Vince McMahon Investing in 'Alpha Entertainment' Amid XFL Rumors

classiq.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But all the best football players are criminals.

Aaron Hernandez was a serial killer and he was *censored*ing awesome with Gronk.

don't worry they'll get the guy who started the protest in the NFL

Not all or even the majority of the best nfl players have been criminals or considered bad people.

XFL won't be getting anywhere near Colin Kapernick. Vince is smarter than you think and it's already stated that the XFL will be avoiding political and social controversial topics with strict rules. Vince wouldn't allow protests like this

I believe Vince when he says the XFL won't touch politics, and will be strictly about football...because, honestly...WWE has done a great job of avoiding politics already. I don't know why his football league would be any different than that. Of course, you'll always have the players themselves running their mouths on social media. And I hope Vince isn't delusional enough to think he can stop that. But, yeah...the show itself should be easy enough for him to keep in check.

I believe Vince when he says the XFL won't touch politics, and will be strictly about football...because, honestly...WWE has done a great job of avoiding politics already. I don't know why his football league would be any different than that. Of course, you'll always have the players themselves running their mouths on social media. And I hope Vince isn't delusional enough to think he can stop that. But, yeah...the show itself should be easy enough for him to keep in check.

Omg, he's gonna script the players press conferences.

I think the XFL could be a success. It's not going to overtake the NFL but I think Vince realizes that. It's why the XFL is taking place in the Spring instead of Summer/Fall

The biggest factor will be players and stars for the league.

Part of that will come down to luck. Remember, only football die-hards and Vikings fans knew who Case Keenum was before this season. Now he's a star whose going to get paid big money by some NFL team next season. Keenum also went undrafted which means he could of went to the XFL if it was around at the time. Point being: XFL needs to get lucky and find some diamonds in the ruff.

Also if you a football star in high school, you need to play 3 years in college before going to the NFL. And than when you get the NFL you are on a rookie wage scale. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple of high school stars and a few college stars who would rather get paid big bucks right away in the XFL instead of someday maybe earning it in the NFL.

I definitely think people would be interested in watching football year round instead of only having it during the "on-season".

But, then again...sport fans are a strange breed. I honestly think a lot of people don't actually care about sports, and only watch them because there's a social pressure to do so. So, while it might sound like a good idea on paper to have more football...maybe the truth is that a lot of people are relieved when football season is over, and they can stop pretending that they give a shit. Just a thought.

Either way, I'm sure the return of XFL will at least have a chance to catch some attention...if it ends up being a proper display of football, and not a gimmick like the last time. Hell, I might even give football a chance for the first time in my life. Who knows...

Archived