A positive thread regarding WWE2K18

Olan

I know many are having issues with the game and I totally respect they are upset. But there are many threads about the negative but I wanted one that was positive.

I am loving this game. There are a few glitches but that had not stopped me from enjoying the game.

CC is much better and faster. You actually find what you search for.

The in game models are fantastic and the CAWS look great against them.

The gameplay is amazing.

Universe mode, which is all I play, is vastly improved. Cutscenes can happen in any match, even non-rivalries, so you have to play or watch every match.

Cutscenes are more varied and unpredictable.

Overall a terrific game IMO.

I know many are having issues with the game and I totally respect they are upset. But there are many threads about the negative but I wanted one that was positive.

I am loving this game. There are a few glitches but that had not stopped me from enjoying the game.

CC is much better and faster. You actually find what you search for.

The in game models are fantastic and the CAWS look great against them.

The gameplay is amazing.

Universe mode, which is all I play, is vastly improved. Cutscenes can happen in any match, even non-rivalries, so you have to play or watch every match.

Cutscenes are more varied and unpredictable.

Overall a terrific game IMO.

Yeah I agree, I love Universe Mode this year! I had no idea that cutscenes can happen in non-rivalries matches. I have encountered interference during entrances that weren't associated with a rivalry. It a great game.

I havent seen any non-rivalry match cutscenes so far? Do you get them often or are they just really rare?

I've only played 3 shows and got 4 cutscenes in non-rivalry so I'd say it's often. Or maybe I got lucky...

They are def there though, it's how you get the "upcoming" rivarlies

I love the game and I think it's few patches away from being a 9/10

Indeed, I said more or less the same in my review. Patch out the issues and AI problems, and in my opinion its the best wrestling game in history (a subjective claim, before any Fire Pro fans get mad).

I have to give them huge credit for the CC and image uploader. Everything is insanely fast

The new way they handle the image uploader is better too, since it allows one to upload more and stay logged in indefinitely. *Censored* tokens.

Wow i just got a cutscene in a match i edited in universe, didn't think that was possible. Match was originally a triple threat and i changed it to a 1 on 1 match with 2 new guys, TJP and Jack Gallagher and after i made Jack tap out TJ just started attacking him after the match.

Universe in general is doing a much better job of giving more and varied cutscenes. There's a couple I'd never even seen before that i've seen in just a week with the game.

I played 1 and a half shows in Universe and got nothing yet. I assume I have to create more interaction to get things building

I did nothing my first week and let the AI control everything and I got Cutscenes and rivalries. Wish I could help you

No complaints from me and Ive been playing everyday for over a week now. And no huge glitches from the start like previous years. Nice to be able to play Universe right away and not have to wait for a patch. And I concur with CC. Its a night and day difference from previous years. Hopefully it stays that way. Other years CC started out fine but then went to crap in a month.

I luv:

• all the new Leverage Pins from behind
  • wake-up taunts that cause your opponent to face away from you
  • u can toss ur opponent out of the ring without the the irish whip animation
  • u can do the Buckle Bomb from near the center of the ring
  • wrestlers roll out under the ropes to the apron sometimes when selling
  • we can set how wrestlers climb the top rope
  • we can set the Pre-Match animations
  • the new parking lot area
  • climbing the top rope with your back facing the opponent
  • way more hotspot moves

god DAMN I love the kick-out button for pins. It makes having long dramatic matches so much easier. Just had a good ten minute match between Cena and Shinsuke where I tanked 3 AAs, he tanked 2 Kinshasa's (thanks to said button) and finally ended the match by major reversing the AA, immediately bounced off the ropes and hit a 3rd Kinshasa for the win.

I just discovered the game gives you a warning if you try to download a logo you've uploaded twice, that's very appreciated!

Even though i get a few glitches here and there it doesnt really enrage me or taint my experience with with game, i just laugh them off and continue on with my match.

Ive been playing the game everyday since launch and ive been loving it so far all the attention to detail and the creation suite this year is the best its ever been.

This is easlily the best wwe 2k game and probably the best wrestling game in a decade.

Another thing I thought was worth mentioning is that compared to the previous games, the load times in this one are phenomenal. I'm so used to waiting on load screens that I start to do something else while it's loading and then I look up after 2 seconds and it's already loaded, pretty sweet.

Archived