NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Keith Lee and WALTER offered NXT contracts according to the Observer:

Both Keith Lee and Walter have been offered spots starting in Orlando in May. The two are the two best big men on the independent scene right now. The belief within the indie world is Lee is taking it since he’s turned down dates after that point in time but this is one of those things that neither side are even allowed to confirm. (...) Lee, while not announced yet because it requires the approval of Gabe Sapolsky, since he has a contract with WWN, was tentatively on the card for New Japan on the 3/25 show in Long Beach. If that happens, that doesn’t mean he won’t do that date and still go to WWE in May although New Japan believes he’s not.
Walter is less clear. I know that in the past he’s told us he’s not interested because he’s got employee status with the wXw promotion in Europe and runs their school and in the past told us he likes his life and wasn’t interested in moving. He wasn’t even interested in long periods out of Europe as he noted New Japan isn’t something he was interested in either.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both would be great signings.

Even though there's enough big dudes in WWE already, it's still surprising when more get a chance. This is good.

Saw Keith Lee for this first time in Dallas a few years back. The dude is something else for his size. I like him; and plus he's from around my neck of the woods in Texas, so that's cool as hell to know.

My only problem w/ Lee is that I feel like there's too many big men in wrestling nowadays that try too hard to incorporate these super agile, high-flying moves in their matches. Sometimes it comes off as unnecessary, and it doesn't come off as impressive like it once did because it seems like EVERYONE can do Somersault Planchas, flips/twists, etc.

Lee doesn't need to do that stuff, his match with Ishii was tremendous and he did none of that. Granted he's in there with Ishii but still.

WALTER is kinda the anthitesis of that, in a way, he's like an old school All Japan Heavyweight. I don't know how his style would translate to the WWE, though, I don't think they want guys chopping other guy's chests off. He tweeted that no contract had been offered to him, btw, but he could never say it had, really.

Saw Keith Lee for this first time in Dallas a few years back. The dude is something else for his size. I like him; and plus he's from around my neck of the woods in Texas, so that's cool as hell to know.

My only problem w/ Lee is that I feel like there's too many big men in wrestling nowadays that try too hard to incorporate these super agile, high-flying moves in their matches. Sometimes it comes off as unnecessary, and it doesn't come off as impressive like it once did because it seems like EVERYONE can do Somersault Planchas, flips/twists, etc.

It's like when Ryback started doing those unnecessary type of moves and then he started whining that people didn't know how good he was.

Like no bitch, just cos you add a random top rope splash doesn't make you a better wrestler.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel to an extent.

Guys like Lee are an exception, because he can switch up his style and still put on good outings. Fans who think a simple Plancha or Suicide Dive through the ropes makes someone a "good wrestler" are dumb, lol. Literally almost any and everyone and their grandmas can pull of one of or both of those moves if they really wanted to. It's gotten to the point where seeing wrestlers of that size pulling off those moves isn't so special any more.

I see that so much with female wrestlers. I think that's the main reason Ember had the hype she did coming in, because she did could do cool moves.

Anyways, when it comes to big men I don't mind them doing high flying if it makes sense in the situation and if it ends up meaning something in the context of the match. I would never complain about Vader doing a moonsault and even Hansen did a topé every once in a while.

However, I gotta admit, I loved seeing War Machine matches where Hanson would just fly around like a mad man.

And I want to make it clear, Keith Lee is so much better than Ryback ever was. I'd love for him to get signed, but I agree, big guys doing agile moves is not so impressive anymore.

Adam Cole spoke with MLive.com for a new interview discussing his debuting on NXT instead of the main roster and more. Highlights are below:

On his first year with WWE: I always think back to that first night in Brooklyn, where I debuted, and it was this total surprise. I just remember thinking, I hope they care, I hope they remember me. The way they embraced me that night, I knew it was the start of something special.

On getting support from Kevin Owens: Kevin has always gone above and beyond in being supportive of me in my journey. To have him there to support me was awesome. Talk about another friendship that will never go away.

On believing in NXT and not going to RAW or SmackDown first: NXT is something I really believe in and still do. This is made up of young passionate people that want to make a name for themselves. I wanted to be a part of WWE, and part of NXT first as if I went to Raw or SmackDown right away I would always wonder what NXT would have been like. The coaches, the team and hands-on approach is really cool and I will be able to look back see how happy I was to be a part of this.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/adam-cole-says-happy-went-nxt-instead-raw-smackdown/

Full interview: http://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/index.ssf/2018/03/one_of_wwes_hottest_upcoming_s.html

Archived