you have to select a category (in-game superstars, downloaded superstars, custom superstars, managers) first. Picking the mod first tends to alienate groups of characters especially if you pick the downloaded category

The "major" thing: Thru disallowed options in CAS when you have certain parts equipped. Somethings do make sense but putting a propeller hat on a gorilla mask if I want should be allowed. To the number examples, i can have a 3D beard.that clips through the chin of the makes, but a full beard that wouldn't clip through because its's more like facepaint? Naw we can have that

One thing they definitely need to do, is to note use the base game of the previous release for the new release.

Or else we're gonna have all the bugs & glitches in again that have since been patched.

Thats simply not an option. They cannot make an entirely new engine with all the same features and content in a less than one year dev cycle. Simply an impossibility.
Wait a sec, maybe I'm missing something. If they release a broken game, which they have been to varying degrees, and fix it little by.little over time, you're basically saying they have no choice.but.to start the next game in the previous game's broken state. How does any game get fixed in a sequel if.that's the case and what does that have to do with a brand new engine?

In any case, I havent had very much time with this game. Maybe like 3 weeks, but.if.there were.two things I'd like changed without thinking about too hard

The minor thing: I'd like the random select button in play mode(?) to be available from the moment you enter the mode, not make you have to select a category (in-game superstars, downloaded superstars, custom superstars, managers) first. Picking the mod first tends to alienate groups of characters especially if you pick the downloaded category

The "major" thing: Thru disallowed options in CAS when you have certain parts equipped. Somethings do make sense but putting a propeller hat on a gorilla mask if I want should be allowed. To the number examples, i can have a 3D beard.that clips through the chin of the makes, but a full beard that wouldn't clip through because its's more like facepaint? Naw we can have that

A game engine cannot be built up to snuff from scratch in one year. It simply isn't going to happen, but because 2K is bound by contract to release a game every year, they thus cannot get the time to make and polish a new engine. And since its Yukes who owns the current engine, not 2K directly, 2K ALSO cannot abandon the terrible programmers at yukes.

In other words, 2K is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Yukes for being rather careless because their job is more or less ensured, and WWE for being greedy pricks who refuse to allow for a longer dev period.

2K is of course, not blameless. They're more obsessed with goddamn Road To Glory mode than coming up with a plan to fix the problems plaguing the series. With that said though, as someone who remembers the THQ days vividly, things are still far better than they were.

Its hard to think they havent been building an engine on the side but at the same time...we have had more or less the same engine since the early Smackdown games so if Yukes was building one we probably would have seen it by now. Or maybe Visual Concepts is building one, I dont like to believe VC is just slapping their name on the games.

This probably isnt a good time since its looking like we are nearing the end of this console generation already, but eventually Vince or whoever orders these games be made yearly will be made aware that it might be a better business decision to release one game, call it WWE: The Game and have devs continuously support it through paid updates for roster, moves, etc and catch/fix bugs as they come and not worry about developing a sequel. For me, currently, thats a conflicting idea because I just cant imagine playing 2K18 for longer than a year because as many of you can tell, I personally think gameplay is lacking A LOT of wrestling elements. Because of that, Id like for them to get all that stuff in before they stop having yearly releases if they ever do.

It might sound crazy...but I personally would continue taking serviceable games with a handful of glitches and annoying bugs if I see the core gameplay is taking big steps in the right direction each year with the time they have, and when they get to that point where they have a near completely in-depth wrestling simulation experience, thats when I would be happy to tell em do nothing but polish the game and update the rosters/moves. Thats just me.

My one change that I in it is that I want guys to be able to fight girls. I mean, come on it happened recently with Becky! It'd be so fun if for example you could be Alexa and then be in a Royal Rumble against Big Show and so on and so forth, you could in HCTP. Really any match type would be fun, and to have all of that free range again.

I said it before, I think it's all mattel's fault. :mad::facepalm:

My one change that I in it is that I want guys to be able to fight girls. I mean, come on it happened recently with Becky! It'd be so fun if for example you could be Alexa and then be in a Royal Rumble against Big Show and so on and so forth, you could in HCTP. Really any match type would be fun, and to have all of that free range again.

That's pretty much the network fault

That's pretty much the network fault

No matter who's fault it is, it's all dumb.

We need better body morphing like in games past. I'm not sure what 2k has against busty women...

Harder to animate with animations that are meant for both men and women, most likely. The women already suffer hard from animations that are made for bigger models in mind as it is unfortunately.

We need better body morphing like in games past. I'm not sure what 2k has against busty women...

Harder to animate with animations that are meant for both men and women, most likely. The women already suffer hard from animations that are made for bigger models in mind as it is unfortunately.

That makes sense. One can dream haha.

Would be nice if the game lets us include getting rid of the logos along with the caw we decide to delete. Hate having to go to the deletion utility and scroll through all of that stuff to location things to make room for something new.

Something else I'd like is for them to separate the logos you made from the ones from downloads to make it a bit easier too.

I think the faults is Linda McMahon and Vince McMahon.

Nope do us a network and NBC forbids men and women fighting each other that's why we saw it all the time during the spike run

Stupid NBC.

Archived