2018 Hall of Fame Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

Jarrett would be pretty strange.

Guess his IC title reigns and WCW accomplishments put him there...but, meh. Definitely feels like a case of doing something just for the shock factor. Like...if he wasn't involved with NWA and TNA all these years, would they care at all? Is it only because it would be so shocking? I'm thinking that's probably why they would do it...just to say "bet you didn't see that one coming".

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean Jarrett has a much better case than Ivory.

Depends where you're coming from, tbh.

The talent pool for male performers in WWE history goes much deeper than the female talent pool. So, if they want to try to induct a woman each year...it makes sense that someone like Ivory would be considered before someone like Jarrett. Also, you have the detail about Jarrett being direct competition with the WWE and not having a great relationship with them. Stranger things have happened...but it's always a factor.

If you're going on merit alone, then Jarrett definitely has a stronger case than Ivory...for championships alone. I still see no problems with Ivory being inducted, however. I think Victoria or even Molly Holly should have gone first...but there's seriously nothing wrong with Ivory, IMO.

Omg. How is this even being debated? The WWE HOF is not exclusive to WWE talent. Jarrett has done a lot in wrestling (as a whole). Case closed.

The idiots in the comments of Twitter and Instagram honestly make me hate wrestling fans. Smarten the *Censored* up. And who cares who goes first...like is this a race...

Omg. How is this even being debated? The WWE HOF is not exclusive to WWE talent. Jarrett has done a lot in wrestling (as a whole). Case closed.

The idiots in the comments of Twitter and Instagram honestly make me hate wrestling fans. Smarten the *Censored* up. And who cares who goes first...like is this a race...

Lol...what an overreaction.

Like...nobody was even debating this. All I said was Jarrett has a somewhat sour history with WWE. Even said he had the accomplishments to warrant it, and that stranger things have happened. Saying shit about Twitter and Instagram is one thing...but let's not pretend like there was a debate happening in this topic...because there wasn't. :lol:

Lol...what an overreaction.

Like...nobody was even debating this. All I said was Jarrett has a somewhat sour history with WWE. Even said he had the accomplishments to warrant it, and that stranger things have happened. Saying shit about Twitter and Instagram is one thing...but let's not pretend like there was a debate happening in this topic...because there wasn't. :lol:

Lol who said that was aimed at you tho Genny boy? It was a why is this being debated in general thing.

His WWE run was poor, in WCW he helped end the company in several ways and he created one company that WWE have actively tried to denounce as real (maybe aside from the past couple years.) He also created his latest company around a ponzi scheme.

A WWE hall of fame? No way, but any other wrestling HOF then sure why not?

As was previously reported, former WWE Intercontinental Champion and Tag Team Champion, WCW World Heavyweight Champion, and Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Founder Jeff Jarrett is rumored to be under consideration for a WWE Hall of Fame induction this year.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it is true that Jarrett's name is on a list of people who are being considered, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a sure thing:

There have been reports going around about Jeff Jarrett being offered a spot in this years WWE Hall of Fame. While not confirmed, there was a list of names a few weeks ago under consideration and he was on the list.

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/50704/Update-on-Jeff-Jarrett-Possibly-Being-Considered-for-WWE/

Archived