Social Media Thread

Because YouTubers and vloggers and other social media personalities are basically our modern day celebrities, I feel like a thread discussinf everything surrounding that world could be useful.

Might also be misplaced.

But they do weird shit sometimes and become relevant on a more global scale.

Like Logan Paul, who has attracted the scorn of the internet by uploading a vlog where he filmed himself walking through a forest, stumbling upon a guy who hanged himself earlier on the day.

People are upset that he's basically using someone's suicide to attract views.

So if someone wants to discuss, be my guest.

So Im suppose to praise him for it now? Just because the outcome MIGHT be whats needed, doesnt mean the method is justified. Dont you dare *censored*ing defend him Austin, you know full well what he did was disgusting.

Yeah F*** Logan Paul. He laughed about it for crying out loud. YouTube did nothing and he himself deleted it. A smaller YouTube channel could have done something like this or even less and get flagged/demonized, or even shut down. But power to the top youtubers.

Only social media I really use are youtube (with almost all of what I watch being video game or anime related) and Tumblr (for posting my own stuff) Also other art sites I guess if those counts. Even then the two biggest names I actually pay any amount of attention to are Angry Joe and Maximillian Dood.

I will say that Logan Paul stuff is disgusting.

So Im suppose to praise him for it now? Just because the outcome MIGHT be whats needed, doesnt mean the method is justified. Dont you dare *censored*ing defend him Austin, you know full well what he did was disgusting.

Never was

but it was reloaded

honesty when it comes,to,u tube u can never be sure what stage fake or real it seems like way too much of a coincidence that he just happened to find one

Not a coincidence at all. That forest is renown to be spiritual and a place where people go to commit suicide. It's legitimately a common occurrence and problem there. Sometimes austin, it's best to keep your mouth shut on some things you clearly don't know much about.

And even if it was fake somehow, does that make it okay? Lmfao NO. His audience is mostly preteens, do you think it was appropriate for them to be watching a dead body hanging from a tree? No, even if it was faked, for all intents and purposes it was meant to be real. That's not how you raise awareness for depression and suicide. You do not film a dead body (real or fake... but definitely real) while jumping up and down and laughing with your friends. There is no arguing this austin, most of us just think you're stupid, but it's starting to look like you might just be a horrible person.

My take on it is that I understand people's anger. I think Logan Paul was hoping for something like this, both the stumbling on a corpse and the backlash after uploading and removing it and decided to fully milk it for what it's worth.

However, I don't mind that video personally. And I don't like the demand for it to be fully erased from the internet. At the risk of sounding edgy af, I feel like people should be able to post or share certain videos of graphic nature. In general, the reaction is to take it down out of respect, but I want it to stay up.

In this case, Logan Paul is definitely making light of the dead guy and I don't think he's sincere when addressing depression (because if he was, he would've realized shit like that probably triggers suicidal people), his reactions are over-the-top. He's basically an insecere dick. But that vid is also interesting af to me. It's a real-life highly unusual situation and it's being documented. It's *censored*ed up, it's shocking, but it's interesting to watch.

Should he be condemned? Yeah sure, go for it. Is he a dick? Yes. Did he blatantly exploit someone's suicide for clout? Yep. But now that it's been uploaded, I still want it to stay up and let people decide for themselves if they want to watch it or not. Same for people who re-uploaded his vid or make it avaliable for other people to watch it.

But he is a dick though. I'm not backing him.

Nah his whole channel is shock videos.more inlikely this video even if u dont like it has gain him so mean more subscribers just to see what he going to do next

And honesty u can't claim what I do or don't know

And honestly, I can. You are a very transparent person. You have no subtlety don't try and pretend otherwise.

YouTubers for the most part are *censored*ing awful. The Keemstar/h3h3/iDubbz section of YouTube is just so pathetic to me. It's just catty gossip. It's like watching TMZ or E! News, just swap out the Kardashians for Jake Paul and Logan Paul or something. I just absolutely do not understand the appeal of it.

I wasnt sure who Logan Paul was before I read this topic, so I typed his name into Google, went on his Wikipedia page and learned he is missing 15% of his right testicle.

All jokes aside, I see why Logan Paul did it. It gets his name out there, even if its a bunch of people calling for his head. He is most likely of the belief that any publicity is good publicity.

Yeah I heard he made $40,000 just with that video before it was taken down his apology video was the number one trending video with like I don't know how much but over a million views so he's getting money for that and since YouTube takes a major portion of that money there's no way in hell YouTube is going to get rid of him

I use facebook messenger to message with my gf when not texting and sometimes get on the site just to keep up with family members.

On youtube, the only two channels I follow is a comic book channel and Fail Army. I watch reaction mashups sometimes but mostly just videos of whatever interests me on my recommendation

• 5 weeks later...

Archived