A few things I don't get...?

The CAW Archive

Why has the blood been changed so that it no longer spills all over the ring? This is one of the greatest features in the older games. I know WWE are going for a "PG" (ie; watered down, weak) form of wrestling these days but even the old games were set in a PG rating unyet contained fantastic blood. I'm happy its there at all, don't get me wrong, and I hope we never ever lose it but it was so much more effective in the older ones.

Also, the ring stairs have no impact whatsoever. The sound rarely works and it's usually silent when we hit an opponent with them. Where's that ever satisfying CLUNK. Pretty sure this ones just a glitch but even so thought I'd address it here.

Finally, a created wrestler cannot wear a trilby hat and glasses at the same time.... why? You could in every other one.

Mixed tag matches are now non-existent. I don't know why this was removed, and it has completely damaged one of my tag teams I create every year since WWF Attitude.

In Universe mode it would seem that it is impossible to even add women wrestlers as ALLIES to the male ones now. So I cannot even make a husband and wife team on good terms with each other.

Mosh and Thrasher have not been in a game since WWF Attitude (or maybe it was SmackDown! last) and I have no idea why. Do Mosh and Thrasher not want to be in this or are they on bad terms with WWE? Also, no classic "Brood" Christian, and no Gangrel or Doink. Perhaps even more surprising, no sign of Ahmed Johnson since WWF Warzone... why?

I already mentioned it in another thread I made, but .. IN create an arena, WWE LOGOS and FLAGS everywhere--- with no way to edit them or remove them. Very disappointing.

Weapons are limited. In the older games, from say WWF Warzone to about WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It, there were a massive amount of weapons you could hit your opponent with. Televisions, ring bells, 2x4's, "head", microphones, hammers (normal ones, not sledgehammers), guitars, crutches, pipes, STOP SIGNS, Gangrel's chalice and goodness knows what else. and again, RINGBELLS. Please give us back the ringbells! In WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2011 and others around it, the ringbell was the best weapon. It made a devastating CLANG as you hit with it. Last years game had the ringbell here but inaccessable and this year its completely gone. So sad. We are mostly limited to chairs, tables, sledgehammers and Sting's bat now, which is sweet, but not much else in variety. Even in Extreme Rules there are only a few different weapons.

Can we also remove the big ROPE BREAK words that appear on screen? It just slightly destroys the realism if we want to simulate watching a match. Is there even an in game option to do that?

Free Camera is also absent it seems. We can't pause the game and use highlight reel to move the camera freely around the ring and wrestlers to take snapshots... last year we could, but not with a free camera, only fixed angles. This year, not at all.

The MENU MUSIC is the part that is the worst for me. I have to play on mute with WWF Warzone, WWF Attitude, ECW Hardcore Revolution and ECW Anarchy Rulz music playing on my flashdrive. Seriously, I made this complaint several times in 2010/11 and so on and they fixed it - in WWE'12. Normal, looped backing rock music was all it had and all it needed. Why did we go back to bad music by bad bands and singers... you have to remember, while there may be fans of those artists, not everyone is - and by putting music they cannot stand on their menu makes them either mute it or just not play it. Muting makes more sense of course. WWE2K14 had bad music AND good music but they got it right - look at the jukebox... it has a MASSIVE selection of what you can choose. And on that one, I found one instrumental rock track and just selected that one alone to loop. And I was satisfied.

Please God in Heaven bring back CREATE A STORY. I know not everybody liked it but this was by far the thing that sold me every year from 2010 to 2014. I spent weeks of my life just making stories (and after 2010 with less limitations for created things thank goodness) and I just miss this feature so much.

I don't know if its just me, if I'm doing something wrong, if its been changed or if it's just been taken out altogether ... but it seems to me that "aiming" your slams is completely absent. One of the best features of recent wrestling games was the ability to move the analogue sticks to aim where you want to slam your opponent in a suplex or a slam etc. I used to like rotating the stick to aim them to land on a ladder or table etc. But this year I just cannot get this to work at all. Speaking of which, aiming in general isn't working to good for me. If i want to irish whip an opponent into the top left corner, I hold the analogue stick in that direction and.... well they get irished whip in the default direction they are facing. Had no trouble with this in previous games so I just don't get it.

I absolutely love this game. This years game as a game is they best they've released in a long time. But I really wish these things were not an issue.

Archived