Updating Finishers & Signatures

Jay Mace

I wanted to start a thread where I think we can all help each other out to some extent. This is for a thread for those of us who don't have the time or desire to completely redo entire movesets and focus on the signature and finisher moves.

Here's how it works. Post a character and their updated finishing and signature moves and explain why you made the changes. If one of the moves was promoted from elsewhere in the moveset also give a brief explanation of what you substituted the move with.

Starting off with a few of my own:

Big E

Signatures: Big Splash, Big Splash

Finishers: Big Ending, Big Ending

I dropped Overhead Belly to Belly 2 as an in-ring signature as he tends to use it frequently in the ring and tends to follow up with Belly to Belly 1. As a result I replaced Fireman's Carry Slam with Overhead Belly to Belly 2 as a strong grapple. However because Big E has used the Overhead Belly to Belly to devastating effect outside of the ring it remains as hie ring side signature.

Carmella

Signatures: Bronco Buster 4, Bronco Buster 4

Finishers: Superkick 4, Code of Silence

Since coming to Smackdown she seems to be using the Superkick as a finish, sometimes more so than the Code of Silence. For now I have a duplicate Basement Dropkick 4 as the strong strike Superkick 4 occupied. Any better suggestions, feel free to post.

Naomi

Signatures: Rear View, Headscissor DDT

Finishers: Feel the Glow, Split-Legged Moonsault 2

It's been a while since I've seen her finish anyone off with the Rear View and as of late she seems to focus more on her submission and moonsault finishees. Headscissor DDT probably needs to be switched out as well, hit me up with any suggestions.

Natalya

Signatures: Nattie by Nature, Sit-out Powerbomb 1

Finishers: Sharpshooter 1, Sharpshooter 2

I honestly can't remember the last time Nattie used the Pin-up Strong, let alone finished anyone with it. I figured it would make more sense to give her Sharpshooter 2 instead since she does start from a standing position sometimes. I ended up switching Pin-up Strong to her lower body submission.

Any recommendations and desire to discuss, feel free to join in.

I wanted to start a thread where I think we can all help each other out to some extent. This is for a thread for those of us who don't have the time or desire to completely redo entire movesets and focus on the signature and finisher moves.

Here's how it works. Post a character and their updated finishing and signature moves and explain why you made the changes. If one of the moves was promoted from elsewhere in the moveset also give a brief explanation of what you substituted the move with.

Starting off with a few of my own:

Big E

Signatures: Big Splash, Big Splash

Finishers: Big Ending, Big Ending

I dropped Overhead Belly to Belly 2 as an in-ring signature as he tends to use it frequently in the ring and tends to follow up with Belly to Belly 1. As a result I replaced Fireman's Carry Slam with Overhead Belly to Belly 2 as a strong grapple. However because Big E has used the Overhead Belly to Belly to devastating effect outside of the ring it remains as hie ring side signature.

Carmella

Signatures: Bronco Buster 4, Bronco Buster 4

Finishers: Superkick 4, Code of Silence

Since coming to Smackdown she seems to be using the Superkick as a finish, sometimes more so than the Code of Silence. For now I have a duplicate Basement Dropkick 4 as the strong strike Superkick 4 occupied. Any better suggestions, feel free to post.

Naomi

Signatures: Rear View, Headscissor DDT

Finishers: Feel the Glow, Split-Legged Moonsault 2

It's been a while since I've seen her finish anyone off with the Rear View and as of late she seems to focus more on her submission and moonsault finishees. Headscissor DDT probably needs to be switched out as well, hit me up with any suggestions.

Natalya

Signatures: Nattie by Nature, Sit-out Powerbomb 1

Finishers: Sharpshooter 1, Sharpshooter 2

I honestly can't remember the last time Nattie used the Pin-up Strong, let alone finished anyone with it. I figured it would make more sense to give her Sharpshooter 2 instead since she does start from a standing position sometimes. I ended up switching Pin-up Strong to her lower body submission.

Any recommendations and desire to discuss, feel free to join in.

Isn't there a new Sit-out Powerbomb that looks like Nattie's version?

Johnny Gargano

Signatures: Superkick 14, Slingshot Spear (Superkick 13 as both ring side signatures)

Finishers: Arm Trapped Crossface 1, Full Nelson Reverse STO

I demoted the Lawn Dart to a normal corner grapple. Because I haven't actually seen Johnny finish anyone with the Superkick, I made that a signature. I also promoted the Slingshot Spear to a finish since he uses the move so prominently and even pinned an opponent with it once occasion. Meanwhile I added the Full Nelson Reverse STO as a finisher even though I don't recall him using it in WWE, but it was a finisher when he was independent. Alternatively Arm Trapped Crossface 2 can be used in that slot.

Tye Dillinger

Signatures: Perfect 10, Zack Attack

Finishers: Tye Breaker 1, Fireman's Carry Neckbreaker

For some reason 2K switched the placement of the moves. I just switched them back. The finishers are just a placeholder until the new Tye Breaker becomes available.

Also, I swapped the Single Knee Facebreaker for the Zack Attack. Althougg it's technically a different move it looks similar and lacks that ridiculous oversell.

For Braun, I gave him the Reverse Chokeslam and Chokeslam 8 as his signatures, Powerslam 1 and Oklahoma Slam for his finishers. He hasn't used the Elevated Triangle Choke since splitting from The Wyatt Family, and he's only used the Yokosuka Cutter a handful of times during his singles run.

For Braun, I gave him the Reverse Chokeslam and Chokeslam 8 as his signatures, Powerslam 1 and Oklahoma Slam for his finishers. He hasn't used the Elevated Triangle Choke since splitting from The Wyatt Family, and he's only used the Yokosuka Cutter a handful of times during his singles run.

Sounds about right. I was wondering what to do about Braun, he seems to have been slightly out of date in both this and 2K17.

Mojo Rawley is someone I could use some help with.

As it stands his finishers shoukd ideally be Tilt-A-Whirl Powerslam and Running Haymaker. His signatures should be Discus Punch 1 and Hyperdrive 2.

But the Running Haymaker animation used in the game results in the opponent being in a standing position, meaning it can't be used as a finish. As a result I ended up with this:

Signatures: Running Haymaker, Discus Punch 1

Ring Side Signatures: Discus Punch 1, Straight Punch

Finishers: Tilt-A-Whirl Powerslam, Hyperdrive 2

Ring Side Finishers: Hyperdrive 2, Hyperdrive 2.

For some reason Tilt-A-Whirl Powerslam can't be used as a ring side finisher even though the other Tilt-A-Whirl moves can be. In place of Tilt-A-Whirl Powerslam as a an Irish Whip grapple I bumped up his Back Body Drop and gave him back his Hip Toss from the last game.

Nikki Bella

Signatures: Forearm Smash 7, Running Bella Buster

Finishers: Rack Attack 2.0, STF 1

I changed Snapmare Knee Smash 1 to a strong grapple replacing Arm Trap STO since she also has the Arm Trap STO as an Irish Whip grapple. I thought this made sense because the Bella Buster is a former finisher so I bumped it up to a signature and used Monkey Flip 3 in its place as a running grapple. I dropped the Rack Attack since she doesn't use ot anymore fpr obvious reasons and replaced it with STF 1.

Speaking of STFs

I'd recommend changing John Cena's STF from 1 to 3 or 4, since those were animated especially for him.

This, looks fun, here are some tweaks made for signature and finishers.

AJ Styles

Signatures
- Phenomenal Forearm 2
- Calf Crusher or 1916 2

Finishers
- Styles Clash
- Pop-Up Styles Clash or Calf Crusher

Attempted 1916 Vs Balor at TLC, any of these moves can be a finisher since Styles doesn't really set up the Styles Clash

Akira Tozawa
Signatures
- Shining Wizard 2
- Deadlift German Suplex

Finishers
- Snap German Suplex
- Diving Senton Bomb 1

Shining Wizard sets up his Senton Bomb or finish with either German Suplex.

DDP
Signatures
- Standing Cutter
- Tower of London

Finishers
- Fireman's Carry Cutter
- Pop-Up Cutter

Choose you're variation of the Diamond Cutter.

Dean Ambrose
Signatures
- Rebound Lariat
- Snap DDT 2

Finishers
- Dirty Deeds 2
- Dirty Deeds 3

He does his elbow too much in a match to be a sig, Rebound sets up either Dirty Deeds and Snap DDT 2 was used as finishers in matches against Kane and HHH.

Jason Jordan
Signatures
- Corner Trapped Spear
- Spear/Belly to Belly Combo

Finishers
- Back Suplex Neckbreaker
-

Has used both to set up Back Suplex Neckbreaker.

Kassius Ohno
Signatures
- Discus Big Boot
- Electric Chair/Rolling Elbow Combo

Finishers
- KO 1
- Rolling Elbow 3

Discuss Big Boot sets up either Elbow finish, 2nd sig as a 3rd finisher from '15.

Neville
Signatures
- Superplex 4
- Rings of Saturn 1

Finishers
- Rings Of Saturn 2
- Red Arrow

Any can be used as a finisher.

Roderick Strong
Signatures
- Belly to Back Facebuster
- Gutcheck/Sick Kick Combo

Finishers
- End Of Heartache
- Rocket Kick 2

Belly to Back Facebuster sets up either Sick Kick (Rocket Kick 2) or End of Heartache, Gutcheck/Sick Kick Combo as a 3rd finisher.

Samoa Joe
Signatures
- CCS Enzuigiri or Samoan Blitz
- Muscle Buster 2

Finishers
- Side Slam 1 or Uranage 1
- Coquina Clutch

First choice for set up, Muscle Buster 2 for a 3rd finisher, either choice works till the new moves pack is released, DDP's Sambo Suplex is in the pack and should be a good replacement for his Swinging Uranage.

Seth Rollins
Signatures
- School Boy Superkick
- Superkick 1

Finishers
- Ripcord Knee Strike 1
- Ripcord Knee Strike 2

Either set's up his Knee Strike.

Shinsuke Nakamura
Signature
- Inverted Powerslam 2
- Kinshasha 2

Finishers
- Strong Style Knee Strike
- Kinshasha 1

Inverted Powerslam 2 to set up, choose which variation to finish, running version as a 3rd finisher.

TJP
Signatures
- Chicken Wing Gutbuster 2
-

Finishers
- Detonation Kick
- TJP Clutch

Chicken Wing Gutbuster 2 to set up Detonation Kick or go for the clutch.

Tye Dillinger
Signatures
- Mudhole Stomps 2
- Perfect 10

Finishers
- Tye Breaker
-

Stomps in the corner to set up Tye Breaker, Perect 10 as his original and a 3rd finisher now a common move. Place holder till new Tye Breaker is released in moves pack.

CAWs

Austin Aries
Signatures
- Skull Tap
- Last Chancery 2

Finishers
- Rolling Elbow 4
- Rolling Elbow 2

205 Live Aries, both Discus Fivearm variations, Last Chancery as a 3rd finisher and Skull tap was used in NXT.

CM Punk
Signatures
- Diving Elbow Drop 7
- Chick Kick 1

Finishers
- G.T.S. 3
- Anaconda Vise 2

Either sets up G.T.S. or hit the vice.

This, looks fun, here are some tweaks made for signature and finishers.

AJ Styles

Signatures

- Phenomenal Forearm 2

- Calf Crusher or 1916 2

Finishers

- Styles Clash

- Pop-Up Styles Clash or Calf Crusher

Attempted 1916 Vs Balor at TLC, any of these moves can be a finisher since Styles doesn't really set up the Styles Clash

Akira Tozawa

Signatures

- Shining Wizard 2

- Deadlift German Suplex

Finishers

- Snap German Suplex

- Diving Senton Bomb 1

Shining Wizard sets up his Senton Bomb or finish with either German Suplex.

DDP

Signatures

- Standing Cutter

- Tower of London

Finishers

- Fireman's Carry Cutter

- Pop-Up Cutter

Choose you're variation of the Diamond Cutter.

Dean Ambrose

Signatures

- Rebound Lariat

- Snap DDT 2

Finishers

- Dirty Deeds 2

- Dirty Deeds 3

He does his elbow too much in a match to be a sig, Rebound sets up either Dirty Deeds and Snap DDT 2 was used as finishers in matches against Kane and HHH.

Jason Jordan

Signatures

- Corner Trapped Spear

- Spear/Belly to Belly Combo

Finishers

- Back Suplex Neckbreaker

-

Has used both to set up Back Suplex Neckbreaker.

Kassius Ohno

Signatures

- Discus Big Boot

- Electric Chair/Rolling Elbow Combo

Finishers

- KO 1

- Rolling Elbow 3

Discuss Big Boot sets up either Elbow finish, 2nd sig as a 3rd finisher from '15.

Neville

Signatures

- Superplex 4

- Rings of Saturn 1

Finishers

- Rings Of Saturn 2

- Red Arrow

Any can be used as a finisher.

Roderick Strong

Signatures

- Belly to Back Facebuster

- Gutcheck/Sick Kick Combo

Finishers

- End Of Heartache

- Rocket Kick 2

Belly to Back Facebuster sets up either Sick Kick (Rocket Kick 2) or End of Heartache, Gutcheck/Sick Kick Combo as a 3rd finisher.

Samoa Joe

Signatures

- CCS Enzuigiri or Samoan Blitz

- Muscle Buster 2

Finishers

- Side Slam 1 or Uranage 1

- Coquina Clutch

First choice for set up, Muscle Buster 2 for a 3rd finisher, either choice works till the new moves pack is released, DDP's Sambo Suplex is in the pack and should be a good replacement for his Swinging Uranage.

Seth Rollins

Signatures

- School Boy Superkick

- Superkick 1

Finishers

- Ripcord Knee Strike 1

- Ripcord Knee Strike 2

Either set's up his Knee Strike.

Shinsuke Nakamura

Signature

- Inverted Powerslam 2

- Kinshasha 2

Finishers

- Strong Style Knee Strike

- Kinshasha 1

Inverted Powerslam 2 to set up, choose which variation to finish, running version as a 3rd finisher.

TJP

Signatures

- Chicken Wing Gutbuster 2

-

Finishers

- Detonation Kick

- TJP Clutch

Chicken Wing Gutbuster 2 to set up Detonation Kick or go for the clutch.

Tye Dillinger

Signatures

- Mudhole Stomps 2

- Perfect 10

Finishers

- Tye Breaker

-

Stomps in the corner to set up Tye Breaker, Perect 10 as his original and a 3rd finisher now a common move. Place holder till new Tye Breaker is released in moves pack.

CAWs

Austin Aries

Signatures

- Skull Tap

- Last Chancery 2

Finishers

- Rolling Elbow 4

- Rolling Elbow 2

205 Live Aries, both Discus Fivearm variations, Last Chancery as a 3rd finisher and Skull tap was used in NXT.

CM Punk

Signatures

- Diving Elbow Drop 7

- Chick Kick 1

Finishers

- G.T.S. 3

- Anaconda Vise 2

Either sets up G.T.S. or hit the vice.

One thing I need to say Jason Jordan's back suplex neckbreaker isn't available as a finisher

1. Was it really necessary to add each others quotes? I think you would have understood each other with direct responses. Perhaps Im wrong though.

2. You can apply Back Suplex Neckbreaker as a finisher, I have it on Jason Jordan myself.

Okay a few more:

Charlotte

Signatures: Natural Selection, Spear 6

Finishers: Big Boot 14, Figure 8 Leglock

She's been using the Big Boot more prominently as a finisher, so I bumped it up to one and switched Natural Selection to a signature. I replaced the Big Boot on her running strikes and Irish Whip rebound with Dropkick, but I'm open to better suggestions.

The Moonsault she had as a signature was switched back to being a normal diving move. I replaced Uso Splash 2, which she inexplicably had for some reason...

Dean Ambrose

Signatures: Rebound Lariat, Lunatic Fringe Elbow Drop

Ring Side Signatures: Clothesline 9, Clothesline 9

Finishers: Dirty Deeds 2, Dirty Deeds 3

I basically set his signatures to what they were on the previous game and made the Perfect Plex a strong grapple. While Dean does have a pretty good Perfect Plex, like most of his grapples he uses them sporadically. I'm not sure why he hae that as a signature.

The Usos

Signatures: Tequila Sunrise 2, Superkick 4

Ring Side Signatures: Tequila Sunrise 2, Tequila Sunrise 1

Finisher: Uso Splash 2, Uso Splash 2

Ring Side: Superkick 4, Superkick 4

The Usos were kind of tricky this year. I downgraded Running Hip Attack 1 to a seated corner strong strike since they don't use the move as prominently as heels. As you can see I took aome liberties with their ring side special moves. I'm also considering an alternative sets for them. But if anyone has any recommendations feel free to chime in.

Alternatives in consideration:

Signatures: Superkick 4, Running Hip Attack 1

Finishers: Uso Splash 2, Tequila Sunrise 2

Signatures: Tequila Sunrise 2, Running Hip Attack 1

Finishers: Uso Splash 2, Superkick 4

• 4 weeks later...

Batista

Signatures: Spinebuster 21, Spear 3

Finisher: Beast Bomb 1, Beast Bite

I just plain hate the new Batista Bomb animation. I noticed that the new animation has Batista going to sit before Powerbombing his opponent it makes the move look weaker. Fortunately the commentators still acknowledge the Beast Bomb as the Batista Bomb.

Luke Harper

Signatures: Superkick 10, Spin Sideslam

Finishers: Discus Clothesline 2, Discus Clothesline 1

I switched the Spin Sideslam to a signature because he doesn't use it as a finisher on the main roster. And I switched Back Suplex Facebuster to a rear strong grapple. I also switched his Superkick and Big Boot because he tends to use the Superkick to a more devastating effect than his Big Boot.

Ruby Riot

Signatures: Step-Up Enzugiri 5, Superkick Barrage

Finishers: Arm Wrench Pele Kick, Diving Senton Bomb 2

I switched her Diving Senton Bomb and Enzugiri since the Diving Senton has actually been used to win matches.

Shawn Michaels

Signatures: Diving Elbow Drop 3, Sharpshooter 2

Finishers: Sweet Chin Music 1, Sweet Chin Music 2

Honestly I just hate the animation for Superkick 7 and Sweet Chin Music 2 is right there. I'm not sure why it's not default.

Zack Ryder

Signatures: Broski Boot, Broski Boot

Finishers: Rough Ryder, Diving Elbro Drop

The Diving Elbro is actually a move Zack has actually won matches with. The 450 is only a move he breaks out on occasion so I made that a normal diving attack.

Archived