Cena (Nuff) Physical items damaged

black_machismo

Anybody here who bought the Collector's edition of WWE 2K18.

Any of you got a damaged plaque in your set?

Got my CE yesterday and when i opened it at home. The Plaque's picture is out of place.

It sucks since there is nothing i could do to fix it.

Tweeted it to @WWEGames but they don't care so I'll just have to live with this item which sucks.

This is my first CE game and I am disappointed, looks like I'll just trade this thing and next time I will never buy a CE game from 2K. The only good thing I got is the free Funko Pop Seth Rollins.

GsKrYW1.jpg

S61IvE2.jpg

By the looks of it, there are four pins on the plaque...which could probably be removed in some way and put back together. That said, it still looks like a shoddy product. But, to be fair...this edition looked shoddily thrown together from day one, which is why I never considered buying it for a second. Took forever for them to announce what the special edition would actually be...and when they did, it was obvious that zero thought went into it.

Exactly why people shouldn't be buying anything than standard.

Lol...nonsense. Digital deluxe is fine. People just shouldn't expect great things when they buy a half-assed physical edition that was obviously half-assed.

Digital would be great if you could sell it or get the next yer's version at cheaper price. :\ But yeah, if 2K actually put out decent stuff, then it'd be worth getting physical edition.

Exactly why people shouldn't be buying anything than standard.

Why is that I can never agree with anything you say? :facepalm:

because you fail

sucks...but thats not really damaged.

i expected to see the John Cena action figure like broken in 2 or something.

u just got a slightly askew postcard

Actually after thorough inspection it sure is damaged. one of the corners is opening up. I tried opening each corner but I can't since the other 3 corners are glued properly. I tried lifting the one corner and have a paper or thin card to move the photo but the picture has already sticked to the plaque. If I try to further lift the plaque it could break and even worsen the damage. So the only thing I could do is just sell this thing. Don't want to keep something this low quality.

By the looks of it, there are four pins on the plaque...which could probably be removed in some way and put back together. That said, it still looks like a shoddy product. But, to be fair...this edition looked shoddily thrown together from day one, which is why I never considered buying it for a second. Took forever for them to announce what the special edition would actually be...and when they did, it was obvious that zero thought went into it.

The 3 pins can't be moved :( only one can be lifted which means it was damaged during production, hence the reason why the card got out of place. Can't be moved by using a paper or thin card since it sticked to the plaque which sucks.

If you could remember in one of the past threads I mentioned that I have no intention of getting this edition as I only need the Deluxe edition. Only problem is that there are no pre-orders here in our country that's why I was not able to reserve a copy. Got lucky I had extra money and one store has this as a last stock so I just went and buy it since there is a slim chance to find a physical deluxe since the stores here does not care for other games unless it is "NBA" related. Would like to keep it since it is my very first Collector's edition but with this kind of quality I rather sell it.

Save it, something stupid like that may add value lol

hahaha nah, something stupid like that would just degrade the value of the product.

Isn't there a consumer law that if the product is faulty you can get your money back? Take it back to the store and get your money back. If they say you can't ask to speak to the manager. If they say you can't take their details and call the head office. The product is faulty, you are entitled to a refund. You have to play hard. Even if you have already used the DLC. They should at least compensate with a refund to the price of the Deluxe Edition.

Isn't there a consumer law that if the product is faulty you can get your money back? Take it back to the store and get your money back. If they say you can't ask to speak to the manager. If they say you can't take their details and call the head office. The product is faulty, you are entitled to a refund. You have to play hard. Even if you have already used the DLC. They should at least compensate with a refund to the price of the Deluxe Edition.

No in this case there is no defect

I'll have to agree with AustinFan here. No real defect on the main game only the collectable, I'll just have to live with it. It will be hard to do something with it especially I live outside of the United States. But this will be a note for me that I will never ever buy a Collector's edition from 2K.

Open a Ticket at 2k costumer support.

The wwe games twitter is only responsable for their marketing.

Will try this out. If they give me a replacement then cool. If not well life goes on. As I said earlier, will never ever trust 2K with their Collector's Edition BS. I just hate the fact that this is my very first collector's edition game, then I would get something like this.

The collectable is part of what he paid for. In Australia this would definitely be covered by consumer law as the item is both not as described and not fit for its purpose (can't be hung on display without looking like shit). In terms of Law it is no different to if the DLC codes didn't work, or the Cena figures head was on backward. I'd definitely get a refund.

I hate to tell you this dude, but Deluxe Edition preorders were kind of unnecessary. Kurt was the preorder bonus, sure. BUT, only for the standard edition. You didn't NEED to preorder because Kurt is included by default in the other two editions. As a matter of fact, in my Deluxe Edition, exactly one code came with it that unlocked everything from Kurt, the season pass and Cena, Batista and RVD. I feel bad for you because I realized how big of a price difference they charged for some crappy collectibles.

I hate to tell you this dude, but Deluxe Edition preorders were kind of unnecessary. Kurt was the preorder bonus, sure. BUT, only for the standard edition. You didn't NEED to preorder because Kurt is included by default in the other two editions. As a matter of fact, in my Deluxe Edition, exactly one code came with it that unlocked everything from Kurt, the season pass and Cena, Batista and RVD. I feel bad for you because I realized how big of a price difference they charged for some crappy collectibles.

I don't get what you are saying.....I know Kurt is included in all versions. Remember you have to preorder to get the Deluxe and CE so automatically it will include Kurt with the bonus of all DLC for the game.

That's barely damaged at all

I understand people saying it's barely damaged at all, but if you sell it in that kind of state people will drag the price down. The item's value will degrade instead of rise up since the item has a defect (And as I have mentioned the item is damaged because one of the corners is not glued properly and does open up, hence the reason the card slid out of place). This is what I want to share here which some people don't understand. Well as I have said, nothing much I could do. Will just have to get this out of my hands ASAP and just buy new games with the money I get from it.

Archived