Continental Alliance Wrestling 2K18 (Links to updates in 1st post)

Oz70NYC

Welcome to another year of wrestling EXCELLENCE!!! Continental Alliance Wrestling (CAW) returns for another action packed season of drama, competition and CONFLICT!

Late in 2K17, I decided to change things up for the fiction feds I created. Initially the plan was to merge my personal fed Evolution Wrestling with my E-Fed Pro Wrestling Neo, creating Pro Wrestling Evolution. But then I learned a lot of old PWN handlers were still interested in being part of it...so that deep six'd that idea. I did re-brand it PWE though. So then came my personal fed. Over the last 20 years (HOLY CRAP I've been doing this 20 FREAKING YEARS. First wrestling game was WWE Warzone, released in 1998) it's taken on many names. Ultra Pro Wrestling, Continental Pro Wrestling, International Wrestling Association, back to UPW, Five Star Wrestling and Evolution Wrestling. Well, I decided since I essentially merged PWN and EVO to PWE, my fed needed a new identity.

It's now Continental Alliance Wrestling.

I've decided to retcon all previous incarnations of my personal fed to create a single timeline that has existed for decades. CAW will have been founded in 1968 and have a rich history were my characters (and a few other people's) have passed through and forged their legacies. As such, I'll be working on TWO CAW rosters. The modern day CAW roster with many of the characters you've come to expect from me. The 2nd roster will be the CAW "Retro" roster. This will be the CAW roster as of 1994, the starting point for a few of my classic flagship characters such as Simon Fierhart, "Mr. Showtime" Kareem Brown and Sir Alex Winsor. Basically, expect a LOT of characters to come your way this year, and on a far more regular basis. But enough with the banter, here's the first 5 of 2K18.

Update packs:

Female Update #1

Male Update #2

Male Update #3

Female Update #2

Female Update #3

Female Update #4

Male Update #4

Female Update #5

Male Update #5

Tag Team Update

PWN Update

Female Update #6

Female Update #7

Male Update #6

"The Nightmare" Blake Evans

Weight Class: Heavyweight

Theme: "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" by Standing On Oblivion

Signature Move: Dreamweaver (Half Nelson Bulldog)/The Other Side "ToS" (Side Slam 1)

Finishing Move: Vertabreaker (Underhook Piledriver)/ Headshot (Punt Kick)

8pVl4Y0.png

Moderate changes to Blake for 2018, namely the face. I decided rather then using the generic texture I had made in 2016 I'd go ahead and make one based on a celebrity. My choice: Walton Goggins, best known for his role of Boyd Crowder on the FX show Justified. Aside from a variation of his trunks using the wrap feature and embossing the logos, he's unchanged from the last version I made of him on 2K17. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

"The Superstar" Brett Evans

Theme: "Radioactive" By Imagine Dragons

Signature Move: Winning Combination (B.F.T.)/ StarKO (TKO1)

Finishing Move: Super Star Press (Shooting Star 2)/ Solar Flare (Roode Bomb)

rJ4rgm1.png

The twin brother of Blake I brought back to my roster in 2016. Naturally, he uses the same face texture. Overall his look also is unchanged. Used different materials and the generic Bret Hart jack rather then the Finn Balor one he had last year, as well as a new hair style.

"The Archetype" Dru Mercer

Weight Class: Super Heavyweight

Theme: "Run + Hide" by Ghost Of August

Signature Move: Hercules Cutter (Airplane Spin/TKO)/ Mach 5 (Back Suplex Side Slam)

Finishing Move: Event Horizon (Terminating Spike)/ Emerald Flowsion

slQoEzU.png

Once again, no real deviations from the last version I made in last year's game aside from the face texture. It's based off of actor Liev Shrieber (best known for his title role on Showtime's Ray Donovan). As Dru's up there in age these days (As of this year he's 40) I also decided to make his physique less vascular and more along the size of a power lifter.

Evan Slade

Weight Class: Light Heavyweight

Theme: "Indifferent" By ANewGod

Signature Move: Blackjack (Straight Jacker DDT)/ Revolution Act (Sit-Out Gourdbuster)

Finishing Move: Continuum Shift (Gory Bomb)/ Spear 5

JzkSbMr.png

Yet again...no real change in Evan's look from last year. Like the above characters I opted to use the face of an actor for Evan's face texture. It's based on Matt Bomer (Neal Caffery from USA's White Collar). I hammered down a perfect look for Evan last year, and this year is the exact same attire, aside from using the new, better looking leather material textures.

Jayson Jones

Theme: "Harry R" - NBA Ballers: Chosen One Soundtrack

Signature Move: Chin Chilla (Superkick 7)/ Golden Gloves Combo (Texas Jab)

Finishing Move: Brook-Nam Bomb (Sit-Out Powerbomb 4)/ King's Crown (Rolling Cutter)

kxn6sZ5.png

Mr. Jones has a brand new face texture like the rest. I opted to use the face of a male model I pulled from the net, as finding a high quality color photo of his original facial inspiration Malcom X is IMPOSSIBLE. Such an image doesn't exist, so I went a new direction. Aside from that he's unchanged as far as his attire goes from last year.

All five are available for download. Tags are Oz70NYC and CAW2K18.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. :D I'm presently working on the next group of characters. It'll include:

Simon Fierhart

Liedhamer

Cody Prince

Aaron Manson

Primo Valiante (Wait until you see what I did with the 2k18 version. Gonna blow a few minds)

I hope to have them done by the end of the day. The CAWs are all done, I just gotta make move-sets for them.

Progress report - These are the next batch of characters soon to be released:

Male

Aaron Manson

Cannon Webb

Cody Prince

Liedhamer

Primo Valiante

Ryan Fierhart

Sam Hein

Simon Fierhart

Female

Ashley Diamond

Brittany Nitro

Heather Fierhart

Helena Troy

Nicole Roland

Zoe Slade (Formerly Synergi)

The problem is, as I haven't hot silver yet, I still only have 5 slots to use. So I'll have to roll them out in batches. I'm devoting the entire day to move-sets...always the longest and most drawn out part of the creation process. Well, at least for those who aren't lazy. My next addition to the showcase will be later today, so if you haven't grabbed the 5 already uploaded characters, get 'em now...cuz I'll be pulling them for the next batch.

Quick question Ozy, tried to download Dru the other day but couldn't cause of the Cena Nuff content, will you be able to put him back up at some point once that's released so we're able to grab him?

The problem with that is one of Dru's core moves, the Emerald Flowsion...is a DLC move now. For whatever reason they removed the old version, and added a new one on RvD which is a pinning move. It kinda sucks. I'll have to replace the move with a Norther Lights Bomb.

Quick question Ozy, tried to download Dru the other day but couldn't cause of the Cena Nuff content, will you be able to put him back up at some point once that's released so we're able to grab him?

The problem with that is one of Dru's core moves, the Emerald Flowsion...is a DLC move now. For whatever reason they removed the old version, and added a new one on RvD which is a pinning move. It kinda sucks. I'll have to replace the move with a Norther Lights Bomb.

Argh! That's infuriating! God knows what they were thinking making such a popular move DLC

Can't wait to see the new versions! I've been downloading Primo Valiante, The Fierharts, and a few others you didn't mention for years now.

I actually have a question, if you don't mind sharing your tricks of the trade lol. How do you get your logos to move on your "walls"? I've seen your arenas and always wondered how you were able to get it to where it looked animated even though you were using a custom logo.

Can't wait to see the new versions! I've been downloading Primo Valiante, The Fierharts, and a few others you didn't mention for years now.

I actually have a question, if you don't mind sharing your tricks of the trade lol. How do you get your logos to move on your "walls"? I've seen your arenas and always wondered how you were able to get it to where it looked animated even though you were using a custom logo.

Just before (or after) you select your patterns and logos, if you look on the bottom of the screen there should be an option to hit square to animate the tron.

In other news, as promised I've uploaded 5 characters. This time it's 5 females. Hashtags are Oz70NYC and CAW2K17

Ashley Diamond

Weight Class: Featherweight

Signature Move: Diamond Ring (Modified Russian Leg Sweep)/Running Knee Strike 5 (Guzabushi Knee)

Finishing Move: Diamond Cutter (Gun Stun)/Lioness Tamer (Liontamer)

bqYihGH.png

Back for the 2nd year in a row under my creation, Ashley Diamond is one of, if not the single most iconic female character of the sim-Efed era of the community. If you want backstory on her, just click here. I decided I wanted to simplify her look this year. Last year was her grand "coming out" party as a character of my creation, so I gave her the whole fancy look. This year sees Ashley return to her more minimalist look. A nice simple attire befitting of her being a consummate pro. Aside from her attire, she's unchanged. (You'll notice that a lot about my characters this year. Only a handful are getting full on reworkings).

Brittany Nitro

Signature Move: Break'er Back (Butterfly Backbreaker 2)/N20 (Handspring Moonsault)

Finishing Move: Nitro Drop (Side Effect 2)/Full Frontal (Skull Crushing Finale)

ArSmnkV.png

This year's Brittany is both the same and completely different. The attire is pretty much untouched aside from a few new design tweaks. Her face on the other hand isn't. I managed to after a good long while, find a full color, hi resolution head shot of all people, Marilyn Monroe. The moment I did, I knew I had to make it the base of Brittany's face. The end result...well, you can see for yourself. The really awesome part about her though is her entrance. By far the 2nd best entrance I've ever done. Just download her and you'll see what I mean.

Heather Fierhart

Signature Move: Spinebuster 8/Heat Stroke (Impaler DDT 3)

Finishing Move: Firebomb (Falling Powerbomb)/Phoenix Splash

HlF6tHM.png

I basically kept the same layout of her 2017 attire, just used different parts and graphics for the fire. Her 2nd attire is completely new however, making use of some Dana Brook pieces. Later last year I gave Heather and Synergi updated face textures, so obviously I carried those over.

Helena Troy

Signature Move: Regal Cutter (Black Pearl Drop)/Rolling Elbow 4 (Goodnight Kiss)

Finishing Move: Pedigree 2 (Helena's Wrath)/Dragon Sleeper 2 (Dragon's Spite)

U3yUEbf.png

Like Ashley, Helena is a character I assumed creative control over last year from another creator no longer among the community. (Details here.) While her ring attires from last year are untouched, I had to give her 2 new entrance attires...because for whatever reason some parts that could be combine last year can't be this year. Pretty dumb, but it afforded me a chance to change things up on her...giving her more of a personality accurate to how the character was portrayed in text form. She also has the BEST entrance I've ever made. Befitting of her personality.

Nicole Roland

Signature Move: Roland Clothesline (Nattie By Nature)/Blood Shoes(Discus Big Boot)

Finishing Move: Big Sista Gorgeous Slam (Pimp Drop)/M.A.B.T "Make A Bitch Tap" (Rings Of Saturn 2)

F7Dk72g.png

My 2nd longest standing female character, who dates back to 2001 in her initial creation. You might notice she looks decidedly different then she did last year. Well, Nicole is one of the few complete redesigns I made. I actually made this updated version in 2K17, but never released it because I made the update in August. I decided to hang on to it and release the "new" Nicole in 2K18. I've toyed around with her face, body type and attire over the years, and I believe I've finally nailed a permanent look for her. Definitely satisfied with the results.

All 5 ladies are up on CC now, and will remain up until next Friday, when I update with 5 more characters. It'll be back to males next week...5 heel characters; Aaron Manson, Cody Prince, Cannon Webb, Sam Hein and Primo Valiante.

Archived