If WWE Superstars were English Premier League teams

HeLLBlaZer#14

If WWE Superstars were English Premier League teams whom would your club be? Former world champion Roman Reigns would be Chelsea. However, who would Manchester United, Liverpool and the rest be?

ARSENAL – Bray Wyatt

Two of the biggest names in their respective fields, capable of being the very best and doing it in their own unique style. Yet, Bray and The Gunners have suffered from questionable management, recruitment and booking, which has frustrated their fans that still believe they should at the very top of their industries.

BOURNEMOUTH – Sami Zayn

The current underdogs of both the Premier League and WWE. Both are easy on they eye in terms of the way they perform and have the ability to pull off a shock victory that makes you believe they are ready for the next stage, while maybe not being quite ready for the very top just yet. Both are partial to a bit of black and red too.

BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION – Shinsuke Nakamura

Finally making their bows on the biggest stage of them all, Brighton have been threatening the Premier League repeatedly over the last few campaigns, while we’ve waited with baited breath to see Nakamura given his main roster chance. Now they will both get their chance to shine to a new audience who will appreciate their own brand of football/wrestling for the very first time.

BURNLEY – Pete Dunne

Burnley’s home record was exemplary last season and they ended the campaign finally showing they can do it on the road to stay in touch with the elite. In the same vein (well…kind of), Dunne has been appreciated on home soil for a while now but is finally getting his chance with WWE’s own elite away from the UK. He’s also bloody hard, as was Clarets gaffer Sean Dyche back in the day.

CHELSEA – Roman Reigns

Current Premier League champions Chelsea were presented with their own WWE belt upon winning the title last season, and there are plenty of similarities between and former world champ Reigns. Both were pushed to the moon for reasons that can be argued about all day, while neither is universally liked either. However, what can’t be denied is the success and ability to put on world-class displays on the pitch or in the ring.

CRYSTAL PALACE – Erick Rowan

Rowan is the least successful member to spawn from the Wyatt Family and at times we thought we may see the end of his WWE run. It came close to an end for the Premier League’s current least successful London team last season too, but both have survived and can often pull a result out of the bag. You get the feeling a tidy-up and gimmick change would benefit both Rowan and The Eagles.

EVERTON – The Miz

One of top flight’s longest reigning teams, Everton are akin to The Miz who just celebrated his 92nd pay-per-view appearance at Extreme Rules. Both have been champions. However they now seem stuck in the mid-card unable to break back through to the top echelon in their fields. They remain consistency-entertaining entities and brim with potential to finally return to their heydeys at some point.

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN – Alexa Bliss

Alexa was a name in NXT who we all knew of but only a few could see what could happen if given the chance. David Wagner gave Huddersfield that chance and now both The Terriers and Bliss find themselves coming out of nowhere to take a seat at the top table of their professions. Also the tenacity of Bliss kind of reminds of me of a terrier too.

LEICESTER CITY – Jinder Mahal

Perhaps the easiest comparison down to shock championship wins. Go back in time to 2015 and what would seem more unlikely, Leicester City becoming Premier League champions or a WWE Title run for the perennial jobber Jinder? It’s a hard one to answer, but Mahal most take note of the slight fall from grace The Foxes have been on since losing their crown. You’ve been warned.

LIVERPOOL – Chris Jericho

Both Y2J and The Reds are considered two of the greatest names in their sports and yet it’s been a long time since either has been king of the mountain. Every now and then Liverpool teases you by showing how very good they are, much like the flashes of brilliant we saw in Y2J’s recent run, but their years holding the top titles remain in a generation now past us by.

MANCHESTER CITY – AJ Styles

Two names that have been part of their industry’s history for a long time, but are now getting their moment to shine alongside the very best. Styles WWE Championship win and City’s recent Premier League triumphs means they have achieved that goal, but we expect so much more from both. Especially when on any given weekend both can pull out all the stops and have the match of the day.

MANCHESTER UNITED – John Cena

Global names, global brands and the most successful name in either industry – United and Cena are a no brainer, aren’t they? Twenty League Titles vs. Sixteen World Title reigns says it all, and yes both may now not be in title contention, but we just know the glory days are just around the corner again. Not liked everywhere but appreciated by fans nonetheless.

NEWCASTLE UNITED – The Hardy Boyz

In the mid to late 1990s The Hardy Boyz were the coolest team around, thrilling us all with their high-flying, death-defying matches in WWE’s Attitude era. The same era also gave us Kevin Keegan’s ‘Entertainers’ who were the team to watch for any neutral football fan of the time. Since those heady days, Matt, Jeff and The Magpies have been through some ups and downs, but now find themselves ‘back where they belong’. Even if you get the feeling something will be get ‘broken’ any day now.

SOUTHAMPTON – William Regal

Bear with me on this one…. William Regal is, of course, the current GM of NXT, a brand that keeps producing some of the best names in the WWE. Something Southampton have been doing for the past few seasons too. Yet, both NXT and The Saints have suffered from the big boys stealing their talent and having to start again. See, makes sense now!

STOKE CITY – Cesaro

Regular names in both WWE and the Premier League on first glance it may seem harsh on the Swiss Superman to compared to The Potters, but hear me out. Both Stoke and Cesaro have earned the reputation of being tough, strong and brutal when need be – but both have come a long way since and can now do so much more. While league titles and top championships seem out of reach, no one likes coming up against these boys and they can often upset the company’s biggest names.

SWANSEA CITY – Kalisto

Swansea’s recent resurgence into the Premier League mirrors Kalisto’s step-up as a WWE star. Both are not technically from where their company’s origins come from, but on their day can be crowd pleasers with what they can do in a match. It’s also surely only a matter of time before both are performing in a different brand, Cruiserweight or The Championship.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS – Finn Balor

Spurs supporting Bálor will be pleased with this one and it’s no forced connection. Briefly Champions at one stage in their own right, the future now looks very bright for both The Demon King and Tottenham’s array of young talent. While championships are not currently on the immediate horizon, it surely is only a matter of time that both are celebrating big achievements.

WATFORD – Heath Slater & Rhyno

For a brief moment upon their promotion to their brands (sorry I had to use that word at some point), Watford and the team of Slater and Rhyno were the talk of the town. Unfortunately since that run, other than their own fans not many people have taken notice of The Hornets and Raw’s odd couple. They are just kind of there doing their job, until something or someone tells them otherwise.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION – The Colons

Solid yet unspectacular are words often associated with a West Brom team who have become consistent members of the Premier League. It’s akin to The Colons own run in WWE that has seen them become good hands to put over any emerging teams, without possibly getting the credit they deserve. Both have suffered from low points (Time shares and Pepe Mel) but both remain part of the furniture.

WEST HAM UNITED – Dean Ambrose

Recently moved home, a little rough around the edges and for most parts a little stale (we’re talking about Bilic’s reign too) there’s a lot you can associate with both Ambrose and The Hammers. Take some solace from the fact that WWE CEO Triple H is apparently a West Ham fan; he really does love a hammer doesn’t he?

http://onlinesportsblog.com/2017/06/08/wwe-superstars-were-english-premier-league-teams/

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol what a random thread.

I disagree with AJ - Man City though. Man City are like Chelsea where money became instant success. If anything, Roman is more like City because they got money in 2010 and were champions by 2012. They were middle of the table then got money, whilst Chelsea got money whilst already a top 4 side. Roman wasn't a "top 4 guy" before instantly thrown at the main event, so Man City gits way better.

AJ Styles makes little sense as City other than I guess the "instant money and success" being as soon as he was in the WWE, he won the title shortly afterwards.

Nia Jax - Liverpool

Both trash

i love you.

Finn Balor - Manchester United

they both have their old glory, got set back for some period of time and currently struggling to back to reclaim what was supposed to be theirs.

Christian - Arsenal

they both have their moment ONCE and literally have nothing else major ever again to this day.

Nia Jax - Liverpool

Both trash

i love you.

Finn Balor - Manchester United

they both have their old glory, got set back for some period of time and currently struggling to back to reclaim what was supposed to be theirs.

Christian - Arsenal

they both have their moment ONCE and literally have nothing else major ever again to this day.

Arsenal won the double in 98 and 2002 and are the only team in PL history to go unbeaten in a season in 2004. And i'm only talking about the PL era.

This thread is extremely weird though.

Bruno Sammartino would be Portsmouth because he defended his title like once every two years and Pompey had the FA Cup over the Second World War and didnt defend it.

Bruno has like 100+ title defenses

I really, truly couldnt care any less. It was a joke.

Fabulous Moolah then, whatever.

Bruno Sammartino would be Portsmouth because he defended his title like once every two years and Pompey had the FA Cup over the Second World War and didnt defend it.

Bruno has like 100+ title defenses

I really, truly couldnt care any less. It was a joke.

Fabulous Moolah then, whatever.

I like disrupting jokes, though

Nia Jax - Liverpool

Both trash

Nah, West Bromwich Albion. Big af, but nothing else remotely interesting about them.

it surely is only a matter of time that both are celebrating big achievements.

Reminder that this is said about Tottenham Hotspur, which is by far the most hilarious statement I've seen on this forum. Finn is never winning a title again.

MANCHESTER CITY – AJ Styles

Two names that have been part of their industry’s history for a long time, but are now getting their moment to shine alongside the very best. Styles WWE Championship win and City’s recent Premier League triumphs means they have achieved that goal, but we expect so much more from both. Especially when on any given weekend both can pull out all the stops and have the match of the day.

:XD::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is there one for "actually they were crap, but someone pumped loads of money into them and eventually they won something"? Not sure of a wrestler that would fit that, would be harsh on Roman Reigns, because unlike City pre moneyball - Reigns had talent.

MANCHESTER UNITED – John Cena

Global names, global brands and the most successful name in either industry – United and Cena are a no brainer, aren’t they? Twenty League Titles vs. Sixteen World Title reigns says it all, and yes both may now not be in title contention, but we just know the glory days are just around the corner again. Not liked everywhere but appreciated by fans nonetheless.

Hmm, 2015 FA Cup Winners, 2016 Europa League winners, League Cup winners and currently second in the Premier League.

The rest is pretty much good though, although "not liked everywhere" is more like "hated and reviled by non-fans".

Nia Jax - Liverpool

Both trash

I like this man.

Also it's "Tottenham Hotspur". The "S" is only used for their nickname "Spurs". They were I believe named after Lord "Harry" Hotspur.

Lol what a random thread.

I disagree with AJ - Man City though. Man City are like Chelsea where money became instant success. If anything, Roman is more like City because they got money in 2010 and were champions by 2012. They were middle of the table then got money, whilst Chelsea got money whilst already a top 4 side. Roman wasn't a "top 4 guy" before instantly thrown at the main event, so Man City gits way better.

AJ Styles makes little sense as City other than I guess the "instant money and success" being as soon as he was in the WWE, he won the title shortly afterwards.

Yeah but people always knew AJ was the best in the world. It would be like United getting relegated through a punishment - destroying the Championship and coming straight back up.

I don't think there is a football equivalent of AJ.

Spurs aint won anything since the Carling cup in 08. Acting like they are going to be winning something real soon...

They will if Kane is fit. United made them look pretty ordinary yesterday without him.

Spurs aint won anything since the Carling cup in 08. Acting like they are going to be winning something real soon...

They will if Kane is fit. United made them look pretty ordinary yesterday without him.

They won't win the league and they don't have a prayer in Europe. Maybe the FA Cup but even then that's a maybe and dependent on the draw.

Rusev would be Pompey because theyre the only team I know and I like Rusev.

Both are also jobbers, since Pompey were in the 4th division for a few years until this current season and Rusev hasn't won a feud in like 4 years

Lesnar is Manchester United. Used to be elite, been in decline for the last five years, but still treated like hot shit and a huge deal. And still keeps making new fans, just for the heck of it.

And detractors hope it's true - but still capable of destroying anyone.

Actually, now that I think about it, Ziggler is Liverpool. His fans think/hope it's gonna be his year every year, but he keeps staying irrelevant.

Roman Reigns is Manchester City. No one likes him but he's the top guy in the company right now and his rise to the top wasn't natural at all, rather forced.

Archived