Questions about game on PC

ghamrick75

Had questions about possibly getting the game on PC and a buddy suggested I ask here. Normally, I would be getting it on Xbox One but my console died earlier this year so I am left with PC until I can get a new console. (Which probably won't be till about the time WWE 2k19 comes out.)

1) First off, can a Xbox controller be used on the PC version of the game or do I need a Steam controller? I've had issues with a few games that appeared to support a controller but it required a Steam controller and not an Xbox Controller.

2) Second, Is there the same sort of creative community on PC that exists on console? I am not including the modding community on this though I know it apparently exists. (Though I may look into mods someday.)

3) I was considering streaming career mode on the game. Could anyone give me some feedback on this year's career mode as opposed to last year. Does it match the hyper? Is it at least better than the previous two years? How much of a factor is the "loot box" looking reward boxes from Road to Glory and elsewhere that I thought I saw in the video on career mode. (I know they have a different name but can't recall them.)

Thanks for the info on the controller, Doc.

Was more curious on the Creative Community than anything. If I am playing in Career primarily, I doubt I will downloading much from the community there.

Hopefully someone else will have info on the career move stuff (hopefully)

1) 360/xbox one/ DS4 are all plug and play. Anything else you might need a program.

2) Seems to not be as lively as PS4; can't comment too much as I don't use other people's creations

3) Don't mess much with my career, but it seems to have some notable improvements.

You mean PS4 controller?

Going from WWE 2k17 for PC

1:- I use a Xbox One controller and it works perfect with no additional programs

2:-The CC is Quite well Updated and it is quite active

3:-sorry i cannot help with this one as i don't like the career mode so haven't played it

Nero

Had questions about possibly getting the game on PC and a buddy suggested I ask here. Normally, I would be getting it on Xbox One but my console died earlier this year so I am left with PC until I can get a new console. (Which probably won't be till about the time WWE 2k19 comes out.)

1) First off, can a Xbox controller be used on the PC version of the game or do I need a Steam controller? I've had issues with a few games that appeared to support a controller but it required a Steam controller and not an Xbox Controller.

2) Second, Is there the same sort of creative community on PC that exists on console? I am not including the modding community on this though I know it apparently exists. (Though I may look into mods someday.)

3) I was considering streaming career mode on the game. Could anyone give me some feedback on this year's career mode as opposed to last year. Does it match the hyper? Is it at least better than the previous two years? How much of a factor is the "loot box" looking reward boxes from Road to Glory and elsewhere that I thought I saw in the video on career mode. (I know they have a different name but can't recall them.)

1. I have used steam for at least 5 years and only use a Xbox 360 controller.

2. You seriously should consider MODS as they are a great way to put previous years models in the game. Even Hulk Hogan's model from 2K15 has been compatible every year. CC is somewhat limited because most of the best modders are on PS4.

3. Never streamed so I wouldn't know.

Question for anyone familiar with modding on PC (and because I can't post on SmackTalks yet):

Is it right that for wrestlers to get their own theme, a sound file has to be replaced, unless I'm completely mistaken? About how many modded wrestlers then have custom music, and is there a way to tell if 2 different modded wrestlers could potentially overwrite the same sound file?

1) most every game since like 2005 let's you just plug in an xbox 360 contronner and it works right away, this game is no exception

2)nowhere near as vibrant as ps4 and xb1 communites but I think mods more than make up for that

3)I don't like it very much but I haven't played it for very long

Archived