Money in the Bank show to be cross-branded in 2018

Lil' Kazu

WWE ADDS A FIFTH CO-BRANDED PPV, FULL 2018 WWE PPV SCHEDULE WITH DATES AND CITIES FOR THE EVENTS

The current plan for WWE is to have 14 PPVs in the year 2018. The schedule calls for there to be 5 Raw shows, 4 Smackdown shows and 5 combined events.
The new co-branded event will be Money In The Bank, which is slated for June 17 in Chicago, Ilinois.

I'm curious though, are we just getting the one briefcase with a crossbranded match, or two separate ladder matches again?

Actually, since there will likely be another Womens MitB, I guess there's a pretty solid chance it'll be two crossbranded MitB's.

I hope there's just one ladder match for the men and one for the women. 4 briefcases is overkill, imo.

Looking at the PPV schedule there, looks like there won't be as many 2 PPVs a month as this past year or so. Which is also good news.

Yeah, not surprising to me. I doubt a few less PPVs will affect the WWE Network numbers and it's a way to cut costs. I'm a bit surprised that both the PPVs before and after Summerslam are listed as Raw shows, though.

Because having a concept like MITB for one brand only is really dumb.

I know it was still predictable, but I actually liked the excitement of the old MITBs that gave you option to cash in on either of the world champions. I know everyone always talks about "long term booking" and stuff, but I've always felt that WWE does better when they don't write themselves into a corner. I think they spread themselves too thin with all of these titles, trophies, and themed pay-per-views that they feel obligated to do. In my opinion, a lot of their best stuff comes when they're playing it by ear.

Because having a concept like MITB for one brand only is really dumb.

Eh, I disagree. I would've had no problem with MITB switching between brands every year. Just like they're doing with Elimination Chamber, for example.

Certain types of matches being exclusive, okay, but holding the briefcase should not be imo. Takes away from the unpredictability and the general characteristics of the briefcase if you're limited to only one champion.

Id love it if they went with 1 mens and 1 womens match, crossbranded. But adding the rule that if you win the other brands title you move to that brand. Could be a way to shift a big name to another brand, while giving them a world title.

Id love it if they went with 1 mens and 1 womens match, crossbranded. But adding the rule that if you win the other brands title you move to that brand. Could be a way to shift a big name to another brand, while giving them a world title.

Exactly what Im hoping for, as well.

Archived