REGARDING CAWS DOWNLOADING WITHOUT THEIR LOGOS

CROSS-Out

Hey guys, Sorry to make this a separate topic from the GMPorium but I figured that this might be important enough to need it's own focus.

So this got sent to me from the smacktalks forums, link here and I'll copy and paste the post as well.

http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/68244-do-not-delete-your-incoming-logos-in-image-manager/

Posted by KeithMajors (if you're here dude, thanks for getting this info out)

"It seems we have figured out another reason for caws having blank logo's. My bud dre41's recent uploads have all been 100% blank so there was no logo's or faces so I asked him if he deleted his incoming logo's in image manager and he said yes he had. So after some research it seems that the logo's in incoming/image manager are attached to your caw and creators need to keep them in incoming logo's so when downloaders download there caws the logo's come with.

After we figured this out dre re imported all his logo's back in the game replaced them on his caw and re uploaded then when downloaded his caw was perfect and had all it's logo's. And yes dre knows about the blank glitch in creation and not to edit to resize or move the logo to avoid the blank glitch so he had not done this. So this was something else and once we figured it was deleting the logo's in image manager then re uploading after the images were re downloaded into the game and back in the image manager his caw was fine. So it seems that this is the issue some might be having so do not ever delete your incoming logo's in image manager as it appears to be like 2k16 were they are attached and this will avoid the 100% blank logo's and face issue.

And yes I am aware that it says these logo's will automatically be delete in a few days. But for some reason that does not happen I still have logo's from 10 days ago so there either attached or 2K must absorb them into there server after they are automatically deleted or something like that which does not happen maybe 2k is so busy with everything else they are not doing this. I think this might be a way for 2k to minimize the data on there server. So be sure to never delete your incoming logo's in image manager going forward and follow the do not edit to resize or move rule and all blank logo issues should stop."

So if this is indeed the case, it's uncertain if this was meant to happen or not. Hopefully it wasn't and will be fixed.

I just hope it wasn't intentional and can be fixed via a future patch. A: because any caw i've made up till now cannot be uploaded as I don't have their logos on the servers anymore and B: because I delete my logos right away to be less of a stress on said servers.

Alright guys, Jeb and I just tested this out with him reuploading his The Bar attires again with the logos re-added, and it worked perfectly. So it would appear the situation I spoke of in the OP is indeed the case. That said a couple logos in his entrance attires were still missing. Long night of work for caws ahead of them..

That's so many logos I might have to reupload... kill me. :cry:

As far as I tried, the re-upload and replace logos method works. Just be sure to know all and which specific logos are missing for others so you don't forget to replace one or two logos (totally not from experience)

So are the fixed Bar attires up? I checked a bit ago and i didn't see them.

I uploaded earlier but GMP said I missed some logos so I pulled them from CC. It's like 2 AM rn so I'll see if I can fully fix it later today

According to "ReLL7thirty" from Smacktalks, after the patch, the Images are getting deleted from the Image downloader automatically like they did prior to the official release at the 17th.

So maybe the whole issue caused after the Image downloader kept the Images online is solved through the patch after all?

It would be interesting to test this by creating something new and upload it/download it to see if it works then.

According to "ReLL7thirty" from Smacktalks, after the patch, the Images are getting deleted from the Image downloader automatically like they did prior to the official release at the 17th.

So maybe the whole issue caused after the Image downloader kept the Images online is solved through the patch after all?

It would be interesting to test this by creating something new and upload it/download it to see if it works then.

We tested some of Jebs attires after the patch last night and some logos still didn't show up when they weren't on the server.

Most won't bother reuploading their CAWs even if they know about this unfortunately.

Considering thats a hell of a lot of work, I don't blame them. In certainly gonna wait to See if this gets fixed before I release any more too.

well seeing that in this last 1.03 they added in all the nxt pack entrances and stuff that means that they will be releasing it in a couple of weeks so that means fixes are coming with it and lets hope the logo glitch is fixed, they fixed it last year pretty fast so heres hoping they do the same, thing is last year after they did the fix, wasnt their a problem with some CAWs after the fix that ended up with the logos on the CAWs, but all funky, i think creators had to reupload their CAWs and remember that after the fix whenever we went into CAS mode we had to accept some prompt saying they need to be updated or whatnot

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Just wanted to let everyone that is still having the issue know that after the patch 1.04 all you have to do is upload "fresh Images" and replace the ones you used prior to this patch.

It sucks when it Comes to the face textures since you will have to recreate the structure but for that you can modify the face even after without the face being glitched or the texture missing after you uploaded it and someone downloaded the caw.

I already tested this with a fresh caw (all new Images) and it didn't got glitched no matter how many modifications I made.

Also replaced all the Images on my ivelisse and she works now aswell.

Thought I'll let you know. :)

Hi guys! Just wanted to let everyone that is still having the issue know that after the patch 1.04 all you have to do is upload "fresh Images" and replace the ones you used prior to this patch.

It sucks when it Comes to the face textures since you will have to recreate the structure but for that you can modify the face even after without the face being glitched or the texture missing after you uploaded it and someone downloaded the caw.

I already tested this with a fresh caw (all new Images) and it didn't got glitched no matter how many modifications I made.

Also replaced all the Images on my ivelisse and she works now aswell.

Thought I'll let you know. :)

Are you 100 percent sure that logos downloaded after 1.04 work completely? Because I thought for sure one of the caws I made after words still had the issue, but I'm willing to give it a try with a caw I created earlier today.

You can download and check my Ivelisse caw if you want. E#37 already did and said she is glitch free.

Also had created a "glitch test" caw that I used to test things out and she is glitch free aswell.

I even took her down, modified her face, resized her logos, applied new logos additionaly and reuploaded and she still remained glitch free. :)

Make sure thought that all the logos and face textures you are using, you uploaded after the 1.04 patch.

If they were uploaded before this patch, things will probably glitch out again.

If it happens to you with new uploaded logos then I might just got lucky but after two glitch free caws I think it should work.

EDIT: Make sure you replace all the logos on your caw.

Since my Ivelisse attires were all good before and only the face texture were glitched, I had replaced only the face texture at first.

The result was that the face texture remained and didn't glitched but for that the custom attire logos glitched and People got the empty squares in their logos Manager.

So I replaced them with newer Images uploaded after 1.04 and it works perfectly now.

Is there another way to make the logos that don't show up reappear?

Not one that I know off.

It only works when you replace them with new uploaded images.

The replacement of logos on attires isn't that bad, the face texture however will reset the face so you will have to recreate it which can be cumbersome.

Not one that I know off.

The replacement of logos on attires isn't that bad, the face texture however will reset the face so you will have to recreate it which can be cumbersome.

I have not had any logos not appearing on the CAWs I have downloaded thus far. I don't know why?

Not one that I know off.

I have not had any logos not appearing on the CAWs I have downloaded thus far. I don't know why?

Then the caws you were downloading were uploaded Prior to the in between Patches or People that used them didn't got glitched by deleting logos from the incoming Folder or similar stuff. :)

Not one that I know off.

Probably just happened to pick ones effected by the bug. The creators have to redo the logos and reupload or wait and see if 2K patches it. Nothing you can do as the downloader.

Spoke too soon as the arenas I downloaded today have some missing logos.

Their creators either didn't updated them or they used logos they uploaded on their Collection back then.

I reuploaded and replaced the logos for 3 more caws of mine yesterday and they work again.

It's cumbersome since I deleted tons of logos I had uploaded back then but worth it.

Some People might not bother doing it though.

Their creators either didn't updated them or they used logos they uploaded on their Collection back then.

I reuploaded and replaced the logos for 3 more caws of mine yesterday and they work again.

It's cumbersome since I deleted tons of logos I had uploaded back then but worth it.

Another thing. There are logos that don't show up in the Custom Logos section but show up just fine on the creations.

Another thing. There are logos that don't show up in the Custom Logos section but show up just fine on the creations.

I had this effect on a downloaded caw that were using partially older logos. They were however minor logos like a simple line or something so it didn't bother me and I kept the model the way it was. :)

Unless you mean the logos section on CC?

Didn't used that section so I don't really know.

I fixed 5 of my models that were affected and reuploaded and according to the downloaders they are working fine.

I'm pretty sure that some people won't bother to redo their stuff so we will definately come across to more caws and arenas with missing logos for sure.

Archived