VC and Loot Crates

Exorcism

Alright, someone on the 2k boards recently did a cheat on the PC Version, netting him over 950,000,000 VC. The whole point is it would take too long to earn enough VC to unlock loot crates and buy everything. Some calculated it would take you over 330,000 matches earning you 300 VC each to unlock everything. The OP said to unlock all moves alone may take over ten million VC. I'm afraid they're easing us into micro transactions next year. If so, I hope they don't touch the base game with VC, loot crates, MTs and other trash.

I feel it's already heading that way. Next year could be where they're implementing it fully. There is some hope though, I do feel that both the reviewers and consumers are pushing back at this hard so we may not see it in if 2k feels that it might Garner some loss (I'm looking at you NBA Series).

Well...It's not like you need to use/are capable of using every single unlockable thing in MyCareer mode. In theory you don't have to unlock everything and thankfully there isn't a trophy for that.

I just wish we could by all the moves directly with the VC points, instead of having to unlock them first, which is totally random and actually makes it (kinda) necessary to attempt to unlock everything, just to get one specific move you want.

Unless they give my career a good high quality story with caw voices and branching points as long as they don't try to limit exhibition or universe I'm whatever on it. The mode is a grind regardless and it's expected. I care more about them adding 3vs 5 matches, 2vs6, 2vs2vs2vs2 and 2vs2vs2 more than anything. Also the ability to create refs with specific logic, like time between counts, dq frequency, liklyness to scree job someone etc. Also I would like universe mitb winners to cash in on me if I play a match as the champ. Even allow us to set that the CPU will for sure cash in after the match.

people complain that Road To WM/ My career was way to short they make it longer and it seems 2k cant win im liking Career mode longevity wise but i also have problems with other stuff in career mode. VC and loot crates i agree that VC isnt high enough for matches and was sceptical about crates but crates are great even if you lose matches you still get crates and stars getting VC between 8,000 and 10,000 from crates never hurt anyone

You're all insane if you think they're not going to implement microtransactions. Activision made 3.6 billion (yes that's a B) dollars last year on post release content alone. EA made 800 million on FIFA Ultimate team alone. NBA 2K18 is riddled with them. This shit is easy money and they're not gonna pass up on it out of the goodness of their heart.

You're all insane if you think they're not going to implement microtransactions. Activision made 3.6 billion (yes that's a B) dollars last year on post release content alone. EA made 800 million on FIFA Ultimate team alone. NBA 2K18 is riddled with them. This shit is easy money and they're not gonna pass up on it out of the goodness of their heart.

And they recieved heavy ridiculing backlash over it, to the point where the game has been torn apart by the common reviewer. Not saying you're right or wrong, but lets not use just one side of the narrative here.

And they recieved heavy ridiculing backlash over it, to the point where the game has been torn apart by the common reviewer. Not saying you're right or wrong, but lets not use just one side of the narrative here.

Have they made any less money because of the backlash tho? Obviously we don't know the numbers but I doubt the average consumer that buys NBA 2K even knows about the backlash. As long as they keep making money and unaware consumers continue to buy into it, then a small internet backlash is nothing.

Have they made any less money because of the backlash tho? Obviously we don't know the numbers but I doubt the average consumer that buys NBA 2K even knows about the backlash. As long as they keep making money and unaware consumers continue to buy into it, then a small internet backlash is nothing.

Neither of us know in either direction, it's a bad idea to make assumptions.

Again, not claiming you're wrong, i'm saying though that both sides need to be taken into consideration. The game was absolutely ripped to shreds on steam and plenty of reviews for it all, it very well could take them aback some.

It wont happen. Wrestling games dont sell anywhere near as many copies as NBA, COD and Fifa. Those 3 examples are very successful world wide whereas WWE, while releases world wide it does not sell as well.

It does not have a big enough backing like those games for them to implement microtransactions.

It wont happen. Wrestling games dont sell anywhere near as many copies as NBA, COD and Fifa. Those 3 examples are very successful world wide whereas WWE, while releases world wide it does not sell as well.

It does not have a big enough backing like those games for them to implement microtransactions.

Money talks. Come back to this thread in a years time. There is a reason that it is so hard to earn VC points this year.

Money talks. Come back to this thread in a years time. There is a reason that it is so hard to earn VC points this year.

Yeah to make you want to play the game more because last year you can get like 3000 in one match and then people complain that there's nothing to do with him after you use them all it's all about adding more longevity to the game

Just learned something else that doesn't make much since with loot crates. Why do I have to use VC to open a crate to be allowed to buy something with VC. That seems like an unneeded double charge.

So folks won't complain about the lack of VC spending. That's all.

Again, not claiming you're wrong, i'm saying though that both sides need to be taken into consideration. The game was absolutely ripped to shreds on steam and plenty of reviews for it all, it very well could take them aback some.

"despite ‘controversy’ over VC, @NBA2K is top-selling and most-played game on all consoles. People *love* VC and loot boxes."

https://twitter.com/RichGrisham/status/923244322060996608

https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/923094737824964609

"despite controversy over VC, @NBA2K is top-selling and most-played game on all consoles. People *love* VC and loot boxes."

https://twitter.com/RichGrisham/status/923244322060996608

https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/923094737824964609

Exactly. Do you think they will abandon the microtrans in NBA 2K19 because of this years backlash... nope. There is no reason for them not to introduce it into the WWE series. It won't bother me unless it effects the Universe mode, then I'm out.

Archived