Official NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 Discussion

MopOfVirtue

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jericho vs Omega was damn good. Happy Jericho grew his hair out too. And people told me Jericho was washed up and a has been. Delivered for me.

Hope Jericho stays in Japan for a bit. The build up was perfect too. He has a slight edge without the restraints of WWEs programming. Crowd was hot for him too. No surprise for the latter though. Omega is so perfect however.

Wish Jericho wouldve slimmed down a bit though lol

Damn, that was a fun card.

Okada/Naito is a 5-star for me, but those pants were horrible.

Jericho vs. Omega was awesome as well.

IMO, Will Ospreay and Kota Ibushi were the MVPs of the night though. Best live event I've ever attended, hands down.

Now I'm doing karaoke in a Shinjuku bar with DDT's ring announcer.

IMO, Will Ospreay and Kota Ibushi were the MVPs of the night though. Best live event I've ever attended, hands down.

How was the atmosphere during the main event?

How was the atmosphere during the main event?
My section was hot. We were chanting for Naito throughout the match. When he hit that final Destino and went for the pin, we went nuts. I was heartbroken with the result.

Not very far into it yet, & dont want 2 be spoilered, but easily the best Cody match I've ever seen.

Love that DH smith is channeling the old cheese and wrasslin in jeans, not. Sorryy for thedouble post or whatever.

Kay, so here I go again; anyone else think Ospreay looks like mayhem miller with red hair?

The Jr Heavyweight match was my MOTN, those lads stole the show. Really wanted Hiromu to win, though :/

I was shocked when Okada hit that Rainmaker, couldn't believe that was it! It was a really great match but not a 5 star from me. Jericho vs Omega was awesome too, I thought it was going to long when Jericho was stalling for ages for Kenny to blade but it picked back up after that and it was great. Jericho's best match in years.

Ibushi vs Cody was better than I expected too, probably the best Cody match I've ever seen. Goto vs Suzuki was great but not as good as any of those matches and I thought the Bucks vs RPG 3K was great too. I hope this is the Bucks last Jr. reign to break the record and then move to Heavyweights. Or just unify the belts, really...

Overall an awesome show, can't wait for New Year's Dash!!!

Ospreay worked his ass off in that FFW. I was pulling for Takahashi SO bad, especially towards the end. I'm really just relieved that KUSHIDA didn't win more than anything, though.

Cody's match against Ibushi was a lot better than I expected and was easily the best match I've seen from him since leaving. That Cross Rhodes off the ring apron was deadly. Should have ended the match.

Goto/Suzuki isn't getting enough praise. Can't say I was invested before going in to it, but the action was dope. I'm not a fan of Goto, though.

Tanahashi vs. White was underwhelming, although I didn't really know what to expect - but I anticipating for a much better showing. The Switchblade gimmick for White is dope, but they picked a guy who has one of the most least intimidating faces, ever. :lol:

Jericho/Omega was really fun and exceeded my expectations. Was almost immediately reminded of how great of a heel Jericho can be within minutes of the match. I wonder if there's a GIF of the referee dropping the razor and casually walking up to Omega and giving him the spare...:lol:

Okada/Naito was great, but I was expecting a tad bit more - and Okada winning was really, really surprising to me. The dude's reign is nothing short of legendary, and the only person I can think of who can take it off him is Omega. They're tied in wins, so that rubber match needs to happen soon - and hopefully it's for the title again.

So I decided to watch this minus Naito/Okada and the hair vs hair because despite them probably being very good, I had no interest. I tried watching Switchblades match because his gimmick seemed cool but that sucked and I failed to make it through. But anyways...

Random thoughts:

- That Toa Henare guy is pretty cool.

- Does Cheeseburger have some kind of disorder? Or does he choose to be that skinny? Serious question.

- Cody Rhodes new look is awesome and his heel work was outstanding. Best match of his, ever.

- The Bucks really outshined their opponents.

- Fatal Four Way was probably the best match. Crazy. Martys entrance though<3

- Jerichos still got it. Him VS Omega was worth tuning in for. Glad most people are praising it.

- War Machine and KES stood out to me in the tag matches.

Gonna be hard to watch any WWE pay-per-view this year after watching Wrestle Kingdom 12. What a kickass show.

Naito and Okada was good but I wanted Naito to win, the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title match was great, Cody and Ibushi was fun, Goto and Suzuki was brutal, Tanahashi and White gave me a Bret Hart/Steve Austin (Survivor Series 1996) vibe for the story that they were telling and the more praise given to Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho the better.

Archived